Originally Posted by ripster
- USB is a modern interface designed for hotplugging, Hotplugging PS/2 is not good for your motherboard unless you like to solder tiny smt fuses.
- Most modern keyboards ship with USB only interfaces. Do most people at OCN use PS/2 mice?
- If you want a Razer/Happy Hacking Keyboard/RealForce and the standard Logitech/Microsofts you better like USB since PS/2 is not an option. Plus the new nifty Microsoft Sidewinder X4 has 11KRO over USB.
- It's 2010 people. How long do you think motherboard manufacturers will keep it up with USB 3.0 starting to take up ports.
1: That's what I meant by more convenient. Thanks for clarifying my statement.
2. All the mother boards I looked at last week had PS/2. I have heard of the demise of it but seen no evidence. I have seen a few that only have one (and the purple/green is halved too) but that is rare still. I think it will take a few years more still.
3. Many of those keyboards support PS/2 to get NKRO don't they?
The X4 had to cheat to get 11KRO and I applaud them for it.
4. Does USB3 wave the 6 key limit? Is so I would be happy to wave goodbye to legacy ports. And I am a guy with a floppy still
And thanks for the history, I had not know that. Keep them tidbits coming.