Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Guide
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Guide - Page 753

post #7521 of 14566
Off-topic:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytan View Post
Yes it is. There's no reason either of those activities can't wait. Sides, not like I can't just use Steam/Ventrilo and broadcast voice instead of push to talk. I mean, unless you're talking about VC'ing in pubs.... why would I do that again?
Voice chat is absolutely critical in that game, unless that person is playing as a useless camping recon. If you're actually talking to a squad over Vent or something, you'd come to realize how important it is. If you get surprised from your right side, and your squad doesn't see it then they'd at least know because you were on vent to relay the info. Otherwise, they all die. One of my major gripes with BC2 is how quickly 90% of the players disregard voice chat and only aquire k/d stats. If you pay attention to the squads who are always on top (and usually have the same clan tags) you'll note that they are using vent (or equivalent) to stay informed. Even in a pub. . .
Edited by W4LNUT5 - 9/14/10 at 11:42am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7522 of 14566
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4LNUT5 View Post
Off-topic:
Voice chat is absolutely critical in that game, unless that person is playing as a useless camping recon. If you're actually talking to a squad over Vent or something, you'd come to realize how important it is. If you get surprised from your right side, and your squad doesn't see it then they'd at least know because you were on vent to relay the info. Otherwise, they all die. One of my major gripes with BC2 is how quickly 90% of the players disregard voice chat and only aquire k/d stats. If you pay attention to the squads who are always on top (and usually have the same clan tags) you'll note that they are using vent (or equivalent) to stay informed. Even in a pub. . .
You raise a good point, but what you don't seem to realize is how the situation effects the matter.

I don't see why anyone would care enough about a public game to not be able to wait a couple seconds to voice chat. In all honesty, the game isn't that fast paced.

Now playing a competitive match, I can understand wanting to relay information ASAP. In this context, your point is valid. Once again, Bad Company 2 is rather slow for a multiplayer game. It feels like a snails pace compared to something like Quake. Hell, even TF2 is faster than BC2. I don't think a matter of seconds is a deciding factor in a game such as Bad Company.

And besides, like I've already stated; there's services such as Steam, Ventrilo, etc. that you can use to broadcast voice. (instead of PTT)
Full-Baked
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 EVGA GTX 470 MSI GTX 470 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 60GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Elements External 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Generic ASUS Drive H50 w/ YL D12SH-12 Push/Pull Windows 7 Professional x64 HP ZR22W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp Spacesaver (Black) Corsair HX650 Storm Sniper B.E. Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent ATH-AD700 Headphones Audioengine A2 Speakers (Black) Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Mad Catz SSFIV T.E. Fightstick X360 Wired Controller (Black) Mouse Bungee (Black) Logitech USB Desktop Mic (Silver) 
  hide details  
Reply
Full-Baked
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 EVGA GTX 470 MSI GTX 470 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 60GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Elements External 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Generic ASUS Drive H50 w/ YL D12SH-12 Push/Pull Windows 7 Professional x64 HP ZR22W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp Spacesaver (Black) Corsair HX650 Storm Sniper B.E. Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent ATH-AD700 Headphones Audioengine A2 Speakers (Black) Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Mad Catz SSFIV T.E. Fightstick X360 Wired Controller (Black) Mouse Bungee (Black) Logitech USB Desktop Mic (Silver) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7523 of 14566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytan View Post
You raise a good point, but what you don't seem to realize is how the situation effects the matter.

I don't see why anyone would care enough about a public game to not be able to wait a couple seconds to voice chat. In all honesty, the game isn't that fast paced.

Now playing a competitive match, I can understand wanting to relay information ASAP. In this context, your point is valid. Once again, Bad Company 2 is rather slow for a multiplayer game. It feels like a snails pace compared to something like Quake. Hell, even TF2 is faster than BC2. I don't think a matter of seconds is a deciding factor in a game such as Bad Company.

