Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 216

post #2151 of 38541
Idk, I don't really think the RS1's are better than the HD580's. They're different, but equally good in their own way.
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2152 of 38541
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
Idk, I don't really think the RS1's are better than the HD580's. They're different, but equally good in their own way.
Surprisingly enough, considering the relative pricing and all ... they are indeed in the same league.

But from a purely subjective view, the Senns lack the 'sensuality' of the RS1's and they lack the RS1's warmth/lushness. Again, just my own peculiar ears, mind you. It's the sense that the music is 'organic' and happening right in front of me (very easy to visualize the room/players) that pushes the RS1's into another category all together. And the detail, though present in the 580's, is simply not as uncanny and immediate as in the RS1's.

On the other hand ... I do agree that the 580's (in turn) have their own set of attributes which are not so present in the RS1's ... but for this listener, the prevalent qualities of the RS1's are more important and desireable than are the more unique qualities of the 580's.

It's amazing having both. The time I waste A/B listening is just stupid. So addictive!

...

BTW Soloz, have you heard the HD650's much? How do they stack up/differ from the HD580's? Are they worth the price difference 160 bucks vs. 450+ bucks?

A friend of mine just got some HD650's and he's curious too ...

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2153 of 38541
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rrah View Post
Surprisingly enough, considering the relative pricing and all ... they are indeed in the same league.

But from a purely subjective view, the Senns lack the 'sensuality' of the RS1's and they lack the RS1's warmth/lushness. Again, just my own peculiar ears, mind you. It's the sense that the music is 'organic' and happening right in front of me (very easy to visualize the room/players) that pushes the RS1's into another category all together. And the detail, though present in the 580's, is simply not as uncanny and immediate as in the RS1's.

On the other hand ... I do agree that the 580's (in turn) have their own set of attributes which are not so present in the RS1's ... but for this listener, the prevalent qualities of the RS1's are more important and desireable than are the more unique qualities of the 580's.

It's amazing having both. The time I waste A/B listening is just stupid. So addictive!

...

BTW Soloz, have you heard the HD650's much? How do they stack up/differ from the HD580's? Are they worth the price difference 160 bucks vs. 450+ bucks?

A friend of mine just got some HD650's and he's curious too ...

Get some HD600 grills on your HD580's and they'll open up quite a bit, I think the differences will become smaller.

The HD650's are an entirely different beast from the HD600 (HD580 and HD600 use the same drivers, and once the HD580's have HD600 grills you effectively have cheap HD600's)
The HD650's are darker and are probably a bit more in line with how people would describe the Senn house sound. Slightly better bass and probably more extended highs, but it really comes down to personal preference. Many prefer HD650's, many prefer HD600's. I'm firmly in the HD600 camp.
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2154 of 38541
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
Get some HD600 grills on your HD580's and they'll open up quite a bit, I think the differences will become smaller.
I've got the grills coming already ...

Another thing, ... you think I should take folks advice and get a 650 replacement cable or wait and make or buy a much higher quality custom cable?

Will the 650 cable impact sound much?

I'm seriously considering making my own cable so I might just wait until I can round up the parts for that instead of just buying the relatively cheap 650 replacement cable ....
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2155 of 38541
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rrah View Post
I've got the grills coming already ...

Another thing, ... you think I should take folks advice and get a 650 replacement cable or wait and make or buy a much higher quality custom cable?

Will the 650 cable impact sound much?

I'm seriously considering making my own cable so I might just wait until I can round up the parts for that instead of just buying the relatively cheap 650 replacement cable ....
Yes, go ahead and buy a HD650 cable. They're $17 shipped from SennUSA.

If you want to build your own cable you'll want to have the stock HD650 cable anyway as the only readily available connectors just came out and really are not easily attainable just yet. Plus they cost $32 a pair. The only other connectors I've found are hand crafted out of walnut and silver and run about $75 a pair.

Most DIY'ers have been using the plugs off stock Hd650 cables. I was doing that myself, but will be using Cardas connectors now and silver cables for my more boutique builds.
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2156 of 38541
So my SR60's are in the mail still, and i have a question.

The earpads. I plan to replace them with new ones, but what i was wondering was.. Does anyone make replacement pads aside from Grado? Or are there any other third party pads that will fit the SR60's without degrading sound or alter my listening experience?

So far i've found these, are they reasonably priced?
post #2157 of 38541
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigseryc View Post
So my SR60's are in the mail still, and i have a question.

The earpads. I plan to replace them with new ones, but what i was wondering was.. Does anyone make replacement pads aside from Grado? Or are there any other third party pads that will fit the SR60's without degrading sound or alter my listening experience?
These are what you are looking for.

You'll have to do a bit of cutting to get them the way you want, but it's worth it in the end. The normal cushions that come with the SR60's are not very good at all from what I've heard.

Also, I am 100% certain that the woody will happen; my grandfather responded and is pretty excited about helping me it seems.

Jacob - pm me back about the trade if you're still interested, because I have to check with my grandfather about making any extras .

Take care all.
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2158 of 38541
Interesting, I wonder how my DT880's compare to the HD580's and RS-1s? I've heard they are unique in their own ways from what I've seen, but I don't really know.
X99 Glory Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930K @ 4.4GHz Asus Rampage V Extreme MSI Lightning 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar NAS 4TB Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2407WFP Rev. A02 Ducky Legend Black w/ White Backlit Vortex Caps EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Primo White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Func. Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Glory Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930K @ 4.4GHz Asus Rampage V Extreme MSI Lightning 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar NAS 4TB Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2407WFP Rev. A02 Ducky Legend Black w/ White Backlit Vortex Caps EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Primo White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Func. Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2159 of 38541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckydude View Post
Interesting, I wonder how my DT880's compare to the HD580's and RS-1s? I've heard they are unique in their own ways from what I've seen, but I don't really know.
Yeah, it's tough to make the comparisons unless you really have the opportunity to demo.

Just for clarification, I technically did not say that the RS1's were superior to the HD580's, but I can see now that I was suggesting it. That was not prudent, and I apologize. Grado, Sennheiser, and Beyer Dynamic are very different from one another in sound signature and should be looked at objectively when comparing.
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2160 of 38541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
Yeah, it's tough to make the comparisons unless you really have the opportunity to demo.

Just for clarification, I technically did not say that the RS1's were superior to the HD580's, but I can see now that I was suggesting it. That was not prudent, and I apologize. Grado, Sennheiser, and Beyer Dynamic are very different from one another in sound signature and should be looked at objectively when comparing.
Yeah, I wish I could have a chance to hear each one, I like the Beyer sound sig just because it's neutral and very accurate. I wish there were some head-fi meets around here...
X99 Glory Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930K @ 4.4GHz Asus Rampage V Extreme MSI Lightning 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar NAS 4TB Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2407WFP Rev. A02 Ducky Legend Black w/ White Backlit Vortex Caps EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Primo White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Func. Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
X99 Glory Rig
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5930K @ 4.4GHz Asus Rampage V Extreme MSI Lightning 290X Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Deskstar NAS 4TB Pioneer BDR-2209 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer Noctua NH-D14 SE2011 Windows 8.1 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell 2407WFP Rev. A02 Ducky Legend Black w/ White Backlit Vortex Caps EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 P2 1000W Phanteks Enthoo Primo White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 Proteus Core Func. Surface 1030 Asus Xonar Essence STX 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club