Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club - Page 578

post #5771 of 37659
Gaming :: Sennheiser PC150
Music/DJing :: Sony MDR V-700

The Pwntificator!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9950BE @ 3.1Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3P HD7790 4GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1) 64GB SSD (OS) 2) 320GB, 3) 2TB Memorex DVD(r) 16x Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1) Acer AL2017 20" 2) Acer AL2017 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Stock Corsair 550w XION Solaris Green/Black Wolfking Gamer 
Mouse PadAudio
Spongebob! ASUS Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
The Pwntificator!
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
9950BE @ 3.1Ghz Gigabyte GA-MA770-DS3P HD7790 4GB Corsair Dominator 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1) 64GB SSD (OS) 2) 320GB, 3) 2TB Memorex DVD(r) 16x Windows 7 Ultimate x64 1) Acer AL2017 20" 2) Acer AL2017 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Stock Corsair 550w XION Solaris Green/Black Wolfking Gamer 
Mouse PadAudio
Spongebob! ASUS Xonar DX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5772 of 37659
Quote:
Originally Posted by noname View Post
What do you guys think of the AKG K701s?
Im thinking about selling my ATH-A900s and getting these.
Would it be wise to invest in amp for it? Right now i have an amp, but its a TCA gizmo which is strictly for speakers. I have a DAC as well, the Denon DA-500 (Thanks to aura for the suggestion) and the headphone amp would be connected via optical?

Would it be possible to connect a tube headphone amp to the Denon DAC via Optical OR Coaxial?
I guess it depends on the AMP, but are there any decent ones that connect via these connections?

k701's are great headphones... if you have an amp up to the task of driving them. I've heard them on several setups and they suck unless your gear is up to the task. Yes, you can get the headphones relatively cheap now, but plan on spending at least 3x on the amp and probably as much on the source.

HD580/600's are very close and much more forgiving of associated equipment, and scale just as well with better gear.
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5773 of 37659
So a little story...

I wanted to give some multi-contact LS4 banana plugs a try before contacting the manufacture and ordering them in bulk so I decided to order a set from audio magus.
http://www.audio-magus.com/product_p/mcls4.htm
However, when I put a set in my cart for $16 the cheapest shipping option was $12.80. I contacted them and was promptly given a sob story about how their shipping quotes included their associated costs, which to a certain extent is understandable. They enabled the USPS First Class option, which was still an overpriced $7.68 but I ordered away expecting a small box.
Fast forward to today (8 days later) and I stopped at my PO box and find a regular envelope addressed to me. It was hand written so I had to read the return address twice before recognizing it as Audio Magus. I paid $7.68 for shipping and they threw my banana plugs in a regular envelope and put a 42 cent stamp on it. I wrote them a nasty email. I'll see how long it takes them to respond. But I haven't opened it yet and depending on what they say may just write "Return to Sender" and demand a refund.
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5774 of 37659
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
So a little story...

I wanted to give some multi-contact LS4 banana plugs a try before contacting the manufacture and ordering them in bulk so I decided to order a set from audio magus.
http://www.audio-magus.com/product_p/mcls4.htm
However, when I put a set in my cart for $16 the cheapest shipping option was $12.80. I contacted them and was promptly given a sob story about how their shipping quotes included their associated costs, which to a certain extent is understandable. They enabled the USPS First Class option, which was still an overpriced $7.68 but I ordered away expecting a small box.
Fast forward to today (8 days later) and I stopped at my PO box and find a regular envelope addressed to me. It was hand written so I had to read the return address twice before recognizing it as Audio Magus. I paid $7.68 for shipping and they threw my banana plugs in a regular envelope and put a 42 cent stamp on it. I wrote them a nasty email. I'll see how long it takes them to respond. But I haven't opened it yet and depending on what they say may just write "Return to Sender" and demand a refund.
Ugh, sounds like a real class act.... I'll add them to my "no-buy" list....
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
Morpheus Mini
(7 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-6700T SN970 GTX 960 Crucial CT102464BF160B 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Samsung 850 Evo M.2 Windows 10 Pro MOTU Audio Express 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5775 of 37659
I just contacted the manufacture. If I have to I'll order in bulk. Depending on what the minimum order is I may have lots! lol
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
Darkness
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 Gigabye GA-EP45-UD3P EVGA GTX660 8GB G.Skill PK 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640GB & Samsung F1 750Gb LG BD & HD Windows 8 Pro x64 HP w2207 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
FILCO FKBN87M/NPEK Enermax Modu82+ 525w CM 690 Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Razor Destructor ODAC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5776 of 37659
I'd like to be added to the list if that's still possible I'm using two pairs of headphones at the moment.

Beyerdynamic DT330 (soon to be replaced) and the Grado SR80's with a Musical Fidelity X-Can V3.
post #5777 of 37659
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
k701's are great headphones... if you have an amp up to the task of driving them. I've heard them on several setups and they suck unless your gear is up to the task. Yes, you can get the headphones relatively cheap now, but plan on spending at least 3x on the amp and probably as much on the source.

