Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 1129

post #11281 of 38523
Hi. Can you add me too? My portable setup is ath m50 + fiio e7 while at home its an hd 598.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Apocalypse Tank
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Asus M5 A97 MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 500 (7200 rpm) x2 in RAID 0/Seagate 1TB/WD 1TB LG DVD writer Noctua NH D-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2350 Razer Black Widow CM Real Power 1000 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M518 Razor Goliathus Creative T6200 
  hide details  
Reply
Apocalypse Tank
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T Asus M5 A97 MSI GTX 580 Twin Frozr II Corsair Vengence 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD 500 (7200 rpm) x2 in RAID 0/Seagate 1TB/WD 1TB LG DVD writer Noctua NH D-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung P2350 Razer Black Widow CM Real Power 1000 Cooler Master HAF 922 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech M518 Razor Goliathus Creative T6200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11282 of 38523
So I ordered my DT770s from the states, and I thought it'd take at least a week to get up here to Canada through customs and such, but UPS says Wednesday by end of the day biggrin.gif So excited.
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11283 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortunex View Post

So I ordered my DT770s from the states, and I thought it'd take at least a week to get up here to Canada through customs and such, but UPS says Wednesday by end of the day biggrin.gif So excited.

Congrats, I hope you enjoy them. thumb.gif
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
Ada
(24 items)
 
Aegis
(9 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1700 Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 EVGA GTX 980 ti Classified F4-3600C16D-16GTZ @3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Intel 520 120GB SSD Samsung F2 1TB X2 Samsung F4 2TB Hitachi 1TB X2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Seagate 3 TB Pioneer BDR 2207 Noctua NH D14 Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Enermax 140mm T.B. Vegas Duo x2 Win 10 Pro Extreme Edition Catleap 2B  ASUS VH242H  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech mk260 NZXT Hale90 750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Steelseries QcK Denon AH D2000 Harman Kardon AVR 2600 Polk RTi8s, Rti4s and CSi3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel G645 Asrock z77 Extreme 4 Nvidia Branded GTX 460 SLI 8GB Corsair Vengeance Low profile DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Hitachi 1TB Windows 7 Antec HCG 750 Bitfenix Shinobi Window 
Mouse Pad
Diablo 3 Steel Series.  
  hide details  
Reply
post #11284 of 38523
I'm using my DT 770's right now, and I love'em.
post #11285 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebreezybb View Post

DT 990 Pro 250 ohm thumb.gif

The thing is anything under the Fiio E9 won't have enough voltage to power them properly. the PA2V2 is a waste of money factoring in the headphones you are running.
post #11286 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinesekiwi View Post

The thing is anything under the Fiio E9 won't have enough voltage to power them properly. the PA2V2 is a waste of money factoring in the headphones you are running.

Is it worth buying the FiiO E9 refurbished? i found it for $75
Mecha- UX138D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Asus crosshair formula V ASUS DirectCU II 7950 Mushkin Redline 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 64-bit LG 22" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate black widow (BF3) Corsair AX850 Haf-X Razer Deathadder  
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Mecha- UX138D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Asus crosshair formula V ASUS DirectCU II 7950 Mushkin Redline 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 64-bit LG 22" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate black widow (BF3) Corsair AX850 Haf-X Razer Deathadder  
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11287 of 38523
Hold on a sec first. Are the headphones sufficiently loud for you with the X-Fi Titanium HD? If not, about how much louder would you think it should be? Rather than just making a one-size-fits-all recommendation, it's better to know the target. Regardless, I'll make a couple guesses below.

A lot of people say something like being able to reach 110 dB SPL is a good target. To reach that, they apparently need something around in the range of a 3V output, since the sensitivity is somewhere around 100 dB SPL / 1V rms input, at least by doctorhead.ru data. However, my feeling is that somebody who gets a treble/bass tilted headphone is not listening primarily to well-recorded classical or jazz with a lot of dynamic range and thus a soft average volume. Hence 110 dB SPL may be excessive as a target.

