Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 1289

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #12881 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPiddy View Post
I just got my scout and while it looks pretty cool,, man was it a ***** to set up and manage cables. I dont even want to open the left side panel since it was so hard to close and thats a bad thing. I like to upgrade and have easy access to components and this certainly is not that case. I also am shocked that the red LEDs are so dim. its like they are barely on. I guess for the front fan that's not all bad since the dust filter must be thick. I'm having reservations on this case and may switch and that bums me a bit.
First show us some pics so that we can put the vast wealth of information to use in helping you to decide whether or not to stay with it. We love our Scouts here, but we also know if it doesn't work for someone it doesn't work.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II X4 B50 BE Callisto MSI MS-7577 790FX-GD70 XFX Radeon HD5870 XFX Radeon HD5870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill DDR3-1600 Seagate Seagate Sony Optiarc 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair CWCH-50 AC Accelero Extreme 5870 W7HPX64 Acer 23" LED LCD Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 OCZ ZX 850w Modular Scout, of course R.A.T. 7  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II X4 B50 BE Callisto MSI MS-7577 790FX-GD70 XFX Radeon HD5870 XFX Radeon HD5870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill DDR3-1600 Seagate Seagate Sony Optiarc 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair CWCH-50 AC Accelero Extreme 5870 W7HPX64 Acer 23" LED LCD Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 OCZ ZX 850w Modular Scout, of course R.A.T. 7  
  hide details  
Reply
post #12882 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPiddy View Post
I just got my scout and while it looks pretty cool,, man was it a ***** (female dog, damn cuss blocker!) to set up and manage cables. I dont even want to open the left side panel since it was so hard to close and thats a bad thing. I like to upgrade and have easy access to components and this certainly is not that case. I also am shocked that the red LEDs are so dim. its like they are barely on. I wouldn't have gotten a side windowed panel case if i didn't want to see in. I guess for the front fan that's not all bad since the dust filter must be thick. I'm having reservations on this case and may switch and that bums me a bit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockr69 View Post
First show us some pics so that we can put the vast wealth of information to use in helping you to decide whether or not to stay with it. We love our Scouts here, but we also know if it doesn't work for someone it doesn't work.
rocker is right. and if you fill out your system specs we can help even more (user CP)

that being said. this is a MID tower case. it was never intended to be a case for every use (look at the stuff us watercooling guys go through with it). as for your complaints. using a non-moduler PSU is going to leave you with allot of cables left over in ANY case this size and frankly the case is better than most with the management options for them. the lights are not that dim actually but the smoked window makes them appear dimmer as its not clear (duh...) but that is easily remedied with making a new window (a few of us have and i think they look better clear) which i would be more than willing to help you out with if you like.

going back to the cables. what i would suggest is making a false floor to cover the PSU/gap from it to the HDD cage. then you can just stuff all the extra cables in their instead of behind the motherboard which will open up ALLOT of space and allow the back to slide on and off with ease.

again. post some pictures and we will be able to give more specific ideas and hopefully you will love your scout as much as the rest of us do
Reactor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @4.2ghz @1.3V-Core EVGA P55-FTW-200 EVGA GTX 470 (x2 SLI) @800/1600 @.925mV 1674 mem 4 (2x2) gig Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD 1tb Black (SSD comming soon) Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit Corsair AX 850 CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
Reactor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @4.2ghz @1.3V-Core EVGA P55-FTW-200 EVGA GTX 470 (x2 SLI) @800/1600 @.925mV 1674 mem 4 (2x2) gig Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD 1tb Black (SSD comming soon) Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit Corsair AX 850 CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12883 of 28613
Stayed up until 5am after work last night.
But its all DONE!

First PC build ever is in the books!
Also, I hit my goal of scoring at least 4k in the FFXIV benchmark for 720p.