And besides, like I've already stated; there's services such as Steam, Ventrilo, etc. that you can use to broadcast voice. (instead of PTT)
You've never played in a clan. We don't hang out and camp, and we don't play any different just because we're on a pub server (unless we're trolling lol). We prefer to get into opposing territory as fast as possible and we're usually the only squad pushing out for mcoms while the other 90% of the server chooses to camp in a tree. . . I can't tell you how many times I've died because of a delayed voice chat (vent has almost a 1 sec delay from when you've said something to when the other people receive it).

Oh, and I'd rather have PTT enabled then have myself recorded while something dumb is being picked up by my mic. We've recorded a few things in our vent that people will never live down lol (such as a guys mom offering him a pillow and blankets, or a dudes sister asking him how her boobs looked in something)
Edited by W4LNUT5 - 9/14/10 at 12:01pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7524 of 14566
Seeing how you guys are talking about voice chat clients. May I recommend Mumble? I've been using Vent for quite a while and recently switched over to Mumble due to less delay. If you would like to try it out send me a PM, I have a server available.
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7525 of 14566
Quote:
Originally Posted by W4LNUT5 View Post
You've never played in a clan. We don't hang out and camp, and we don't play any different just because we're on a pub server (unless we're trolling lol). We prefer to get into opposing territory as fast as possible and we're usually the only squad pushing out for mcoms while the other 90% of the server chooses to camp in a tree. . .
I'm not a pub try-hard. <_< If you like that sort of thing, I don't blame you; but I'll leave the seriousness for the matches that require it. Pubs are more or less just casual/for cheesing.

Quote:
I can't tell you how many times I've died because of a delayed voice chat (vent has almost a 1 sec delay from when you've said something to when the other people receive it).
I'm going to have to apologize for what I'm about to say. I don't believe for one second that a one second delay of voice chat in BC2 has caused you to die 'countless times'. I'd be surprised if I saw it happen even once, to be quite honest. The maps are large, and the movement is rather slow. I just can't buy this.

