Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Foxconn Bloodrage Overclocking/Help Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foxconn Bloodrage Overclocking/Help Thread

post #1 of 711
Thread Starter 
I did a quick search and noticed that the Bloodrage doesn't have a help and overclocking thread. With a mods help I would like to make the the official Bloodrage Thread. The purpose like any other motherboard thread is to help others with the same or similar rig reach the peak performance of there new systems.

Foxconn Quantum Force aims to deliver high performance computing, connectivity and digital enterainment. With more options for accessing and managing other devices, enhanced reliability features and new PC multimedia technologies. Bloodrage is the ideal choice for extreme performance or quantum force. This motherboard is based on the Intel® X58 chipset - providing ultimate performance for today's desktop computers. The Bloodrage supports the latest industry technologies - Intel® Bloomfield series processors and DDR3 1800MHz(via overclocking) memory. 100% SOLID Capacitor design, Ferrite Choke power delivery and Cool Pipe design help to maximize performance and increase reliability. And at the same time, provided the digital audio outputs via S/PDIF OUT and SONAR X-Fi audio card. CREATIVE X-FiTM ,CMSS 3D, EAX4.0 certification, guaratees the highest quality fidelity for games and movies.


Processor: Supports the newest Intel® CoreTM i7 and CoreTM i7 Extreme (Bloomfield) processors, Socket T (LGA1366)
Chipset: Intel® X58 + ICH10R Chipset
Front Side Bus: QPI 6.4GT/S
Memory: Triple DDR3 1800(**oc)/1600/1333x 3 DIMMs, Max.12GB
VGA on Die: Discreted
Expansion Slots: 4* PCIe2.0 x16, 1* PCIe2.0 x1, 1* PCI
IDE: 1* ATA 133
Serial ATA(SATA)/RAID: 6* SATAII + 2* eSATA w / RAID 0, 1, 5, 10; Intel® Matrix storage technology
Audio: SONAR X-Fi audio card, Realtek® ALC889, 7.1 channel Audio
LAN: Dual Gigabit LAN support teaming function by Realtek® 8111C
IEEE1394: 2*1394a
Back Panel I/O Ports: 1 x PS/2 keyboard port
1 x S/PDIF Coaxial port
1 x 1394 port
2 x eSATA ports
2 x RJ45 LAN ports
8 x USB 2.0 ports
Internal I/O Connectors:1 x ATX 24-Pin power connector
1 x 8-Pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 4-Pin CPU Fan connector
1 x 3-Pin System Fan connector
1 x 3-Pin NB Fan connector
2 x 3-Pin Fan connectors
3 x Onboard On/Off/CCMOS/Force Reset buttons
1 x IDE connector
2 x USB 2.0 connectors support additional 4 ports
1 x HDA header
1 x Front Panel header
6 x SATAII connectors
1 x 1394 header
1 x SONAR X-Fi Card
BIOS Features:Dual 8Mb flash EEPROM w/ LAN boot PnP, ACPI, WfM, DMI
Support CD:Drivers, Adobe Reader, Norton
Standards/Manageability:PCI 2.3, USB2.0, DMI 2.5
Special Features:** Achieved by overclocking
* Quantum Force segment, based on Intel® X58 chipset
* Supports the newest Intel® CoreTM i7 and CoreTM i7 Extreme (Bloomfield) processors, Socket T (LGA1366)
* 4* PCIe x16 Gen 2.0 with ATI CrossFireX™ & NVIDIA® SLI™ support
* Triple DDR3 1800(**oc)/1600/1333x 3 DIMMs, Max.12GB
* 4in1 Quantum Cooler
* 14 phase Digital PWM
* Quantum BIOS
* SONAR X-Fi audio card–7.1 channel HDA daughter card with 108dB DAC SNR/104dB
* Quantum Flow and Quantum Lap unique accessories
* 100% SOLID Capacitor design and Ferrite Choke
Form Factor: ATX (12" x 9.6")




CPU-z and Benchmarks to come.
BloodRed i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Foxconn Bloodrage ATI HD5870 6GB OCZ i7 Certified 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.12 1TBx2 Lite-on 20x DVD burner Windows 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494HM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman 850w ZM850-HP CM Stacker 830 G500 Razor XactMat X 
  hide details  
Reply
BloodRed i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Foxconn Bloodrage ATI HD5870 6GB OCZ i7 Certified 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.12 1TBx2 Lite-on 20x DVD burner Windows 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494HM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman 850w ZM850-HP CM Stacker 830 G500 Razor XactMat X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 711
Thread Starter 
Mine just in case!
BloodRed i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Foxconn Bloodrage ATI HD5870 6GB OCZ i7 Certified 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.12 1TBx2 Lite-on 20x DVD burner Windows 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494HM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman 850w ZM850-HP CM Stacker 830 G500 Razor XactMat X 
  hide details  
Reply
BloodRed i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Foxconn Bloodrage ATI HD5870 6GB OCZ i7 Certified 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.12 1TBx2 Lite-on 20x DVD burner Windows 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494HM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman 850w ZM850-HP CM Stacker 830 G500 Razor XactMat X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 711
Thanks for opening this thread Villainstone.

