Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 570

post #5691 of 38146
Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
More like MDR-R10 copycat, look at the angling of the drivers. Of course, that is not necessarily bad. If two high profile companies both release extremely high end headphones that are similar in terms of earcup angling... you may just infer that they are doing something very, very right. Also, don't forget about the price of the HE90.

Finally, once smaller vendors start selling these, my guess is that the price will be way down. After all, the HD650 has an MSRP of $600, but it is quite easy to find it new for $315 or so, a 47.5% reduction from MSRP. If similar cuts are instituted on the HD800, we could potentially see it for $735 or so.

Initially, I doubt the cuts will be that drastic, but give it time and they probably will.
I was speaking in terms of aesthetics when referring to the SA5000, nothing more. Yeah, the angled drivers are very nice to see, I had always hoped we would see more implementation from manufacturers on this particular style.

$735 is still a lot of money for an in-production headphone, especially one that I suspect will be in heavy availability judging by the past releases of the HD600 and HD650. In time, we very well could see a price drop of that magnitude. But looking at the other headphones that can be had for $1,400 (or close to it), let's just say that this headphone has a lot of pressure to perform imo.
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
In The Works
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D e6600 (3.3ghz) Asus P5Q (P45) eVGA 8800GTS 320mb (670/1000) 2x1GB G.Skill HK (900mhz @ 5-5-5-15) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 640GB (OS) / WD AAKS 500GB + WD JS 250GB Sony DVD-RW Vista Ultimate 32bit Dell E207WFP (1680 x 1050) 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Basic Dell ;> Corsair HX520w Modular Modded CM Centurion 590 Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
XPS pad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5692 of 38146
For years now i have my trusty Philips SBC HP090 headphones, great sound out of it for gaming with, music requires only a little tweaking of the equalizer, but then it's crystal clear sound, and i've not come any better sounding ones for under 100 bucks than these.. If someone thinks otherwise, please refer me to the supposedly better one and i'll get it to compare ^_^

By the way, if i qualify, add me to the list! Otherwise i demand explanation
post #5693 of 38146
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZ View Post
For years now i have my trusty Philips SBC HP090 headphones, great sound out of it for gaming with, music requires only a little tweaking of the equalizer, but then it's crystal clear sound, and i've not come any better sounding ones for under 100 bucks than these.. If someone thinks otherwise, please refer me to the supposedly better one and i'll get it to compare ^_^

By the way, if i qualify, add me to the list! Otherwise i demand explanation
welcome and what kind o music you listen to?
grandma's rig.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3470  MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) msi 980ti 6GD5T OC armor x2 gskill trident 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500gb aaks +aavs lg super multi BD drive  stock  win 7 pro 64 bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
asus vw228 Levetron Clicker  coolmax zx-600 G500s 
Mouse PadAudio
Biogenic large  asus xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
grandma's rig.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3470  MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) msi 980ti 6GD5T OC armor x2 gskill trident 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500gb aaks +aavs lg super multi BD drive  stock  win 7 pro 64 bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
asus vw228 Levetron Clicker  coolmax zx-600 G500s 
Mouse PadAudio
Biogenic large  asus xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5694 of 38146
Quote:
Originally Posted by 003 View Post
More like MDR-R10 copycat, look at the angling of the drivers. Of course, that is not necessarily bad. If two high profile companies both release extremely high end headphones that are similar in terms of earcup angling... you may just infer that they are doing something very, very right. Also, don't forget about the price of the HE90.

Finally, once smaller vendors start selling these, my guess is that the price will be way down. After all, the HD650 has an MSRP of $600, but it is quite easy to find it new for $315 or so, a 47.5% reduction from MSRP. If similar cuts are instituted on the HD800, we could potentially see it for $735 or so.

Initially, I doubt the cuts will be that drastic, but give it time and they probably will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aura View Post
I was speaking in terms of aesthetics when referring to the SA5000, nothing more. Yeah, the angled drivers are very nice to see, I had always hoped we would see more implementation from manufacturers on this particular style.