HD580/600's are very close and much more forgiving of associated equipment, and scale just as well with better gear.
Thanks, in that case i might just go with the HDs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Namrac View Post
The heaphone amp connects via the analog out, not the digital connections.
Ohh right, so i would have to switch the connections every time i use my dac. Damn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soloz2 View Post
I just contacted the manufacture. If I have to I'll order in bulk. Depending on what the minimum order is I may have lots! lol
If you are selling them , let me know when you get your shipment in.
alpha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 ~Lapped @ 3.6 XFX 780i eVGA GTX260 [216c|55nm] G.Skill π (2x2GB) PC8800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x WD 640GB AALS RAID 0 Windows 7 x64 7048 Acer AL2216W PC and Power Cooling 750W 
Case
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
alpha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 G0 ~Lapped @ 3.6 XFX 780i eVGA GTX260 [216c|55nm] G.Skill π (2x2GB) PC8800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 x WD 640GB AALS RAID 0 Windows 7 x64 7048 Acer AL2216W PC and Power Cooling 750W 
Case
Rocketfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5778 of 37659
So after listening to my current Havana/Stello rig all day ...

I made an executive decision and simply settled on keeping a rig I already think sounds divine.

And in leu of a new amp ...

I made an Audiogon offer for a set of these:

...



...

Bless me father for I am such a sinner ...

It was either these or some JVC DX1000's ... but I couldn't find the latter in my desired price range ... so ...

I already love the RS1's ... and I just couldn't help but want to demo the GS1000's reportedly more extended/deep bass and off-the-chain sound stage.

If I get them for my asking price, then financially it won't be that bad as I can recoup my expense nearly completely should I have to sell them.

Any way ...

More later ...



    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K @ 4.7ghz Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark 1 Seahawk X 1080 ti 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum @ 3200mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
2TB Samsung Evo 950 LG Blu Ray / DVD  H115i Win 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer XB270HU Logitech G710 EVGA 1000w Corsair 780T 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G502 My girlfriends butt. Asus z170 onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5779 of 37659
Icemat Siberia.
Izvire
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @ 4,5Ghz Asus P8P67 EVO MSI GTX 780 Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital WD3200AAKS Blue Samsung F3  Prolimatech Megahalems + Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64-bit Asus 27" PB278Q Filco Tenkeyless MX-Black Corsair TX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech MX518 @ 1000Hz Steelseries QCK Heavy Genelec G One + F One 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 ohm Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
Izvire
(20 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K @ 4,5Ghz Asus P8P67 EVO MSI GTX 780 Kingston HyperX 2x4GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Western Digital WD3200AAKS Blue Samsung F3  Prolimatech Megahalems + Ultra Kaze 3000RPM 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64-bit Asus 27" PB278Q Filco Tenkeyless MX-Black Corsair TX650 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Antec Eleven Hundred Logitech MX518 @ 1000Hz Steelseries QCK Heavy Genelec G One + F One 
AudioAudio
Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 ohm Asus Xonar DG 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5780 of 37659
Quote:
Originally Posted by s1rrah View Post
So after listening to my current Havana/Stello rig all day ...

I made an executive decision and simply settled on keeping a rig I already think sounds divine.

And in leu of a new amp ...

I made an Audiogon offer for a set of these:

...



...

Bless me father for I am such a sinner ...

It was either these or some JVC DX1000's ... but I couldn't find the latter in my desired price range ... so ...

I already love the RS1's ... and I just couldn't help but want to demo the GS1000's reportedly more extended/deep bass and off-the-chain sound stage.

If I get them for my asking price, then financially it won't be that bad as I can recoup my expense nearly completely should I have to sell them.

Any way ...

More later ...




i am jealous, i have wanted to hear a pair for so long....looks like ill be makin' a trip to texas soon
Screaming Mantis
(15 items)
 
Raging Raven
(9 items)
 
Crying Wolf
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770 Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 ASUS 7970 DUII Corsair Vengence LP 2 x 8 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB x 2 ASUS Bluray drive Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS PA238Q x 2 ASUS PA238QR Logitech Illuminated Corsair HX1050 
CaseMouseAudio
Silverstone FT02 bw/w Razer Lachesis T.C Electronic Konnekt 24d with Grado SR225 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570  P8H77-I 560ti 16gb Viper 3 Mamba Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
120GB 840 series 4 * 3TB WD RED antec 620 Seasonic S12II 520W 
Case
Fractal design node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Q6600 B3 Asus P5K-C 8800 GTS 320 Seagate 7200.10 320GB, WD Caviar Green 2TB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG DVD DL writter 7 Ulitimate Asus VS248H (1920*1080) Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C Silencer 750 Antec 900 Razor Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
Screaming Mantis
(15 items)
 
Raging Raven
(9 items)
 
Crying Wolf
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 3770 Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 ASUS 7970 DUII Corsair Vengence LP 2 x 8 GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vertex 4 128GB x 2 ASUS Bluray drive Noctua DH-14 Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
ASUS PA238Q x 2 ASUS PA238QR Logitech Illuminated Corsair HX1050 
CaseMouseAudio
Silverstone FT02 bw/w Razer Lachesis T.C Electronic Konnekt 24d with Grado SR225 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570  P8H77-I 560ti 16gb Viper 3 Mamba Black 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
120GB 840 series 4 * 3TB WD RED antec 620 Seasonic S12II 520W 
Case
Fractal design node 304 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsHard Drive
Q6600 B3 Asus P5K-C 8800 GTS 320 Seagate 7200.10 320GB, WD Caviar Green 2TB 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
LG DVD DL writter 7 Ulitimate Asus VS248H (1920*1080) Logitech Illuminated 
PowerCaseMouse
PCP&C Silencer 750 Antec 900 Razor Lachesis 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sound Cards and Computer Audio
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Sound Cards and Computer Audio › [Official] OCN Headphones and Earphones Club