Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Foxconn A7DA/A7DA-S Owners' Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Foxconn A7DA/A7DA-S Owners' Club - Page 16

post #151 of 278
ah, didnt notice you had the original. I would imagine it wont work with your board. Try opening a ticket with tech support (they reply pretty promptly the first few times...). ask if 6 core support and the core releaser are on the agenda
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Fx-8350 Crosshair V Formula-Z Asus DirectCu II HD7850 Crucial Ballistix Elite 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Ballistix Elite Crucial M4 256Gb WD Caviar Black 2TB Sony NEC optiarc AD-7170S 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 8.1 Pro x64 LG W2053TQ Superflower Leadex Gold 650W Bitfenix Ronin 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Fx-8350 Crosshair V Formula-Z Asus DirectCu II HD7850 Crucial Ballistix Elite 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Ballistix Elite Crucial M4 256Gb WD Caviar Black 2TB Sony NEC optiarc AD-7170S 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 8.1 Pro x64 LG W2053TQ Superflower Leadex Gold 650W Bitfenix Ronin 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #152 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by thingemajib View Post
ah, didnt notice you had the original. I would imagine it wont work with your board. Try opening a ticket with tech support (they reply pretty promptly the first few times...). ask if 6 core support and the core releaser are on the agenda
hey men, i saw you in another forum (www.bios-mods.com) i really want to unlock my 4th core.. i was wondering if i can use this 3.0 bios to my mobo.. it will damage ? to lazy to send a mail..
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
post #153 of 278
haha, yeah i kinda sent those guys on a wild goose chase in the end with the whole core unlocking thing.

Ive voiced my opinion on the thread you started over there. I have seen people unlocking cores on the original A7da-s, but i dont know what version they used. If we knew that version, then it should be a case of pull the ACc code from the old version and paste it over the new version. however, seeing as both the original and the 3.0 use the same chipset and southbridge (hell, they're pretty much identical), it may be possible to pull the ACC code from the p03 bios for the 3.0 series, and stick it in the p09 for the original series.

Or of coure you could give foxconn tech support a bell. If they cave in, and do an update for the original board, you should have a working core unlocker much more quickly
Edited by thingemajib - 7/15/10 at 8:35am
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Fx-8350 Crosshair V Formula-Z Asus DirectCu II HD7850 Crucial Ballistix Elite 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Ballistix Elite Crucial M4 256Gb WD Caviar Black 2TB Sony NEC optiarc AD-7170S 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 8.1 Pro x64 LG W2053TQ Superflower Leadex Gold 650W Bitfenix Ronin 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Fx-8350 Crosshair V Formula-Z Asus DirectCu II HD7850 Crucial Ballistix Elite 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Ballistix Elite Crucial M4 256Gb WD Caviar Black 2TB Sony NEC optiarc AD-7170S 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 8.1 Pro x64 LG W2053TQ Superflower Leadex Gold 650W Bitfenix Ronin 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by thingemajib View Post
haha, yeah i kinda sent those guys on a wild goose chase in the end with the whole core unlocking thing.

Ive voiced my opinion on the thread you started over there. I have seen people unlocking cores on the original A7da-s, but i dont know what version they used. If we knew that version, then it should be a case of pull the ACc code from the old version and paste it over the new version. however, seeing as both the original and the 3.0 use the same chipset and southbridge (hell, they're pretty much identical), it may be possible to pull the ACC code from the p03 bios for the 3.0 series, and stick it in the p09 for the original series.

Or of coure you could give foxconn tech support a bell. If they cave in, and do an update for the original board, you should have a working core unlocker much more quickly
hello mate, my question also was if i can use the 3.0 bios version in my original mobo..
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
post #155 of 278
ok asked about core unlocking on the ddr2 version of the board and asked for an ETA and they gave me this bios with this response:
"Dear Steve,

Just got the 81BF1P12 from RD, which is still being tested at the lab. So far, its performance is good, maybe sometimes not.
If you would like, you can update it to have a test.
When it pass our final certification, it will be posted on our website. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards."
This is the BIOS

I haven't tested it cause my power supply has died, so let me know if it works!
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720 Foxconn A7DA-S MSI 5770 HAWK Mushkin 2x2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
Seagate 500GB + WD 640GB Windows 7 x64 DAS Professional S Antec Truepower 550 watt 
CaseMouse
Lian-li A05b Razor Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720 Foxconn A7DA-S MSI 5770 HAWK Mushkin 2x2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
Seagate 500GB + WD 640GB Windows 7 x64 DAS Professional S Antec Truepower 550 watt 
CaseMouse
Lian-li A05b Razor Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #156 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnding View Post
ok asked about core unlocking on the ddr2 version of the board and asked for an ETA and they gave me this bios with this response:
"Dear Steve,

