It's official. I'm trading my Storm Scout to my friend for his Antec 900. I guess I won't technically be a member of the club any more and I see that this club is really kicking off so the help I provided before can easily be replicated. The trade will be done next weekend.
Here's what I liked/disliked about my Storm Scout case and why I found it superior to other cases in its price range:
- All black interior
- Tool-less hard drive cage is much better than others I've worked with
- Has an extra button on the front I/O that can be used for things other than its original purpose
- NEARLY perfect holes for cable management
- Steel reinforced handle. I've only moved my computer twice but it came in handy
- Dust filter for the PSU
- Gunmetal screws that it came with
- Extra deep 5.25" drive bay cage so the optical drive/s aren't exposed
- The use of 140mm fans instead of 120mm ones
- Large power button
- The dust filters don't work well
- Side panel vibrates too much with fan/s on it. I'm thinking the plastic removable rivets don't stabilize the window enough
- The top fan has metal perforated steel blocking airflow AND plastic blocking airflow
- Could've provided mounting hardware for an additional 140/120mm fan in the front
- Stock fans are weak
- Could've had firewire on the front I/O
- Should've had a hole for the 24 pin connector
- Could've had a little more space so closing the right side would be easy with bulging wires
- Should've had a hole for the 4/8 pin connector. Running it through the CPU retention bracket hole was inconvenient for me as I also needed to remove a fan to get the wire into place.
Despite all of the cons, this was by far the best mid tower case I've owned and was well worth the price...though I must also recommend the Cooler Master Gladiator 600. They were 80 bucks when they first came out and it didn't seem like it was worth it to buy them when the Storm Scout was 100 bucks and was the exact same case with the addition of a handle and black interior but now the Gladiator 600 is only 50-65 and it seems like an amazing deal.
Also, I'm going to make a false floor and a 120mm front fan mounting bracket for my friend. So I'll post pics of that when it's done. I'll most likely do it this weekend.