Originally Posted by Enigma8750;12764742 Bulldozer UPDATE..
Ignore if you already have this information.
New line of ASUS Bulldozer boards to come out first..
Low end first then High end later..
Bios updates for the M4a78s and 79 and 67
to allow for the bulldozer on existing AMD AM3 boards..AM3PLUS
- M5A88-V EVO AMD 880G AMD 880G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A88-M EVO M5A88-M EVO AMD 880G AMD 880G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A88-M M5A88-M AMD 880G AMD 880G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A87 M5A87 AMD 870 AMD 870 Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A78L M5A78L AMD 760G AMD 760G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A78L LE M5A78L LE AMD 760G AMD 760G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A78L-M/USB3 M5A78L-M/USB3 AMD 760G AMD 760G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A78L-M PLUS M5A78L-M PLUS AMD 760G AMD 760G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A78L-M LE M5A78L-M LE AMD 760G AMD 760G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
- M5A78L-M LX M5A78L-M LX AMD 760G AMD 760G Ja (AM3+) Yes (AM3 +)
The MSI Concourer is the first 990 ready for market.
Get you SSDs while you can.. Japan's earthquake will rise the cost of Nand Memory. Monitors and other devices will be hit hard as well. They need to come to the US and open some Factories here.. We need the work. HINT HINT...
Actually, Boss.. You might be interested in THIS thread
As for the MSI Board.
Word is that its not really a 990 chipset! Its an 890, but its running the newer Socket AM3+.
Word is Gigabyte is going to be doing the same thing.
Asus however, is slapping them ALL in the face, with the following Press Release!
- which was published by Asus Tawain just a day ago,and confirmed by Asus USA who states they will be publishing their own information on their own webstie in just a couple days!
Basically, what it all boils down to is this.
Asus is now claiming that CURRENT owners of their 8xx Series motherboards need only a simple BIOS update
, to run Zambezi on their currently owned, 8xx Series Boards! This includes the famed Crosshair IV 890FX models and the 890GX models.
AMD however still staunchly stands by their words.. "We do not support Zambezi in AM3!"
... but, yea, read that Thread and you will get the gist of that argument, quite a few, including myself, are arguing the meaning of AMD's words over what Asus has already announced... arguing in favor of Asus!
Also, take a close look at THIS POST
, in that Thread; and my Reply right after it!Edited by cjc75 - 3/17/11 at 9:08am