Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 233

post #2321 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
It's up there certainly. Another good candidate would be the iBasso D1 or D2, but they run around $200 last I checked (and that might be a used price as well).

The only issue with the E-MU is that you may have trouble finding it on sale, apparently retailers have stopped gouging the price of it. Then again, you're still in the process of considering DAC's, so you have time .
I've seen one or two on [H] and HeadFi for around $150 last time I checked, but I could be mistaken. Although used, that's roughly $50 less than most retailers.

Sound about right?
Legendary
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 ASUS P5B Deluxe XFX 8600GT 2 x 2GB G.Skill PQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 250GB Windows 7 x64 Samsung 225BW Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PC P&C Quad 750W Silencer Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Logitech MX518 Func 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
Legendary
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 ASUS P5B Deluxe XFX 8600GT 2 x 2GB G.Skill PQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 250GB Windows 7 x64 Samsung 225BW Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PC P&C Quad 750W Silencer Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Logitech MX518 Func 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2322 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I've seen one or two on [H] and HeadFi for around $150 last time I checked, but I could be mistaken. Although used, that's roughly $50 less than most retailers.

Sound about right?
Yep, that sounds realistic. If you're willing, might want to consider grabbing one of them used sooner rather than later.

The DAC portion can be described as "cold". It is very transparent and allows for critical/analytical listening. If you're looking for detail, the E-MU would be your ticket.
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2323 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
Yep, that sounds realistic. If you're willing, might want to consider grabbing one of them used sooner rather than later.

The DAC portion can be described as "cold". It is very transparent and allows for critical/analytical listening. If you're looking for detail, the E-MU would be your ticket.
im trying to sell some of my stuff so i can invest in a set of new cans :[
hope someone wil buy my ipod/xbox controller/voice recorder

i want some DT's SO BAD. :[ have you been able to find instructions
on how Darth beyer them aura? cause, they're freaking expensive and
i think i know a guy who can do a good job cuttin wood :O
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2324 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
im trying to sell some of my stuff so i can invest in a set of new cans :[
hope someone wil buy my ipod/xbox controller/voice recorder

i want some DT's SO BAD. :[ have you been able to find instructions
on how Darth beyer them aura? cause, they're freaking expensive and
i think i know a guy who can do a good job cuttin wood :O
I'm slowly gaining some insight. The thing I must continue to remind myself is to differentiate from Headphile. Larry does amazing work and no doubt is at the forefront of this niche market, and I would feel ashamed to simply copy his design without trying to innovate and keep mine unique.

2 very important events coming up:

1) Going to the meet. Skylab owns 3-4 Darths that I will be able to test myself.

2) Buying a pair of stock Beyers. This would be my test dummy (possibly crash dummy if I get in over my head ). I'd rather botch my own pair instead of someone else's.

Take care 'lipid.
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2325 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
I'm slowly gaining some insight. The thing I must continue to remind myself is to differentiate from Headphile. Larry does amazing work and no doubt is at the forefront of this niche market, and I would feel ashamed to simply copy his design without trying to innovate and keep mine unique.

2 very important events coming up:

1) Going to the meet. Skylab owns 3-4 Darths that I will be able to test myself.

2) Buying a pair of stock Beyers. This would be my test dummy (possibly crash dummy if I get in over my head ). I'd rather botch my own pair instead of someone else's.

Take care 'lipid.
I heard larry has to cut the cans sides off to fix the wood on, sigh, i just can't spend 300$ on wooding them, i'd go for a nice amp first like a DV or something. +rep for you
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2326 of 38113
What headphones are good for gaming and watching movies and are ubder 200USD?? I curently have Philips SHP895.
Bobmadir
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 X2 6000+, @ 3150 MHz ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe 2 x 8600 Gt 2x (2GB 800 Mhz) Transcend JM800QLU-2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 7200.10 Seagate 320GB LITE-ON SHW-160P6S Vista Ultimate x86 (RUS) 22'' Samsung 2232BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some cyrillic keyboard 650W Silverstone Olympia650 iCUTE Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
Bobmadir
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon 64 X2 6000+, @ 3150 MHz ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe 2 x 8600 Gt 2x (2GB 800 Mhz) Transcend JM800QLU-2G 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 7200.10 Seagate 320GB LITE-ON SHW-160P6S Vista Ultimate x86 (RUS) 22'' Samsung 2232BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Some cyrillic keyboard 650W Silverstone Olympia650 iCUTE Creative Fatal1ty 2020 Laser 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad QCK+ 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2327 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
I heard larry has to cut the cans sides off to fix the wood on, sigh, i just can't spend 300$ on wooding them, i'd go for a nice amp first like a DV or something. +rep for you
Mine are first. Get in line >.>
post #2328 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrac View Post
Mine are first. Get in line >.>
Pfffttt, to the death i'll fight! but i did find a DIY for darth beyers!
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/my-...k-hehe-207185/
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2329 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
Yep, that sounds realistic. If you're willing, might want to consider grabbing one of them used sooner rather than later.

The DAC portion can be described as "cold". It is very transparent and allows for critical/analytical listening. If you're looking for detail, the E-MU would be your ticket.
I can't seem to find anyone selling any E-MUs as of right now. I'd like to get one sooner than later.

Do you know of a legitimate place to find one cheap?

This just popped up in a search. What do you think?
http://store.sunwilltech.com/69598.html
Legendary
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 ASUS P5B Deluxe XFX 8600GT 2 x 2GB G.Skill PQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 250GB Windows 7 x64 Samsung 225BW Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PC P&C Quad 750W Silencer Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Logitech MX518 Func 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
Legendary
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6750 ASUS P5B Deluxe XFX 8600GT 2 x 2GB G.Skill PQ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Seagate 250GB Windows 7 x64 Samsung 225BW Saitek Eclipse 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
PC P&C Quad 750W Silencer Thermaltake Tsunami Dream Logitech MX518 Func 1030 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2330 of 38113
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
I can't seem to find anyone selling any E-MUs as of right now. I'd like to get one sooner than later.

Do you know of a legitimate place to find one cheap?

This just popped up in a search. What do you think?
http://store.sunwilltech.com/69598.html
If that site/deal is legit ... then I'd say jump on it immediately.

I'm almost tempted myself ...

(I very nearly pulled the trig on that particular deal but backed off at the last moment)

I've had a USB 0404 before and loved it ... but for the time being I'm operating under some fairly strict budgetary rules and so didn't go ahead with the purchase.

For 120 US, though ... I can't believe you'll find a better deal on the 0404.

???
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club