Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 2715

post #27141 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Indeed - just came to share that video
Cool beans, let me know if you have questions or if you get the GR07s and like/dislike them

For IEM's i usually listened @ +10 bass / -3 treb with SE215's. Comparing to when i use DT770's are are +0 up to 6 bass and +3-4 treble on my Fiio X3. I just like the punch tongue.gif, tho guitar rifts sounded better on SE215's . If/When i get GR07's i'll definatelly will post at least some of the impressions here.
It seems it's going be an expensive end of the year again Nexus 6 coming out, IEM replacement (too much "rolling" of my cables is why my SE215's are dying), hopefully nobody posts "sweet" pc deal(-s) on our local forums as i already jumped 3970x+mobo+ram for 560euros last summer.
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27142 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

For IEM's i usually listened @ +10 bass / -3 treb with SE215's. Comparing to when i use DT770's are are +0 up to 6 bass and +3-4 treble on my Fiio X3. I just like the punch tongue.gif, tho guitar rifts sounded better on SE215's . If/When i get GR07's i'll definatelly will post at least some of the impressions here.
It seems it's going be an expensive end of the year again Nexus 6 coming out, IEM replacement (too much "rolling" of my cables is why my SE215's are dying), hopefully nobody posts "sweet" pc deal(-s) on our local forums as i already jumped 3970x+mobo+ram for 560euros last summer.

Hmmm punch and GR07s don't go in the same sentence lol.
I recommended those earphones, simply based on the Shure's sound signature ( low bass, more treble focused)

As for the Nexus 6- NEIN - get the Oppo Find 7 biggrin.gif
Now...I think you need new recommendations - what music do you mainly listen to?
post #27143 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

Hmmm punch and GR07s don't go in the same sentence lol.
I recommended those earphones, simply based on the Shure's sound signature ( low bass, more treble focused)

As for the Nexus 6- NEIN - get the Oppo Find 7 biggrin.gif
Now...I think you need new recommendations - what music do you mainly listen to?

Everything except metal (pop/hiphop/synthpop/rock/punk rock/80-90's music) but main concern is good bass punch. Just any IEM's closely with related signature to DT770/990's/Ultrasone pro's/even beats signatures is what i'm kind of looking for.Last time i went with S215's just because i didn't get much recommendations when i asked, they weren't bad but left me with wanting more.

Just random stuff i listen to taken from my ytube history don't judge lol. It'd be hard to post all my music tastes in limited text quantity. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Edited by jellybeans69 - 10/17/14 at 5:06am
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27144 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

Everything except metal (pop/hiphop/synthpop/rock/punk rock/80-90's music) but main concern is good bass punch. Just any IEM's closely with related signature to DT770/990's/Ultrasone pro's/even beats signatures is what i'm kind of looking for.Last time i went with S215's just because i didn't get much recommendations when i asked, they weren't bad but left me with wanting more.

Just random stuff i listen to taken from my ytube history don't judge lol. It'd be hard to post all my music tastes in limited text quantity. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
wait...so why did you ever get the shures? Lol. Yeah don't get the gr07 or tbas either then, you'll be disappointed with the bass slam.
Hmmm I'm thinking Sony ex600 then
post #27145 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

wait...so why did you ever get the shures? Lol. Yeah don't get the gr07 or tbas either then, you'll be disappointed with the bass slam.
Hmmm I'm thinking Sony ex600 then

Yeah i got the Shures 215 (last year i think) just because i needed something small as i didn't want to wear DT770's in 30* heat during the summer, and now they're breaking due to me "rolling" it's cable too much and i needed a suggestion for new ones that better suit my taste. MDR EX600 still will have to be imported from ebay or something but i guess this time it shouldn't be an issue, thanks for all the help tongue.gif
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27146 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

Yeah i got the Shures 215 (last year i think) just because i needed something small as i didn't want to wear DT770's in 30* heat during the summer, and now they're breaking due to me "rolling" it's cable too much and i needed a suggestion for new ones that better suit my taste. MDR EX600 still will have to be imported from ebay or something but i guess this time it shouldn't be an issue, thanks for all the help tongue.gif

damn it!
Hmm let me do some thinking, might get some suggestions.
Cheaper priced, but still very good are the Fischer audio consonance, that I personally love as a second pair.
My friend also recommended the steelseires FLUX - which just yesterday I received for review. So if you're not desperate, and could wait, I can get back to you and let you know if they're worth it or not smile.gif
post #27147 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