LowResBenchmark by Raspinudo, on Flickr

I am very happy
Simple & Clean
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 BE Gigabyte 990FX EVGA 560 gtx 8GB Corsair DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
WD Blue 500 GB Asus 24x DVD Corsair H50 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15's + S... HP 23" 1600x900 
PowerCase
Corsair 650W Lian Li PC-7B Plus II 
  hide details  
Reply
Simple & Clean
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 BE Gigabyte 990FX EVGA 560 gtx 8GB Corsair DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingMonitor
WD Blue 500 GB Asus 24x DVD Corsair H50 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon AP-15's + S... HP 23" 1600x900 
PowerCase
Corsair 650W Lian Li PC-7B Plus II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12884 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker36 View Post
rocker is right. and if you fill out your system specs we can help even more (user CP)

that being said. this is a MID tower case. it was never intended to be a case for every use (look at the stuff us watercooling guys go through with it). as for your complaints. using a non-moduler PSU is going to leave you with allot of cables left over in ANY case this size and frankly the case is better than most with the management options for them. the lights are not that dim actually but the smoked window makes them appear dimmer as its not clear (duh...) but that is easily remedied with making a new window (a few of us have and i think they look better clear) which i would be more than willing to help you out with if you like.

going back to the cables. what i would suggest is making a false floor to cover the PSU/gap from it to the HDD cage. then you can just stuff all the extra cables in their instead of behind the motherboard which will open up ALLOT of space and allow the back to slide on and off with ease.

again. post some pictures and we will be able to give more specific ideas and hopefully you will love your scout as much as the rest of us do
I will certainly post pictures soon and thanks for the encouragement. I live in NYC and have no garage or basement to have a workbench or area to do serious window side panel cutting nor do i have the equipment or room to store it. So unfortunately, that's not an option. I guess i figure if I need to mod the case and buy 1) a window kit 2) red cathodes so i can actually see the inside 3) case side panel filters 4) an extra fan or two all those costs add up to have a case with harder to manage cabling. I know its possible but I keep wondering if I should have just picked up the Lancool PC-K62. It has all the extras i mention, and i ALMOST like the looks of it better than the Scout. I went with Scout cause i do like the look better and figured the cabling wouldn't be too bad. I never factored in the extra $ and time to get it to where i wanted it. So that's just my thoughts right now. Scout's great, but maybe i should switch to the lancool, save some bucks, time, and have easier access to my components. Am I crazy?
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Evga X58 3X SLI Evga GTX 460 768mb 3 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 9-9-9-24 2T 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer 22" Widescreen x223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 650W xfx (rebadged seasonic) modular PSU Cooler Master Scout Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Evga X58 3X SLI Evga GTX 460 768mb 3 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 9-9-9-24 2T 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer 22" Widescreen x223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 650W xfx (rebadged seasonic) modular PSU Cooler Master Scout Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12885 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPiddy View Post
I will certainly post pictures soon and thanks for the encouragement. I live in NYC and have no garage or basement to have a workbench or area to do serious window side panel cutting nor do i have the equipment or room to store it. So unfortunately, that's not an option. I guess i figure if I need to mod the case and buy 1) a window kit 2) red cathodes so i can actually see the inside 3) case side panel filters 4) an extra fan or two all those costs add up to have a case with harder to manage cabling. I know its possible but I keep wondering if I should have just picked up the Lancool PC-K62. It has all the extras i mention, and i ALMOST like the looks of it better than the Scout. I went with Scout cause i do like the look better and figured the cabling wouldn't be too bad. I never factored in the extra $ and time to get it to where i wanted it. So that's just my thoughts right now. Scout's great, but maybe i should switch to the lancool, save some bucks, time, and have easier access to my components. Am I crazy?
the K62 IS a nice case... but i like my scout better .

i know their are more than a couple of us that would be willing to make you a window to replace the stock (hell ill do it for the cost of parts/shipping).

