Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 2489

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #24881 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post

I have built a total of 8 rigs with the asrock extreme3 GEN3 and love the board, only complaint is that it only has 6 sata ports. smile.gif

pci-e x1 ftw sir. lol
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
Behind the Curve
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4570 GA-Z87-D3H MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G Adata green special DDR3 1333 4x 4GB (16GB kit) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Seagate Barracuda Samsung DVD+RW CM 212 Windows 8.1 pro 64bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 34" 21:9 LG 23" 16:9 DELL!!! Corsair TX750w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
CM 692 with window Razer-LACHESIS Razer-Sphex Pad Logitech 5.1 surround 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24882 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anti!! View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by munaim1 View Post

I have built a total of 8 rigs with the asrock extreme3 GEN3 and love the board, only complaint is that it only has 6 sata ports. smile.gif

pci-e x1 ftw sir. lol

Expansion / Connectivity
Slots

- 2 x PCI Express 3.0 x16 slots (PCIE2/PCIE4: single at x16 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4), or dual at x8 (PCIE2) / x8 (PCIE4))
- 2 x PCI Express 2.0 x1 slots
- 2 x PCI slots
- Supports AMD Quad CrossFireX™ and CrossFireX™
- Supports NVIDIA® Quad SLI™ and SLI™

*PCIe Gen3 is supported on 3rd Generation of Intel® Core™ i5 and Core™ i7 CPUs.

http://www.asrock.com/mb/overview.asp?Model=Z68%20Extreme3%20Gen3&cat=Specifications biggrin.gif
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
it looks alive
(17 items)
 
Sandy Transformed
(69 photos)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K [5ghz 1.44v 24/7] Asus Maximus IV Extreme SLI GTX 460 @ 920/1840/4100 [1.11v] 4GB Dominator GT @ 2133mhz CL8 [1.65v] 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Intel X25-M G2 80GB 3x Samsung F3 500GB RAID 0 EK Supreme HF Full Copper Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorPowerCaseAudio
LG42SL9500 42" 1080p [Surround Soon] XFX XXX Edition 650w Xigmatec Elysium JVC HA-RX700 [foam mod] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24883 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

You better post a pic before I take you off the list poke.gif But really why is it empty?

When I originally got the case, I bought it with an NZXT Tempest EVO, which I liked only a slight bit more. The 2nd rig is a proposed rig that will utilize this case. But this won't happen until probably later this year when I come up with some cash for that build.

Don't you worry yourself, My Scout is going nowhere. lol thumb.gif

Maybe 'later this year' we might finally get a Scout II thumb.gif

Anybody know the link for the replacement panels for the Scout? Or a site with good mesh? The crack next to one of the fins looks like it's getting bigger and one of the fins has broken loose on one side sad-smiley-002.gif

Also....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146082

lachen.gif OMG! LOL! lachen.gif

It's even PINK inside!!!
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 FX 4.0/4.2 ASUS M5A99FX PRO XFX R7850 Corsair VENGEANCE 1600 DDR3 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 500gb WD Green 500gb Some ASUS media drive AMD stock (wants H100 or H80) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ViewSonic VA2446M-LED Black 24" Corsair VENGEANCE K90 Rosewill Capstone 550M 550w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Destroyer Corsair VENGEANCE M60 I do not know what this is.... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 960T BE X4 3.8 Asus M4A79XTD-EVO HIS 5770 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HP dvdi270 Windows 7 Home Acer V223W 22" Widescreen LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 VENGEANCE Cougar CMX 700 Cooler Master Storm Scout Corsair M60 VENGEANCE 
Mouse PadAudio
What is this? Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 8350 FX 4.0/4.2 ASUS M5A99FX PRO XFX R7850 Corsair VENGEANCE 1600 DDR3 2x4gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Blue 500gb WD Green 500gb Some ASUS media drive AMD stock (wants H100 or H80) 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 ViewSonic VA2446M-LED Black 24" Corsair VENGEANCE K90 Rosewill Capstone 550M 550w Modular 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Rosewill Destroyer Corsair VENGEANCE M60 I do not know what this is.... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 960T BE X4 3.8 Asus M4A79XTD-EVO HIS 5770 Corsair Vengeance 2x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Seagate Barracuda 1TB HP dvdi270 Windows 7 Home Acer V223W 22" Widescreen LCD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Corsair K90 VENGEANCE Cougar CMX 700 Cooler Master Storm Scout Corsair M60 VENGEANCE 
Mouse PadAudio
What is this? Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24884 of 28613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireLeon2010 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraNova View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

You better post a pic before I take you off the list poke.gif But really why is it empty?