damn it!
Hmm let me do some thinking, might get some suggestions.
Cheaper priced, but still very good are the Fischer audio consonance, that I personally love as a second pair.
My friend also recommended the steelseires FLUX - which just yesterday I received for review. So if you're not desperate, and could wait, I can get back to you and let you know if they're worth it or not smile.gif
I'm not rushing anywere, it's getting colder and i've been using my DT770's now when going to/from work as i hate wearing hats and they protect my ears from cold. biggrin.gif Steelseries flux is available locally so i have no issue waiting for your thoughts on it.
To see if it's available at my local retailers you can check through here - http://www.salidzini.lv/ type in model and click yellow button "Meklēt" - means search. And it searches all of my local e-shops for that. But i doubt any bit less popular ones will be available as i live in rather small country and choice for audio goods ain't that big. Even the DT770's were available in only one or two shops iirc when i bought them like 3 years ago.
Edited by jellybeans69 - 10/17/14 at 6:31am
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming RigX
(21 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3970x Asus P9X79 HIS 7970 Kingston Predator 2x8gb DDR3 2133 mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Seagate Constelation 1TB Intel 330 WD 3TB  Seagate Baracuda 2TB Sata III 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Windows 7 Ultimate Philips 24' EEL IPS 1080P  CM Quickfire Storm Red Switches 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
OCZ 850w ZX None Logitech G400s QCK Mass 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Beyerdynamics DT 770 Pro 80ohm headphones  Fiio E10 headphone amp/dac  Magnat Supreme 2000 - x2 Marantz PM7200 amp 
Audio
Shure SE215 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27148 of 38138
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybeans69 View Post

I'm not rushing anywere, it's getting colder and i've been using my DT770's now when going to/from work as i hate wearing hats and they protect my ears from cold. biggrin.gif Steelseries flux is available locally so i have no issue waiting for your thoughts on it.
To see if it's available at my local retailers you can check through here - http://www.salidzini.lv/ type in model and click yellow button "Meklēt" - means search. And it searches all of my local e-shops for that. But i doubt any bit less popular ones will be available as i live in rather small country and choice for audio goods ain't that big. Even the DT770's were available in only one or two shops iirc when i bought them like 3 years ago.

cool beans
post #27149 of 38138
I don't believe I posted my latest project here in this thread, so here it is.

I've been tinkering with my 5th gen iPod. Had it turned to an iMod by Red Wine Audio, which bypasses much of the logic board and solders a wire directly from the DAC to the line out dock. From there I run the signal into a Leckerton UHA 6S.MKII amp. My LOD is a solid Mundorf silver. Neither the amp or ipod have DC blocking capacitors so it gives it a very neutral sound.



For my IEMs I'm using Westone W40 IEMs. Quad armature IEMs. Soon I will have these reshelled by InEarZ into custom IEMs biggrin.gif





I was using a 128gb SD card as the hard drive, but decided to upgrade a bit. So I put in a 1TB msata drive, Samsung EVO. tongue.gif



Now to start adding tons more FLAC files.



ury9asag.jpg



apy6ehep.jpg



jy3emamy.jpg



7evygegu.jpg




The Nice thing about this setup is that if I want to slim it down, I can take the amp off. The headphone output works just fine, but with the mod, the sound quality is better out of the line out. So I could run it as a plain and simple 1TB iPod. But as a geek, that's less fun lol.


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
post #27150 of 38138
Today I caved and upgraded my trusty Pioneer HDJ1500. Microsoft Store in Westfield carries the V-Moda M100 and temptation to upgrade prevailed. Today begins the 30 day burn in and trial for heavy use during commute and work (Partly why I caved in. The in person return policy).

Streaming a mix of Spotify free and Local 800kbps FLAC thumb.gif
So far really enjoying it.
Pixelpusher
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6600K (LGA 1151) 3.5Ghz  GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 ITX  ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Kingston HyperX 8.0GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M500 250GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 7200RPM Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15  Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Dell P2815Q (3840x2160) Razer Blackwiddow Tournament Edition Stealth or... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Essentials (ES-500) 500W Phanteks Evolv ITX Razer Deathadder 3.5G  Steelseries 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Objective 2 Headphone Amplifier VMODA Crossfade M-100 + BoomPro Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G13  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2415 Apple Logic Board Intel HD3000 Corsair 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120GB Hard Drive Caddy + 320GB Toshiba 5200RPM HDD OSX Mountain Lion + Windows 7 Professional 64-b... 13" (1280x800) Glossy TN 
  hide details  
Reply
Pixelpusher
(20 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-6600K (LGA 1151) 3.5Ghz  GIGABYTE GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 ITX  ASUS STRIX GTX 970 4GB Kingston HyperX 8.0GB DDR4-2400 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M500 250GB SSD Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB 7200RPM Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD Samsung 850 EVO 256GB SSD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Noctua NH-D15  Windows 10 Professional 64-bit Dell P2815Q (3840x2160) Razer Blackwiddow Tournament Edition Stealth or... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Essentials (ES-500) 500W Phanteks Evolv ITX Razer Deathadder 3.5G  Steelseries 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Objective 2 Headphone Amplifier VMODA Crossfade M-100 + BoomPro Sennheiser HD600 Logitech G13  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-2415 Apple Logic Board Intel HD3000 Corsair 8GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 840 120GB Hard Drive Caddy + 320GB Toshiba 5200RPM HDD OSX Mountain Lion + Windows 7 Professional 64-b... 13" (1280x800) Glossy TN 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club