cathodes tend to look pink over time and im just not a huge fan of them but RED LEDS are forever and throw a more consistent light over the case. but i like the idea of more light

and filters are a nice cheap solution to an annoying problem. if i were to use them (i dont cus i think they are ugly) i would get THIS or something similar


the scout group is one of the best on OCN. if you have a problem with most of your stuff some one here knows the answer or at the very least where to find it. i hope you chose to stick with the scout
Reactor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @4.2ghz @1.3V-Core EVGA P55-FTW-200 EVGA GTX 470 (x2 SLI) @800/1600 @.925mV 1674 mem 4 (2x2) gig Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD 1tb Black (SSD comming soon) Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit Corsair AX 850 CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
Reactor
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-750 @4.2ghz @1.3V-Core EVGA P55-FTW-200 EVGA GTX 470 (x2 SLI) @800/1600 @.925mV 1674 mem 4 (2x2) gig Corsair Dominators 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WD 1tb Black (SSD comming soon) Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit Corsair AX 850 CM Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12886 of 28613
i just updated my sig so you can see my specs currently.
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Evga X58 3X SLI Evga GTX 460 768mb 3 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 9-9-9-24 2T 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer 22" Widescreen x223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 650W xfx (rebadged seasonic) modular PSU Cooler Master Scout Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Evga X58 3X SLI Evga GTX 460 768mb 3 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 9-9-9-24 2T 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer 22" Widescreen x223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 650W xfx (rebadged seasonic) modular PSU Cooler Master Scout Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12887 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GPiddy View Post
i just updated my sig so you can see my specs currently.
Do it here http://www.overclock.net/specs.php?do=addsystem or people will scold you
Skylake
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-i7 6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 M.2 SAMSUNG 850 EVO Corsair H100i Windows 10 
PowerCase
SeaSonic G-750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-i7 6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 M.2 SAMSUNG 850 EVO Corsair H100i Windows 10 
PowerCase
SeaSonic G-750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12888 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by K10 View Post
Do it here http://www.overclock.net/specs.php?do=addsystem or people will scold you
Thanks. i was wondering how you all did that format!
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Evga X58 3X SLI Evga GTX 460 768mb 3 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 9-9-9-24 2T 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer 22" Widescreen x223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 650W xfx (rebadged seasonic) modular PSU Cooler Master Scout Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Lord Vader
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 950 Evga X58 3X SLI Evga GTX 460 768mb 3 x 2GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 9-9-9-24 2T 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi 7200 rpm SATA Sony DVD-RW Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit Acer 22" Widescreen x223W 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 650W xfx (rebadged seasonic) modular PSU Cooler Master Scout Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Flexiglow Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12889 of 28613
Look at my newest toy. Unfortunately, I don't get to open the box 'till Saturday. It's my birthday. I am the kind of guy who don't like surprises because people suck at buying you a useful gift. Not even kidding, one time I got a flower pot. Sorry, I am a logical person. Anyway, so I told my wife about this graphics card. She told me purchased it. She will gift-wrap it, though. I will post pictures once I install it and maybe some benchmarks.

P.S.: My birthday is on 20th but they decided to have the party this Saturday.
P.S2.:I freaking hate UPS. The package was smashed. see right top corner.
Hobbit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 Ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1GB 2x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500 @800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640 GB + WD 1 TB + SMG 1 TB Lite-On 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Dell SP2309W 23" 2048*1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Keyboard Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W Modular PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout Ideazon Reaper Edge 3200 DPI Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 Ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1GB 2x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500 @800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640 GB + WD 1 TB + SMG 1 TB Lite-On 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Dell SP2309W 23" 2048*1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Keyboard Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W Modular PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout Ideazon Reaper Edge 3200 DPI Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12890 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by raspinudo View Post
Stayed up until 5am after work last night.
But its all DONE!

First PC build ever is in the books!
Also, I hit my goal of scoring at least 4k in the FFXIV benchmark for 720p.


LowResBenchmark by Raspinudo, on Flickr

I am very happy
I feel ya. My scout is the first PC I ever built. I know exactly how you feel. Nice setup, btw.
Hobbit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 Ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1GB 2x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500 @800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640 GB + WD 1 TB + SMG 1 TB Lite-On 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Dell SP2309W 23" 2048*1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Keyboard Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W Modular PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout Ideazon Reaper Edge 3200 DPI Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Hobbit
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.83 Ghz Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Nvidia GeForce GTX460 1GB 2x2GB Kingston HyperX T1 PC2-8500 @800 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD 640 GB + WD 1 TB + SMG 1 TB Lite-On 24x Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Dell SP2309W 23" 2048*1152 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Dell Multimedia Keyboard Cooler Master Silent Pro 600W Modular PSU Cooler Master Storm Scout Ideazon Reaper Edge 3200 DPI Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club