Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Project] Piano Noire (Micro ATX, low power consumption and high performance system)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Project] Piano Noire (Micro ATX, low power consumption and high performance system) - Page 3

post #21 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereonyourown View Post
Even the 9800GT?
What case are you going to use again?
You can go with the low profile 9800GT. I dont know how long it is though.
I wanted to do the same setup as you with the following:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...i%20mini%20itx
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813500022

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116072

But.... I dont know what graphics card I would put in there since you can pretty much discount 9 inch cards. Maybe a 4750 or a shorter 4770. But I am leaning to the 4670 since it isn't as long. If only though there was a cheaper motherboard that was mini itx and had x16 lanes.
post #22 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weedvender View Post
What case are you going to use again?
You can go with the low profile 9800GT. I dont know how long it is though.
I wanted to do the same setup as you with the following:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...i%20mini%20itx
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813500022

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116072

But.... I dont know what graphics card I would put in there since you can pretty much discount 9 inch cards. Maybe a 4750 or a shorter 4770. But I am leaning to the 4670 since it isn't as long. If only though there was a cheaper motherboard that was mini itx and had x16 lanes.
Hey, I'm going to use http://www.ebuyer.com/product/150277, Thanks, I didn't realise about the length of the graphic card. At the moment, it's seem that your case width's 7.6"/ 8.3" and the 4770's 8.5 inches long so no chance with 4770 sadly, but haven't found any infomation about the 4750 size.

I really do hope that 9800GT will fit into my case, the length of my case's 17.32", less even because of the bays in the case.

I hope I've been useful to you and not useless as I think I am lol
post #23 of 134
Oh wow, I see you deceided on the DFI P45, great choice

I don't know about the size of a HD4670 but maybe that will fit?
Money dump
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 7700k 4.8Ghz @ 1.28v Asrock Z170 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 Nano @ Fury X clocks Crucial Ballistix 16GB 2666mhz CL15 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD, Seagate 3TB, Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung U24E590D UHD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Seasonic Prime 850w Titanium Corsair Carbide Air 540 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
Money dump
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 7700k 4.8Ghz @ 1.28v Asrock Z170 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 Nano @ Fury X clocks Crucial Ballistix 16GB 2666mhz CL15 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD, Seagate 3TB, Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung U24E590D UHD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Seasonic Prime 850w Titanium Corsair Carbide Air 540 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy View Post
Oh wow, I see you deceided on the DFI P45, great choice

I don't know about the size of a HD4670 but maybe that will fit?
Cheer, it's all thanks to you!

Today I'm unsure about the PCI size on the case I wanted, I've emailed the ebuyer support, waiting to hear from them. Do you know what's size for low profile and normal PCI on the case?

Here's the case dimensions are 440mm x 350mm x 105mm.
post #25 of 134
I know when I was doing my a level IT I used cs3 on my dell xps m1330 and thats was struggleing, and thats a small rescreen.

If I see a low profile 9400 about ill let you now,

... i know i have a 8400 low profile about somewhere its a zotac 8400 256mb
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
^3
(11 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 5930K  EVGA x99 Micro EVGA GTX 980 SC ACX 16GB Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black PC4-21300 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
500GB Samsung 840 EVO H105 Win 10 ASUS ROG PG279 
KeyboardPowerCase
Ducky Shine 1 MX-Red Corsair AX 860i  Fractal Design Node 804 Black 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Core i7 @ 2.6  GT650 16GB of 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM 256GB SSD 
OSMonitorKeyboard
Mac OSX Lion Retina Display US layout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewmchugh View Post
I know when I was doing my a level IT I used cs3 on my dell xps m1330 and thats was struggleing, and thats a small rescreen.

If I see a low profile 9400 about ill let you now,

... i know i have a 8400 low profile about somewhere its a zotac 8400 256mb
Cheers for looking out for me!

I've used Fireworks since the old days of MX!!! I have notice that with each version it came out, it felt slow and slower. I wanted a 9400 in case I decide to use Photoshop or the next version of Fireworks have GPU implementation.

How did 8400 do for you when you used it before in term of performance?
post #27 of 134
Thread Starter 
Heard some news from the seller


post #28 of 134
Thread Starter 
It's here!


Edited by hereonyourown - 5/24/09 at 7:43am
post #29 of 134
Nice CPU. I'm not sure if I see this correctly, but is it a Q828A (FPO batch number on box)?

About the memory, I saw you were looking for the G-Skills. OCZ recently released a new series which is really good also, it's called the Blade series (so not the Reapers).
Money dump
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 7700k 4.8Ghz @ 1.28v Asrock Z170 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 Nano @ Fury X clocks Crucial Ballistix 16GB 2666mhz CL15 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD, Seagate 3TB, Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung U24E590D UHD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Seasonic Prime 850w Titanium Corsair Carbide Air 540 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
Money dump
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 7700k 4.8Ghz @ 1.28v Asrock Z170 Extreme4 Sapphire R9 Nano @ Fury X clocks Crucial Ballistix 16GB 2666mhz CL15 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial MX300 525GB SSD, Seagate 3TB, Samsung 1TB Noctua NH-U14S Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Samsung U24E590D UHD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Eclipse II Seasonic Prime 850w Titanium Corsair Carbide Air 540 Steelseries Xai 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 134
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy View Post
Nice CPU. I'm not sure if I see this correctly, but is it a Q828A (FPO batch number on box)?
Yes it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy View Post
About the memory, I saw you were looking for the G-Skills. OCZ recently released a new series which is really good also, it's called the Blade series (so not the Reapers).
Thanks, so compare it, OCZ have tighter timings overall apart from the last one 15. Or is there a 4GB DDR2 with even more tighter timings?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Build Logs
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Builds & Case Mods › Build Logs › [Project] Piano Noire (Micro ATX, low power consumption and high performance system)