Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 2336

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #23351 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imh073p;15040519 
It is nothing impressive, but here is my new web surfing rig built out of recycled parts.
2500k@4.7GHZ
8GB of corsair vengence @ 1680mhz
Asus p8p67
corsair hx650
XFX GTX 260
102_4457.jpg

I still need some uni-sleeve extensions and I'm going to use 3m
DI NOC carbon fiber vinyl on the GPU, PSU and HDD cage cover.

LOL..rolleyes.gif imh073 brother!!! Those are some nice recycled part's!!!
Great Rig sir!!thumb.gif
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23352 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imh073p View Post
It is nothing impressive, but here is my new web surfing rig built out of recycled parts.
2500k@4.7GHZ
8GB of corsair vengence @ 1680mhz
Asus p8p67
corsair hx650
XFX GTX 260




I still need some uni-sleeve extensions and I'm going to use 3m
DI NOC carbon fiber vinyl on the GPU, PSU and HDD cage cover.
Recycled parts!!!! I wish i had spare parts like that!

That is a really nice build i must say, really good cable management, its really tidy and simple. Nice

Cant wait too see the sleeving and the carbon fiber vinyl.
post #23353 of 28613
I got bored whilst i wait for my H70(the last time i checked the tracking page it said monday) so i decided that i'd get the top off of my scout so i could put the replacement I/O panel in, thankfully CM make the I/O panel so that the cables just unplug from the circuit board, so i didn't even need to unplug the usb or front audio cables from the headers on my motherboard.. i just unplugged the cables from the new panel and used the old cables, so with the time i saved i finally cut the grill out for the top fan, i'm a girl so ya know, lack of tools and stuff, i've not fully finished, i need to smarten it up with a file and find some of that rubber tubing stuff to go around the rim, but i think i did pretty damn good considering i used a pair of scissors.. go on ahead and rant at me for it, i couldnt give a poop, they got the job done once i get some of that tubing stuff i'm gonna make sure i get enough to do the front fan grill too, then i'm gonna attack that with some scissors too!
post #23354 of 28613
So I've been peaking around this forum looking to make a portable lan case for this coming winter, only thing keeping me from getting this case is can I get a Rx 240 Rasa water cooling kit in this thing? Say if I cut and mod the top under the handle?
post #23355 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasOfMyself View Post
I got bored whilst i wait for my H70(the last time i checked the tracking page it said monday) so i decided that i'd get the top off of my scout so i could put the replacement I/O panel in, thankfully CM make the I/O panel so that the cables just unplug from the circuit board, so i didn't even need to unplug the usb or front audio cables from the headers on my motherboard.. i just unplugged the cables from the new panel and used the old cables, so with the time i saved i finally cut the grill out for the top fan, i'm a girl so ya know, lack of tools and stuff, i've not fully finished, i need to smarten it up with a file and find some of that rubber tubing stuff to go around the rim, but i think i did pretty damn good considering i used a pair of scissors.. go on ahead and rant at me for it, i couldnt give a poop, they got the job done once i get some of that tubing stuff i'm gonna make sure i get enough to do the front fan grill too, then i'm gonna attack that with some scissors too!
Wow, scissors worked on the metal fan grill? Those must be some serious scissors lol. Ya the U-channel molding is pretty easy to get a hold of. I get mine from MNPCTECH. Cheers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblute View Post
So I've been peaking around this forum looking to make a portable lan case for this coming winter, only thing keeping me from getting this case is can I get a Rx 240 Rasa water cooling kit in this thing? Say if I cut and mod the top under the handle?
I have seen the Rasa Rs 240 modded into this case but there isnt enough room above the motherboard to fit the larger Rx Rad inside the case. It would have to be modded on the outside. Maybe use a swiftech rad mount on the rear of the case or remove the hdd cage and mod it into the floor? I have also seen a few fellas fit it in the front of the case with some serious cutting involved.
Edited by imh073p - 9/24/11 at 4:13pm
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23356 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblute View Post
So I've been peaking around this forum looking to make a portable lan case for this coming winter, only thing keeping me from getting this case is can I get a Rx 240 Rasa water cooling kit in this thing? Say if I cut and mod the top under the handle?
have a scan through some of the images on the first page or browse through the pages from number 2000 to now and you'll find a lot of modding has been done by various members for water cooling setups, there are a few that have modded the top of the case to fit large rads up there also, you couldnt ask for a better case for portability either way
post #23357 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imh073p View Post
Wow, scissors worked on the metal fan grill? Those must be some serious scissors lol. Ya the U-channel molding is pretty easy to get a hold of. I get mine from MNPCTECH. Cheers!
you're a life saver, you just saved me digging through the thread to find the link for that, thanking you very muchly! and yep scissors worked perfectly on the metal fan grill, took me 5 minutes or thereabouts to work my way around the entire thing, and i even left myself the option of having a 120mm fan up there (not that i can see much point in there being a 120mm fan up there lol) i shall get some of that uchannel stuff ordered asap, unless i can find a uk seller for it, which would mean less time spent waiting for it
post #23358 of 28613
Hmm, on the floor you say. I wonder how much room there would be between the PSU and the rad with the stock fan in the front. If i did that i could draw cold air in from under the case and possibly exhaust it out the front? Hmm ideas now