I'll get things started.

My record (but not stable) clock so far is 4.64 ghz (with turbo on) with the following settings:
Vc: 1.45V
VTT: +180
PLL: 1.87
DRAM: 1.65
IOH: 1.30
Baseclock: 221 X 21
PPM enabled
EIST enabled
CXE disabled
Hyperthreading disabled

Any suggestions for tweaking higher?

I've spent a fair amount of time tweaking the different voltages up (even tried Vc up to 1.55) and down and messing with different combinations of power management (and no power management).

Even tinkered with CPU skew and IOH skew some, but not more than 200ps.

I'm still an overclocking rookie and got this board partly to force me to learn more. I won't cry if my chip fries so don't worry about non-conservative suggestions. Ideally it will last me until 32 nm come out, but that's not absolutely necessary.
24/7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 5.0 ghz 1.4v Gigabyte UD4 GTX 580 Lightning Ripjaws 2133Mhz 7-10-10-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 128 SSD Win7 64 Samsung 245T HX1000 
Case
Lian Li 
  hide details  
Reply
24/7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 5.0 ghz 1.4v Gigabyte UD4 GTX 580 Lightning Ripjaws 2133Mhz 7-10-10-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 128 SSD Win7 64 Samsung 245T HX1000 
Case
Lian Li 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 711
I guess this is a good place to put my experience i had yesterday with my BloodRage board. I received all my components a couple of days ago and decided to build the computer outside of the case in order to check that every components are functional and install the os and update all drivers.
This was my 1st computer build, foxconn really made it easy with the instruction for 1st time builders. After hooking all the components and posting on the 1st try I did everything that what i wanted to accomplish by installing vista and putting all the drivers for the board. Here when everthing went wrong there was an update for the bios (message pop up) so i downloaded the bios and the computer did the rest to update. When it restarted it would not post i get a error post 26, i tried clearing the cmos, changing the bios with jumpers, to even doing the vbat that discharges the battery trick and still get the error 26, for a couple of hours of troubleshooting i gave up and RMA the board:swearing: Im hoping that the next Bloodrage board wont have that buggy bios problem. Im just wandering if anyone had this problem?
Master Shifu
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7 3770k (4.5) Gigabyte Z77x-UP5TH EVGA GTX 670 2G SLI 16 Gig Samsung  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 330 raid 0 ( Windows 8) WD Caviar Black LG DVD R/RW Corsair 100H Push and Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 pro Auria 27'WQHD 2560x1440 Logitech K750 Thermaltake 850 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 700D w/window side panel Logitech G700 gaming mouse Klipsh Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Shifu
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7 3770k (4.5) Gigabyte Z77x-UP5TH EVGA GTX 670 2G SLI 16 Gig Samsung  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 330 raid 0 ( Windows 8) WD Caviar Black LG DVD R/RW Corsair 100H Push and Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 pro Auria 27'WQHD 2560x1440 Logitech K750 Thermaltake 850 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 700D w/window side panel Logitech G700 gaming mouse Klipsh Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 711
Thread Starter 
You need to be careful with Live update. Try to avoid it if you can. I had the same issue and that is why post 2 is still in reserve LOL. I am back on my Gigabyte UD4P right now but I cannot wait till I get the BR back. I hit 211Mhz before I updated my BIOS and pooped out the board LOL. It also took my PERC card with it. The PERC still works but not with that BR. I have to wait till I get the new one back.
BloodRed i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Foxconn Bloodrage ATI HD5870 6GB OCZ i7 Certified 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.12 1TBx2 Lite-on 20x DVD burner Windows 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494HM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman 850w ZM850-HP CM Stacker 830 G500 Razor XactMat X 
  hide details  
Reply
BloodRed i7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 930 Foxconn Bloodrage ATI HD5870 6GB OCZ i7 Certified 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate 7200.12 1TBx2 Lite-on 20x DVD burner Windows 7 Ult x64 Samsung 2494HM 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Zalman 850w ZM850-HP CM Stacker 830 G500 Razor XactMat X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Villainstone View Post
You need to be careful with Live update. Try to avoid it if you can. I had the same issue and that is why post 2 is still in reserve LOL. I am back on my Gigabyte UD4P right now but I cannot wait till I get the BR back. I hit 211Mhz before I updated my BIOS and pooped out the board LOL. It also took my PERC card with it. The PERC still works but not with that BR. I have to wait till I get the new one back.
OMG i thought it was just me...LOL...when i get a new board from newegg, im not putting any of the software that came with it. To much trouble and messes up all the bios, what is the use of that dual bios if it does not help, also the clear cmos. Anyway i hope i get a new board soon so i can get to play with it, i sent back the board back to newegg 2 days ago.
Master Shifu
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7 3770k (4.5) Gigabyte Z77x-UP5TH EVGA GTX 670 2G SLI 16 Gig Samsung  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 330 raid 0 ( Windows 8) WD Caviar Black LG DVD R/RW Corsair 100H Push and Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 pro Auria 27'WQHD 2560x1440 Logitech K750 Thermaltake 850 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 700D w/window side panel Logitech G700 gaming mouse Klipsh Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Master Shifu
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel core i7 3770k (4.5) Gigabyte Z77x-UP5TH EVGA GTX 670 2G SLI 16 Gig Samsung  
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 330 raid 0 ( Windows 8) WD Caviar Black LG DVD R/RW Corsair 100H Push and Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 pro Auria 27'WQHD 2560x1440 Logitech K750 Thermaltake 850 
CaseMouseAudio
Corsair 700D w/window side panel Logitech G700 gaming mouse Klipsh Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 711
did you switch the jumper over to boot from back up bios??