$735 is still a lot of money for an in-production headphone, especially one that I suspect will be in heavy availability judging by the past releases of the HD600 and HD650. In time, we very well could see a price drop of that magnitude. But looking at the other headphones that can be had for $1,400 (or close to it), let's just say that this headphone has a lot of pressure to perform imo.
the HD800 are supposed to be hand made in Germany unlike the HD650's, which are not hand made. I highly doubt Senn will flood the market causing the price to go down. My best guess would see prices drop to $1-1.2k but that's it.
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5695 of 38146
I got some M-Audio q40s for christmas. These things rape. First headphone I've prefer over my grado sr80s
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
T6500 2.1GHz Dual-Core ATI HD 4650 1GB (Dedicated) 4gb Crucial ddr2-800 320gb Toshiba 7200rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
Sony BD Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 16.4" Glossy Microsoft 5000 bluetooth 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
T6500 2.1GHz Dual-Core ATI HD 4650 1GB (Dedicated) 4gb Crucial ddr2-800 320gb Toshiba 7200rpm 
Optical DriveOSMonitorMouse
Sony BD Combo Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit 16.4" Glossy Microsoft 5000 bluetooth 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5696 of 38146
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFF View Post
welcome and what kind o music you listen to?
Mainly eurobeat, but i do like some oldschool things like Kraftwerk, Jean Michel Jarre or some Within Temptation songs. It depends, but about 85% of it is eurobeat, i've got nearly 100 GB of it
post #5697 of 38146
Audio Technica ATH-700's, and the AD700's, is the only main difference the closed/open back, and price?


Also, what is the significance of the Art edition/branding? As opposed to the the seemingly normal pair?

post #5698 of 38146
the bass/soundstaging is the difference between the two.
i like the A700's better :O

side note: nixon makes excellent watches. i love them and owe them, solid like a movado
they now make headphoens too. do they sound good? i have no idea. but do they look good? hell yeah

T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
T.A.R.D.I.S.
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Time Time Time Time 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5699 of 38146
Quote:
Originally Posted by wigseryc View Post
Audio Technica ATH-700's, and the AD700's, is the only main difference the closed/open back, and price?


Also, what is the significance of the Art edition/branding? As opposed to the the seemingly normal pair?

I think they are the same. I ordered these (love them) and they didn't mention art anywhere. They are amazing.

Also, this page has pics that look like both. The black is actually a very little bit sparkly so in a flash, it may turn blue.
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
Gunmetal Tower
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASUS P8Z68-V GEN3 Asus GTX 580 CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Samsung 830 256GB Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB LG DVD Corsair H80 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Microsoft Windows 8.1 Professional 64 Bit Asus PB278Q Dell 1907FPc  Ducky 9008-G2 Browns and Reds 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
ABS SL1050 1050W Antec P280 Logitech G700 Mionix Propus 380 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
HT | OMEGA Claro Halo Audio Technica ATH-A900X Audio Technica ATH-AD900 M-Audio AV 40 
OtherOtherOther
Logitech USB Desktop Microphone APC Back-UPS XS 1500 Wacom Intuos4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5700 of 38146
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevZ View Post
Mainly eurobeat, but i do like some oldschool things like Kraftwerk, Jean Michel Jarre or some Within Temptation songs. It depends, but about 85% of it is eurobeat, i've got nearly 100 GB of it
try the ksc-75's up against yours.

as for the a700's
the art branding is advertising the closed part of the 700 line and the air is the open type.
grandma's rig.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3470  MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) msi 980ti 6GD5T OC armor x2 gskill trident 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500gb aaks +aavs lg super multi BD drive  stock  win 7 pro 64 bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
asus vw228 Levetron Clicker  coolmax zx-600 G500s 
Mouse PadAudio
Biogenic large  asus xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
grandma's rig.
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3470  MSI Z68A-G43 (G3) msi 980ti 6GD5T OC armor x2 gskill trident 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
500gb aaks +aavs lg super multi BD drive  stock  win 7 pro 64 bit  
MonitorKeyboardPowerMouse
asus vw228 Levetron Clicker  coolmax zx-600 G500s 
Mouse PadAudio
Biogenic large  asus xonar dx 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club