*Continues to flip pages looking for other ideas* : D
post #23359 of 28613
Okay. That was too easy....I must have done something wrong. I got over my irrational fear and finally installed the bloody H60 It's going to blow up now right? I mean....it's too quiet I'm idling at mid 30s right now, whereas it idled at mid 40s with stock felt like I needed to be a hexaped (two legs and four arms) for part of the install
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 FX 4.0/4.2 ASUS M5A99FX PRO XFX R7850 Corsair VENGEANCE 1600 DDR3 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 500gb WD Green 500gb Some ASUS media drive AMD stock (wants H100 or H80) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ViewSonic VA2446M-LED Black 24" Corsair VENGEANCE K90 Rosewill Capstone 550M 550w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Destroyer Corsair VENGEANCE M60 I do not know what this is.... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 960T BE X4 3.8 Asus M4A79XTD-EVO HIS 5770 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HP dvdi270 Windows 7 Home Acer V223W 22" Widescreen LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 VENGEANCE Cougar CMX 700 Cooler Master Storm Scout Corsair M60 VENGEANCE 
Mouse PadAudio
What is this? Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 FX 4.0/4.2 ASUS M5A99FX PRO XFX R7850 Corsair VENGEANCE 1600 DDR3 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 500gb WD Green 500gb Some ASUS media drive AMD stock (wants H100 or H80) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ViewSonic VA2446M-LED Black 24" Corsair VENGEANCE K90 Rosewill Capstone 550M 550w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Destroyer Corsair VENGEANCE M60 I do not know what this is.... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 960T BE X4 3.8 Asus M4A79XTD-EVO HIS 5770 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HP dvdi270 Windows 7 Home Acer V223W 22" Widescreen LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 VENGEANCE Cougar CMX 700 Cooler Master Storm Scout Corsair M60 VENGEANCE 
Mouse PadAudio
What is this? Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23360 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffblute View Post
Hmm, on the floor you say. I wonder how much room there would be between the PSU and the rad with the stock fan in the front. If i did that i could draw cold air in from under the case and possibly exhaust it out the front? Hmm ideas now

*Continues to flip pages looking for other ideas* : D
If i find photos of peoples WC loops i will post them for you. It is possible to mount a 240 RAD aswell as a 360 RAD! Some people have mounted the RAD's at the top of the case, others have cut out some of the 5.25 drive bays and managed to mount one there. A few people have done it, i even wanted to do it myself.

I will have a look to see if i can find the people who have done a custom WC loop and get back to you.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club