Emmett
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 @ 4.6 EVGA 790I 3 8800 Ultra's Tri-SLI 4 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 991601 @ 1840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Raid Maxtor 320Gig 16meg cache External toshiba dvd Vista 64 LG 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek PCPC 750 and Enermax 620 Stacker logitech mx-518 
Mouse Pad
ratpadz 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 @ 4.6 EVGA 790I 3 8800 Ultra's Tri-SLI 4 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 991601 @ 1840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Raid Maxtor 320Gig 16meg cache External toshiba dvd Vista 64 LG 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek PCPC 750 and Enermax 620 Stacker logitech mx-518 
Mouse Pad
ratpadz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
Thanks for opening this thread Villainstone.

I'll get things started.

My record (but not stable) clock so far is 4.64 ghz (with turbo on) with the following settings:
Vc: 1.45V
VTT: +180
PLL: 1.87
DRAM: 1.65
IOH: 1.30
Baseclock: 221 X 21
PPM enabled
EIST enabled
CXE disabled
Hyperthreading disabled

Any suggestions for tweaking higher?

I've spent a fair amount of time tweaking the different voltages up (even tried Vc up to 1.55) and down and messing with different combinations of power management (and no power management).

Even tinkered with CPU skew and IOH skew some, but not more than 200ps.

I'm still an overclocking rookie and got this board partly to force me to learn more. I won't cry if my chip fries so don't worry about non-conservative suggestions. Ideally it will last me until 32 nm come out, but that's not absolutely necessary.
wow, awesome, what batch CPU?

Emmett
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 @ 4.6 EVGA 790I 3 8800 Ultra's Tri-SLI 4 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 991601 @ 1840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Raid Maxtor 320Gig 16meg cache External toshiba dvd Vista 64 LG 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek PCPC 750 and Enermax 620 Stacker logitech mx-518 
Mouse Pad
ratpadz 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 @ 4.6 EVGA 790I 3 8800 Ultra's Tri-SLI 4 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 991601 @ 1840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Raid Maxtor 320Gig 16meg cache External toshiba dvd Vista 64 LG 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek PCPC 750 and Enermax 620 Stacker logitech mx-518 
Mouse Pad
ratpadz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritchwell View Post
I guess this is a good place to put my experience i had yesterday with my BloodRage board. I received all my components a couple of days ago and decided to build the computer outside of the case in order to check that every components are functional and install the os and update all drivers.
This was my 1st computer build, foxconn really made it easy with the instruction for 1st time builders. After hooking all the components and posting on the 1st try I did everything that what i wanted to accomplish by installing vista and putting all the drivers for the board. Here when everthing went wrong there was an update for the bios (message pop up) so i downloaded the bios and the computer did the rest to update. When it restarted it would not post i get a error post 26, i tried clearing the cmos, changing the bios with jumpers, to even doing the vbat that discharges the battery trick and still get the error 26, for a couple of hours of troubleshooting i gave up and RMA the board:swearing: Im hoping that the next Bloodrage board wont have that buggy bios problem. Im just wandering if anyone had this problem?
last time I had a post code 26 it was a bad video card, tried it on two boards
bloodrage and 790I and both gave code 26. got new card, problem gone.

Emmett
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 @ 4.6 EVGA 790I 3 8800 Ultra's Tri-SLI 4 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 991601 @ 1840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Raid Maxtor 320Gig 16meg cache External toshiba dvd Vista 64 LG 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek PCPC 750 and Enermax 620 Stacker logitech mx-518 
Mouse Pad
ratpadz 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E8600 @ 4.6 EVGA 790I 3 8800 Ultra's Tri-SLI 4 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 991601 @ 1840 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2X Raid Maxtor 320Gig 16meg cache External toshiba dvd Vista 64 LG 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
saitek PCPC 750 and Enermax 620 Stacker logitech mx-518 
Mouse Pad
ratpadz 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 711
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmett View Post
wow, awesome, what batch cpu?

Emmett
3839a632
24/7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 5.0 ghz 1.4v Gigabyte UD4 GTX 580 Lightning Ripjaws 2133Mhz 7-10-10-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 128 SSD Win7 64 Samsung 245T HX1000 
Case
Lian Li 
  hide details  
Reply
24/7
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 5.0 ghz 1.4v Gigabyte UD4 GTX 580 Lightning Ripjaws 2133Mhz 7-10-10-27 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Kingston 128 SSD Win7 64 Samsung 245T HX1000 
Case
Lian Li 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › Foxconn Bloodrage Overclocking/Help Thread