Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 375

post #3741 of 38789
As of thursday, my "household" will feature a CIAudio VHP-2 / VAC-1 Amp/Power supply combo:

...



...

My roommate closed a deal on Head-fi for this setup last night.

Can't wait to demo it.

(whee.)

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3742 of 38789
Well, my grado 325i arrived today...innitial impressions compared to my DR150 are more bass, less soundstage and much less comfort. However, I am running it out of my speaker amps headphone out as I didn't realise they didn't have the normal 3.5mm connection, so have ordered a converter. Hopefully it will make them sound better coming out my DAC amp, we shall see.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card 3GB Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 1TB Hard Drive Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB SSD Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Professional  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster BX2431 1080p PCBank PB2700 1440p IPS Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W PSU  Xigmatek Giggas 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card 3GB Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 1TB Hard Drive Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB SSD Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Professional  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster BX2431 1080p PCBank PB2700 1440p IPS Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W PSU  Xigmatek Giggas 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3743 of 38789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko-Time View Post
Well, my grado 325i arrived today...innitial impressions compared to my DR150 are more bass, less soundstage and much less comfort. However, I am running it out of my speaker amps headphone out as I didn't realise they didn't have the normal 3.5mm connection, so have ordered a converter. Hopefully it will make them sound better coming out my DAC amp, we shall see.
Niko, I'd love to here your impressions on the 325i's, because we have almost the exact same taste in music, so If you say they're good with GS!YBE, I'll believe you.
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3744 of 38789
Quote:
Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
Niko, I'd love to here your impressions on the 325i's, because we have almost the exact same taste in music, so If you say they're good with GS!YBE, I'll believe you.
But you also like warm and smooth - which the 325i's are very, very much not. They're the "Gradoest" of Grados, and a lot of people don't like how bright and treble-focused they are, even people that love the rest of the grado line.
post #3745 of 38789
I shall hook them up to Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven now, shall edit this post with how they are.

EDIT: Hmm, they are, in my opinion, too in your face for godspeed. They sound quite harsh which doesn't really suit it well, plus I can barely listen to an entire post-rock track due to the comfort levels. I have to say I prefer my DR150 to these 325is, much warmer, laid back cans with better soundstage which still sound good for the climax.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card 3GB Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 1TB Hard Drive Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB SSD Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Professional  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster BX2431 1080p PCBank PB2700 1440p IPS Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W PSU  Xigmatek Giggas 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card 3GB Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 1TB Hard Drive Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB SSD Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Professional  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster BX2431 1080p PCBank PB2700 1440p IPS Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W PSU  Xigmatek Giggas 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3746 of 38789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrac View Post
But you also like warm and smooth - which the 325i's are very, very much not. They're the "Gradoest" of Grados, and a lot of people don't like how bright and treble-focused they are, even people that love the rest of the grado line.
Exactly! I was actually waiting for him to say that he didn;t like them, seeing as grados are so face meltingly forward, if he disliked them, I wasn't gonna bother with them. As you can see from his initial impressions on GS!YBE's cd Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven , our taste and grado's don't mix :]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niko-Time View Post
I shall hook them up to Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven now, shall edit this post with how they are.

EDIT: Hmm, they are, in my opinion, too in your face for godspeed. They sound quite harsh which doesn't really suit it well, plus I can barely listen to an entire post-rock track due to the comfort levels. I have to say I prefer my DR150 to these 325is, much warmer, laid back cans with better soundstage which still sound good for the climax.
That's exactly what I wanted to know. how much did you pay for the 325i's and do you live in the US?
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3747 of 38789
Notts = UK. >.>
post #3748 of 38789
Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrac View Post
Notts = UK. >.>
:facepalm: i need more sleep
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3749 of 38789
Got my big box of parts from Mouser today, so I'm ready to go with the amp. I'm tentatively considering a black plastic CD "tub" (for lack of a better word) that I found lying around as a simple solution for casing until I can find something more desirable. I've been watching the flea market for cigar boxes but have not seen one to my liking yet.
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3750 of 38789
Quote:
Originally Posted by phospholipid View Post
Exactly! I was actually waiting for him to say that he didn;t like them, seeing as grados are so face meltingly forward, if he disliked them, I wasn't gonna bother with them. As you can see from his initial impressions on GS!YBE's cd Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to Heaven , our taste and grado's don't mix :]



That's exactly what I wanted to know. how much did you pay for the 325i's and do you live in the US?
$260 sir.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card 3GB Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 1TB Hard Drive Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB SSD Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Professional  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster BX2431 1080p PCBank PB2700 1440p IPS Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W PSU  Xigmatek Giggas 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX8320 Asus M5A78L-M/USB3 XFX AMD Radeon HD 7950 Graphics Card 3GB Corsair CMX8GX3M2A1333C9 XMS3 16GB (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung F3 1TB Hard Drive Crucial CT128M4SSD2 128GB SSD Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO Windows 7 Professional  
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Samsung SyncMaster BX2431 1080p PCBank PB2700 1440p IPS Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 550W PSU  Xigmatek Giggas 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club