When I originally got the case, I bought it with an NZXT Tempest EVO, which I liked only a slight bit more. The 2nd rig is a proposed rig that will utilize this case. But this won't happen until probably later this year when I come up with some cash for that build.

Don't you worry yourself, My Scout is going nowhere. lol thumb.gif

Maybe 'later this year' we might finally get a Scout II thumb.gif

Anybody know the link for the replacement panels for the Scout? Or a site with good mesh? The crack next to one of the fins looks like it's getting bigger and one of the fins has broken loose on one side sad-smiley-002.gif

Also....

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146082

lachen.gif OMG! LOL! lachen.gif

It's even PINK inside!!!

The CM Store is currently under maintenance, you can call them at 1-888-624-5099
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24885 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireLeon2010 View Post

Maybe 'later this year' we might finally get a Scout II thumb.gif
Anybody know the link for the replacement panels for the Scout? Or a site with good mesh? The crack next to one of the fins looks like it's getting bigger and one of the fins has broken loose on one side sad-smiley-002.gif
Also....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146082
lachen.gif OMG! LOL! lachen.gif
It's even PINK inside!!!

lachen.gif Come on silly!!! lachen.gif They are all 'PINK' inside!!!! thumbsupsmiley.png
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24886 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by DireLeon2010 View Post

Maybe 'later this year' we might finally get a Scout II thumb.gif
Anybody know the link for the replacement panels for the Scout? Or a site with good mesh? The crack next to one of the fins looks like it's getting bigger and one of the fins has broken loose on one side sad-smiley-002.gif
Also....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146082
lachen.gif OMG! LOL! lachen.gif
It's even PINK inside!!!

buy mesh from MNPCTECH, they round and hex mesh styles.

http://www.mnpctech.com/moddersmesh.html

Otherwise performance-pcs.com has different styles as well (scroll through the pages):

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=130_314

thumb.gif
POLARIS
(14 items)
 
Red Alert SR-1
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k 4.5Ghz 1.25v AsRock z77E-ITX XFX Reference 2GB 6950 1015/1500 1.255v 8gb Gskill Trident X 2400 C10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Ek Supreme HF White Acetal/EK FC 6970 Windows 7 Dell U2913WM 2560x1080 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050w Caselabs Mercury S3 Logitech G500 Fiio E10k USB DAC 
Audio
Creative Aurvana Live! 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 BE (4.4Ghz @1.52v) NB @ 2870 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1 [F4] Dual Reference XFX 2GB 6950s (950/1437) 1.25v 8GB Gskill DDR3 1333 CL7 @1412 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Vertex II 60GB, 2x Caviar Black EK Supreme HF, EK FC 6970 Windows 7 Ultimate Alienware AW2210 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair 650TX Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
POLARIS
(14 items)
 
Red Alert SR-1
(14 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 3570k 4.5Ghz 1.25v AsRock z77E-ITX XFX Reference 2GB 6950 1015/1500 1.255v 8gb Gskill Trident X 2400 C10 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 830 128GB Ek Supreme HF White Acetal/EK FC 6970 Windows 7 Dell U2913WM 2560x1080 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Cooler Master Silent Pro Hybrid 1050w Caselabs Mercury S3 Logitech G500 Fiio E10k USB DAC 
Audio
Creative Aurvana Live! 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 955 BE (4.4Ghz @1.52v) NB @ 2870 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Rev. 1.1 [F4] Dual Reference XFX 2GB 6950s (950/1437) 1.25v 8GB Gskill DDR3 1333 CL7 @1412 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Vertex II 60GB, 2x Caviar Black EK Supreme HF, EK FC 6970 Windows 7 Ultimate Alienware AW2210 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair 650TX Cooler Master Storm Scout Logitech G9 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24887 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue1266 View Post

lachen.gif Come on silly!!! lachen.gif They are all 'PINK' inside!!!! thumbsupsmiley.png

QFT lol
Thanos
(12 items)
 
Benchy
(15 items)
 
