So, I've never really liked the height of the bottom of the Storm Scout case, especially after I installed the fan at the bottom between the HD cage and the PS. So, sitting at work i was looking at the crank sprockets for the timing chains we've been doing as a bulletin, and I thought those would make a pretty good looking set of feet for me case, so here we go:
Started with 8 sprockets, de-oiled and washed.
I was going to brush them clean, but I ended up liking the look of them.
After I brushed the ends of the sprockets to make sure the Super Glue gel would stick, i stacked them up.
Not bad (if i do say so myself) for about 30 minutes worth of work.
While at the hardware storing picking up some super Glue, I get some felt pads to stick to the bottoms so they won't scratch my desktop.
Here they are assembled.
And a few shots of them under the case. The Original feet fit nicely inside of them, but i haven't permanently attached them to the case yet.