Overclock.net banner

The Cooler Master Storm Sniper Club

775K views 3K replies 362 participants last post by  Mr_Ratt 
#1 ·

Overclock.net discussion threads: 1 2

Water-cooling setup suggestions & review

Official Site and collection of reviews CM.com CMStorm.com

"If we had to sum up the Storm Sniper in one sentence, we'd do that by saying that it is an extremely practical and easy to work with case. Cooler Master claims to have spent countless days at Lan Parties to gauge the ins and outs of what gamers really want in an enclosure. We now say that this is no idle boast as we can see the Sniper as a must-have item for gamers who want to replace their current enclosures with something infinitely more practical." -Hardware Canucks

"In terms of its cooling capability, the Sniper bested an old favorite of mine, the Antec P180 series. The open mesh design and 200mm fans, offer incredible cooling performance without sacrificing noise levels. If this is any indication of the things to come, the CM Storm division may quickly become a new favorite among gamers and enthusiasts." -Hardware Reviews

"I have very little (if anything) bad to say about the Cooler Master Sniper. This is one very nice case. It has loads of room and is relatively light. It gives the end user the ability to remove unwanted items, add in needed items, and reconfigure fan locations." -Legit Reviews

Where to buy? Unfortunately it appears to have been discontinued.

Sig Code (copy & paste to your sig)

Code:

Code:
[CODE]
[CENTER][URL="http://www.overclock.net/computer-cases/519046-cooler-master-storm-sniper-club.html"]:aaskull:[B][U][I]<The Official Cooler Master Storm Sniper Club>[/I][/U][/B]:aaskull:[/URL][/CENTER]
[/CODE]

Members:
Chaosmarine32
FREELINE57
jackson28
mjl4878
kai-
airplaneman
subayai
Rocker delMaL
ghulam phantom
usagi
Kuuler
Adhmuz
Black497
CD69Scorp
merwan
tipsycoma
Furion
maximus20895
Bill Owen
vizbones
shizdan
Solaire
AIpha
antonio8
Zzyzx
kyleax1
mav2000
salamooch
vpadro
ConB@s
oxymorosis
allenkane
Mr_Ratt
FairDoos
Evil-Jester
pez
nova_prime
NSWelshans
Cyberbot
Rivis
Jon1166
Misso
Ism
cubefreak
AUS.R34P3R
ajn89
mdbsat
///ACS330Ci
brettjv
mavrick
dimwit13
Stalkistnz
kaseyfleming
20mmrain
alkon
werds
djjoonie
uirusu.ningen
Ha-Nocri
97sslude
Flamous
Lord
AbduktedTemplar
madeinholt
Aawa
DeadMau5
mackbaz
killer_bee
luke997
JTGarr
hydroslyder
Impossible
Crucial09
GoodInk
hqert
JANASHEEN
thesniper
Ryan747
Jonny2410'
FannBlade
~sizzzle~
chuk
ItGoesTwo11
Grobi
Jangle
BigT
skuzzzzy
Samirfuad
Pez
Mod Duck
ClockFiend
yosr
Priddle
tcuong
thebigrobbyrob
shingurai
elmolden2012
olo131
5 ₧™
rdrdrdrd
Cloudus
Kasumi
PulkPull
cee
CMS
deccher
xandypx
KonigGeist
Gh0st Unit
Porter_
kirb112
killeraxemannic
Velvetdreams21
muhammadaasim
ludwig_rx
Nw0rb
jeffblute
FinalFrontier
The_Seabigbear
SakkeMO
zydrix
k1msta
CptSpock
tw33k
EDA
blampars
quife
micro5797
tom_gr7
le-guib
-tPg- HeadShot
Bigboom
acowboy
connzy
WolfSoul
Silicel1
csc tiscali
vietladin
simi_id
Tippy

jacknhut

We Gone

Blatsz32

Chappy123

abablitz

Z3RO_

LowFlyR

Blood4guts

squall325

KristiyanK

Deltaz

cloggie

desertsolace

MasterZoen

manabatian

simtind

jay2nice000

RhinoLyner

slake

mrBIGsComputer

Callist0

olo131

Tippy

Teflonpate

ponzimochi

apauling

Pictures

Want to be a member? Suggestions/comments for this thread? Just post or send me a PM.