Quote:
Oh, and I'd rather have PTT enabled then have myself recorded while something dumb is being picked up by my mic. We've recorded a few things in our vent that people will never live down lol (such as a guys mom offering him a pillow and blankets)
Preferences in all honesty.
Full-Baked
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 EVGA GTX 470 MSI GTX 470 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 60GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Elements External 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Generic ASUS Drive H50 w/ YL D12SH-12 Push/Pull Windows 7 Professional x64 HP ZR22W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp Spacesaver (Black) Corsair HX650 Storm Sniper B.E. Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent ATH-AD700 Headphones Audioengine A2 Speakers (Black) Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Mad Catz SSFIV T.E. Fightstick X360 Wired Controller (Black) Mouse Bungee (Black) Logitech USB Desktop Mic (Silver) 
  hide details  
Reply
Full-Baked
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 EVGA GTX 470 MSI GTX 470 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 60GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Elements External 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Generic ASUS Drive H50 w/ YL D12SH-12 Push/Pull Windows 7 Professional x64 HP ZR22W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp Spacesaver (Black) Corsair HX650 Storm Sniper B.E. Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent ATH-AD700 Headphones Audioengine A2 Speakers (Black) Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Mad Catz SSFIV T.E. Fightstick X360 Wired Controller (Black) Mouse Bungee (Black) Logitech USB Desktop Mic (Silver) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7526 of 14566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytan View Post
I'm going to have to apologize for what I'm about to say. I don't believe for one second that a one second delay of voice chat in BC2 has caused you to die 'countless times'. I'd be surprised if I saw it happen even once, to be quite honest. The maps are large, and the movement is rather slow. I just can't buy this.
True stories:
Quote:
Walnuts watch out I threw a gren- never mind...
Quote:
Raptor turn around there's a knif- too late
Quote:
Don't go there there's a snip- well now you know
Quote:
Higgins throw a grenade on the MCOM he's gonna ar- oh well
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
Omicron Lyrae
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X3 720 BE @3.6 Asus M4A785TD-V EVO Sapphire HD5770 V2 OCZ 2x2GB Gold DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Sony Lightscribe DVD-RW Windows 7 Professional 64-bit AOC F22+ 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Cherry Scissor Switch Flat Keyboard OCZ StealthXstream 600W Cooler Master Elite 334 Microsoft Sidewinder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7527 of 14566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytan View Post
I'm going to have to apologize for what I'm about to say. I don't believe for one second that a one second delay of voice chat in BC2 has caused you to die 'countless times'. I'd be surprised if I saw it happen even once, to be quite honest. The maps are large, and the movement is rather slow. I just can't buy this.
Gotta disagree with you there. When my friends and I play, BC2 is too fast-paced for us to use complete sentences. Esp on 8v8+, we HAVE to shorten our voice comms to "sniper, hill" or "e, MCOM A", else it'd take too long to actually say and it'd be too late to react to the message. In short, that one second really does matter.
post #7528 of 14566
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiru View Post
True stories:
No offense to anyone, but can't people see from themselves? Warning about a Sniper in the area or someone arming M-COM is good point, though. Otherwise, grenade indicator, spotting, self-awareness, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r31ncarnat3d View Post
Gotta disagree with you there. When my friends and I play, BC2 is too fast-paced for us to use complete sentences.
I just can't picture this. :/
Full-Baked
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 EVGA GTX 470 MSI GTX 470 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 60GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Elements External 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Generic ASUS Drive H50 w/ YL D12SH-12 Push/Pull Windows 7 Professional x64 HP ZR22W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp Spacesaver (Black) Corsair HX650 Storm Sniper B.E. Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent ATH-AD700 Headphones Audioengine A2 Speakers (Black) Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Mad Catz SSFIV T.E. Fightstick X360 Wired Controller (Black) Mouse Bungee (Black) Logitech USB Desktop Mic (Silver) 
  hide details  
Reply
Full-Baked
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5 2500k ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 EVGA GTX 470 MSI GTX 470 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x4GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline DDR3 1600MHz CL8 Mushkin Enhanced Callisto Deluxe 60GB WD Caviar Black 1TB WD Elements External 1TB 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Generic ASUS Drive H50 w/ YL D12SH-12 Push/Pull Windows 7 Professional x64 HP ZR22W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Unicomp Spacesaver (Black) Corsair HX650 Storm Sniper B.E. Mionix Naos 5000 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Puretrak Talent ATH-AD700 Headphones Audioengine A2 Speakers (Black) Audinst HUD-MX1 DAC 
OtherOtherOtherOther
Mad Catz SSFIV T.E. Fightstick X360 Wired Controller (Black) Mouse Bungee (Black) Logitech USB Desktop Mic (Silver) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7529 of 14566
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maytan View Post
I just can't picture this. :/
I usually play 8v8 or 16v16 games of Team Rush. For both defense and offense, it gets very hectic for me, esp when I get close to the MCOM

And nope, you can't see everything that goes on. Esp with urban maps, someone could just hide then pop out behind you and you can't spot him. And personally, I usually keep my eyes forward while going for an MCOM. That is where defenders tend to crowd.
post #7530 of 14566
Repeating myself if you guys missed my earlier post, I have a Mumble server if you would like to test it out. I've compared it between Ventrillo and it performs better. (Delay-wise)

Just being nice if anyone cares at all.
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Yes
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 965 C3 MSI 790FX-GD70 Radeon HD 5870 Corsair Vengeance 16G 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
250Gx2 WD Caviar Blue Raid 0 Corsair H50 Windows 7 x64 21.5" Sceptre 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky 1087 OCZ 700W ModxStream Lian Li K62 Roccat Kone+ 
Mouse PadAudio
SteelSeries 4HD Klipsch Promedia 2.1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Guide