If you don't need extra volume, most sound card outputs should be okay for driving high-impedance headphones directly.

If you do, refurb E9 might be okay, if you want to go that route. Some kind of dual-battery CMoy-type amp with 3x or higher gain should be okay too, though not as good.
post #11288 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeaj View Post

Hold on a sec first. Are the headphones sufficiently loud for you with the X-Fi Titanium HD? If not, about how much louder would you think it should be? Rather than just making a one-size-fits-all recommendation, it's better to know the target. Regardless, I'll make a couple guesses below.
A lot of people say something like being able to reach 110 dB SPL is a good target. To reach that, they apparently need something around in the range of a 3V output, since the sensitivity is somewhere around 100 dB SPL / 1V rms input, at least by doctorhead.ru data. However, my feeling is that somebody who gets a treble/bass tilted headphone is not listening primarily to well-recorded classical or jazz with a lot of dynamic range and thus a soft average volume. Hence 110 dB SPL may be excessive as a target.
If you don't need extra volume, most sound card outputs should be okay for driving high-impedance headphones directly.
If you do, refurb E9 might be okay, if you want to go that route. Some kind of dual-battery CMoy-type amp with 3x or higher gain should be okay too, though not as good.

Thank you for your detailed input.

i still haven't recived the Hedaphones yet, hopefully by the weekend i will. One thing is i never crank the volume any higher than 50% loudness is not my target at all just a good dynamic sound and a better sound stage.

After i get them and actually use them for a while, if i'm not satisfied i'll be looking for an AMP. Until then i think i'll be just fine with the Titanium HD.
Mecha- UX138D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Asus crosshair formula V ASUS DirectCU II 7950 Mushkin Redline 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 64-bit LG 22" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate black widow (BF3) Corsair AX850 Haf-X Razer Deathadder  
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Mecha- UX138D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Asus crosshair formula V ASUS DirectCU II 7950 Mushkin Redline 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 64-bit LG 22" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate black widow (BF3) Corsair AX850 Haf-X Razer Deathadder  
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11289 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebreezybb View Post

Thank you for your detailed input.
i still haven't recived the Hedaphones yet, hopefully by the weekend i will. One thing is i never crank the volume any higher than 50% loudness is not my target at all just a good dynamic sound and a better sound stage.
After i get them and actually use them for a while, if i'm not satisfied i'll be looking for an AMP. Until then i think i'll be just fine with the Titanium HD.

quality amps do more than make cans louder, they lower distortion and can make the sound cleaner or 'fuller'.
The Nvidorator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.0 ASUS P7P55D-E ASUS GTX570 8GB Corsiar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
1 TB western Digital black SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive Win 7 64bit Ultimate Corsiar 750W 
Case
Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
Reply
The Nvidorator
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 760 @ 4.0 ASUS P7P55D-E ASUS GTX570 8GB Corsiar 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSPower
1 TB western Digital black SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Drive Win 7 64bit Ultimate Corsiar 750W 
Case
Storm Sniper Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #11290 of 38523
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdrdrdrd View Post

quality amps do more than make cans louder, they lower distortion and can make the sound cleaner or 'fuller'.

I understand at least that much. My only problem is, what defines a good or powerful enough AMP for certain headphones? I'm not and Audiophile, but, i love music, almost each and every kind there is. So, cleaner sound or fuller as you say is a top priority. Budget is going to hold me down on getting something good for a while. thumb.gif
Mecha- UX138D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Asus crosshair formula V ASUS DirectCU II 7950 Mushkin Redline 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 64-bit LG 22" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate black widow (BF3) Corsair AX850 Haf-X Razer Deathadder  
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
Mecha- UX138D
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Asus crosshair formula V ASUS DirectCU II 7950 Mushkin Redline 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 64-bit LG 22" IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Ultimate black widow (BF3) Corsair AX850 Haf-X Razer Deathadder  
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Goliathus X-FI Titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club