Originally Posted by Blue Destroyer
well been sick the last 3-4 days and my pc is sick too. think my MB is toast. keeps having problems and freezing while loading bios screens.
Try the DFI/Abit Long Bios Clear. That often times fixes this problem. You must follow ALL of the steps. If you miss one you need to start over from step one. This will quite often clear out a stubborn bios or a corrupted one. It's worth a shot.
- Remove power from the rig by disconnecting the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Make sure the PC Speaker is plugged in.
- Remove the Battery.
- Press the Start Button on the case or motherboard and hold it down for a minimum of 30 seconds to drain the capacitors.
- Move the CMOS jumper to CLEAR.
- You may leave the board in this condition for as long as it takes to clear the CMOS. If a short 30 second clear or a 15 minute clear doesn't work, try an 8 hour clear then a 24 hour clear.
- Plug in a PS2 Keyboard.
- Disconnect all external peripherals plugged into the USB ports including mice, keyboards, printers, external drives, etc.
- Put one stick of RAM in the slot closest to the cpu.
- Replace the Battery.
- Move the CMOS jumper to Normal.
- Apply power to the rig by plugging the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Press the Start Button to power the rig up while holding down the insert key.
- When you hear the BEEP, release the Insert Key and press the Delete Key on the Keyboard.
- Once you enter the BIOS set the DATE and TIME then Load Optimized Defaults.
- Save and Exit.
- Enter the BIOS again and set it up the way you want for your particular rig.
If the system will at least post steps 7 and 13 can be bypassed.
Originally Posted by Evil262
Hmm, maybe your bios is corrupted. tried flashing it?
Terrible advice. NEVER attempt to flash a bios that is freezing up until you have exhausted all other alternatives. The chances of it freezing DURING the flash and borking your board is way too high.