Just got the 81BF1P12 from RD, which is still being tested at the lab. So far, its performance is good, maybe sometimes not.
If you would like, you can update it to have a test.
When it pass our final certification, it will be posted on our website. Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards."
This is the BIOS

I haven't tested it cause my power supply has died, so let me know if it works!
wow wow wow, new beta bios ? nice, but the did not tell you anything about core unlocking..
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukss View Post
wow wow wow, new beta bios ? nice, but the did not tell you anything about core unlocking..
well that was the second part of the question first I asked "I was wondering when/if there was going to be a new BIOS released for a7da-s (ddr2 version) that has 6-core support as well as core unlocking.
Thanks
Steve"

and then they gave the response "Dear Steve,

Good Day!

The current BIOS 81BF1P09 edition does not support 6 core processors and core unlocking feature;
The BIOS Engineer is modifying the BIOS now to support 6 core processors, when the BIOS pass our compatible validation on the motherboard, we will release it on our official download website as below:
http://www.foxconnsupport.com/downlo...rds=&sort=BIOS

Best Regards."
I then asked if there was an ETA and they gave me that other response with the beta bios.

EDIT: after reading that I guess they make no mention of making core unlocking work again.
Edited by NeverEnding - 7/15/10 at 2:31pm
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720 Foxconn A7DA-S MSI 5770 HAWK Mushkin 2x2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
Seagate 500GB + WD 640GB Windows 7 x64 DAS Professional S Antec Truepower 550 watt 
CaseMouse
Lian-li A05b Razor Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720 Foxconn A7DA-S MSI 5770 HAWK Mushkin 2x2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
Seagate 500GB + WD 640GB Windows 7 x64 DAS Professional S Antec Truepower 550 watt 
CaseMouse
Lian-li A05b Razor Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #158 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnding View Post
well that was the second part of the question first I asked "I was wondering when/if there was going to be a new BIOS released for a7da-s (ddr2 version) that has 6-core support as well as core unlocking.
Thanks
Steve"

and then they gave the response "Dear Steve,

Good Day!

The current BIOS 81BF1P09 edition does not support 6 core processors and core unlocking feature;
The BIOS Engineer is modifying the BIOS now to support 6 core processors, when the BIOS pass our compatible validation on the motherboard, we will release it on our official download website as below:
http://www.foxconnsupport.com/downlo...rds=&sort=BIOS

Best Regards."
I then asked if there was an ETA and they gave me that other response with the beta bios.

EDIT: after reading that I guess they make no mention of making core unlocking work again.
men, thanks.. i just flashed to the bios you post (P12) and now i see the option "CORE RELEASER" in bios.. and inside it has the same option that ACC that was before.. (acc option is not present in bios now, that´s because the new name "core releaser")

well the case is the when i set it to auto and save, windows not boot..

at firts look i was excited when i saw tha feature .. but then
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yukss View Post
men, thanks.. i just flashed to the bios you post (P12) and now i see the option "CORE RELEASER" in bios.. and inside it has the same option that ACC that was before.. (acc option is not present in bios now, that´s because the new name "core releaser")

well the case is the when i set it to auto and save, windows not boot..

at firts look i was excited when i saw tha feature .. but then
did it unlock with another mobo?
maybe the core is actually unstable and not actually usable, maybe bump the voltage or put the clock down to stock or lower and see if it still doesn't boot.
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720 Foxconn A7DA-S MSI 5770 HAWK Mushkin 2x2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
Seagate 500GB + WD 640GB Windows 7 x64 DAS Professional S Antec Truepower 550 watt 
CaseMouse
Lian-li A05b Razor Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
720 Foxconn A7DA-S MSI 5770 HAWK Mushkin 2x2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOSKeyboardPower
Seagate 500GB + WD 640GB Windows 7 x64 DAS Professional S Antec Truepower 550 watt 
CaseMouse
Lian-li A05b Razor Deathadder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #160 of 278
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverEnding View Post
did it unlock with another mobo?
maybe the core is actually unstable and not actually usable, maybe bump the voltage or put the clock down to stock or lower and see if it still doesn't boot.
ok i´ll do that
why dont you flashed it ? is safe, maybe you actually can unlock your core
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
Yukss´s rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k @4.6ghz HT 1.3 v EVGA X79 FTW gtx 1080 FE with EK waterblock 16gb Corsair Vengance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ vertex 3 240gb  Samsung 1tb Custom Watercooling Loop Windows 10 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung 27" 2ms 1920*1080 G.SKILL km570 mx Corsair HX 850w Thermaltake core p5 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Saitek R.A.T 5 Razer Goliathus speed SoundBlaster x-fi Titaniun 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › Foxconn A7DA/A7DA-S Owners' Club