See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: ~sizzzle~
#12 ·
I've been looking for a replacement for my Antec 900 which recently died... poor case, it served me well. But I saw this thread, and after looking at everything else knew this was exactly what I needed. I ordered my case yesterday off newegg, so add me to the club!

With a new case I need a new name. So I'm switching my build from Azriel's Fist to Exitus of the Vindicare.

#13 ·
I'm picking one of these up on Wednesday, going to have some fun with it. Might paint the inside black, I'm going to ad a 240 rad instead of the top exhaust fan, and depending how it will fit, possibly a 120 rad on the bottom just infront of the PSU. I'll have the blue LED Cooler Master fans + UV cathodes with UV green fluid and tubing. I'm stoked.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by HardContact View Post
I've been looking for a replacement for my Antec 900 which recently died... poor case, it served me well. But I saw this thread, and after looking at everything else knew this was exactly what I needed. I ordered my case yesterday off newegg, so add me to the club!

With a new case I need a new name. So I'm switching my build from Azriel's Fist to Exitus of the Vindicare.
I, too, will be moving from the 900 to the Sniper on my next build.

#15 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by bfe_vern View Post
I, too, will be moving from the 900 to the Sniper on my next build.
Me as well haha.

#17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosmarine32 View Post
That a pretty bad-ass paint job. Did you do it yourself?

Thanks everyone for your interest thus far. Keep it going!
Yup! I actually like the way it came out too!
Anyone got sum suggestions on more things i could do to improve on it?

Edit: I was actually looking for a certian color orange and i couln't find it and gave up and went with green.

Edit 2: Ok guys I got a problem that needs your help! I have a Zalman ZM MFC1 fan controler that I want to use in the drive bay but this case dose not come with drive rails and the locking pin will not line up and there is no access to mount screws.
Any thoughts???

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREELINE57 View Post
Edit 2: Ok guys I got a problem that needs your help! I have a Zalman ZM MFC1 fan controler that I want to use in the drive bay but this case dose not come with drive rails and the locking pin will not line up and there is no access to mount screws.
Any thoughts???
I haven't a clue on what to do with that. Would the included 2.5inch converter kit possibly work? What's wrong with the Sniper fan controller?

I went ahead and purchased this Lian-li HDD case to increase airflow, and will post pics and updated temps once i get it configured.

For all those switching over from the 900, welcome! Keep the pics coming so I can create a link to them through your name on the member's list.

#19 ·
Anyone seen the Sniper being Watercooled??

Anyone has a picture of that please link me to it. A customer wants the Sniper with water built. Just looking for idea's without modding the case. cuz a top inner rad would be to close to the Mobo

#21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chaosmarine32 View Post
I haven't a clue on what to do with that. Would the included 2.5inch converter kit possibly work? What's wrong with the Sniper fan controller?

I went ahead and purchased this Lian-li HDD case to increase airflow, and will post pics and updated temps once i get it configured.

For all those switching over from the 900, welcome! Keep the pics coming so I can create a link to them through your name on the member's list.
I'll give the converter kit a try! There is nothing wrong with the case fan controller i'm just doing some future proofing and the fact i can hide the wires and run them along the sides and top. Thanks for the tip.

#22 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by xguntherc View Post
Anyone seen the Sniper being Watercooled??

Anyone has a picture of that please link me to it. A customer wants the Sniper with water built. Just looking for idea's without modding the case. cuz a top inner rad would be to close to the Mobo
Why won't the top 240 work? As long as it isn't one of those beastly 2" thick rad's it will work. I am going to be WCing and will post pics when I finish - probably tonight but I have a heater core right now, should be getting a rad in a couple weeks.

You can also put a rad on the back using a rad box.

Add me to the club, just picked mine up 20 min ago!!!

#23 ·
#26 ·
Well I just got it up and running, having some keyboard issues though, obviously that isn't the case's fault. I love it so far, but I have to say that it is MASSIVE! Holy crap it dwarfs my old Antec 900. I thought it was a mid tower lol. I really like the fan controller/LED button but it does feel a bit cheap. I have it watercooled so I'll be sure to upload some pics soon. I want on the list

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.