Aspire 5755g
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600k @ 4.6 Asus Z170 deluxe MSI 980ti twin frozr 6G 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb Samsung 850 pro Be Quiet dark rock pro 3 Windows 10 64bit 23 inch Samsung SA3000 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Qpad Mk 85 Corsair HX750 Fractal Arc Midi R2 Corsair M65 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz HT on 24/7 GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 MSI 7970 [2PMD3GD5] @ 1270/1900 4x 4gb Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
3x WD GREEN 500GB 128gb OCZ agility 3 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S22A350H Qpad mk-85 (Cherry Red switches) Corsair HX750 Handmade Test Bench 
MouseAudio
X7 (I didn't buy it) Plantronics Gamecom 780's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670QM Bios unlocked NVIDIA GT540M (OC GT55M Speed) 8gb 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD 750gb Samsung 840 pro SSD Removed for SSD! what cooling? burning 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 7 x64 home premium 15.6" HD LED clinky stylee touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
Thanos
(12 items)
 
Benchy
(15 items)
 
Aspire 5755g
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 6600k @ 4.6 Asus Z170 deluxe MSI 980ti twin frozr 6G 8gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 @ 3000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256gb Samsung 850 pro Be Quiet dark rock pro 3 Windows 10 64bit 23 inch Samsung SA3000 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Qpad Mk 85 Corsair HX750 Fractal Arc Midi R2 Corsair M65 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.5Ghz HT on 24/7 GA-Z68X-UD5-B3 MSI 7970 [2PMD3GD5] @ 1270/1900 4x 4gb Corsair XMS3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
3x WD GREEN 500GB 128gb OCZ agility 3 Noctua NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung S22A350H Qpad mk-85 (Cherry Red switches) Corsair HX750 Handmade Test Bench 
MouseAudio
X7 (I didn't buy it) Plantronics Gamecom 780's 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670QM Bios unlocked NVIDIA GT540M (OC GT55M Speed) 8gb 1333MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD 750gb Samsung 840 pro SSD Removed for SSD! what cooling? burning 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Windows 7 x64 home premium 15.6" HD LED clinky stylee touchpad 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24888 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by AliasOfMyself View Post

Hey scouts! smile.gif
i got a little curious about the audio controller i've had attached two the 4 UV cathodes i have in my scout, i wanted to remove one set of cathodes and an inverter, and wire my 60cm Phobya strip of UV UMD led's to one of the audio controllers power outputs instead.. thankfully the audio controller outputs both operate on the 12v rail and not the 5v rail, same thing goes for the Phobya led strip, so all i had to do in the end was cut the plug off one of the audio controller outputs and wire it to the existing molex on the led strip and hey presto, a full 60cm strip of sound reactive led's and a pair of cathodes that are still sound reactive too, and it looks soooo much better smile.gif
just thought i'd post a small update, will do a video of the result when i get time smile.gif

Very specool.gif... I'll bet they look great in the case...
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkstar585 View Post

QFT lol

LOL!!!! thumbsupsmiley.png
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24889 of 28613
Hey All,

Updated Status as of 03/09/12 of my "Storm Scout" LanPC..
I had some problems with the ASRock 970 MB and after contacting ASRock they had me RMA the board. I seem to have a board with bad sata ports.
I decided changed out my MB and CPU with a Core i5 2500k and ASRock Z68 Extreme 4.

LanPC as it sits today:
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout
MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.2Ghz with vcore@ 1.34volts (stable with prime running for 8 hrs)
GPU: XFX 2GB HD 6950
PSU: Cooler Master GX750
RAM: Corsair Vengenace 8GB DDR3 1600
HD: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD (OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB Sata3 (data drive)
Cooling: Replaced all the stock fans that came with the case to Cooler Master Sickle 120mm Front & Side Panel, 140mm Top
CPU Cooling: Corsair H60 in push/pull with Cooler Master Sickle 120mm (rear of case)
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe

Pics of how the system sits now. I redid some of the cable management, that red sata cable you see zip tided to the back is for the front eSata port but I don't use it to I didn't connect it.
700
700

SSD Benchmark
514

Sorry the pics are from my iphone. I haven't had a chance to get better pics..
Royal Burple
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
intel i7 3820 asus Sabertooth x79 xfx 6950 XFX 6950 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeanace Corsair Force 3 SSD  Lite on Blu-Ray Burner Customer Water Cooling 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus 24" LED Asus 24" LED Asus 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TH10 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.2Ghz Sapphire Pure Black P67 Zotac nVidia GTX470 Corsair Vengenace 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force 3 SSD  Western Digital Black Edition  LG Blu-Ray Burner Swiftech, Danger Den, XSPC, Primochill, Bitspower 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VE249H LED Asus VE249H LED Asus VE249H LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D (modded) Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Razr  Logitech  
  hide details  
Reply
Royal Burple
(17 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
intel i7 3820 asus Sabertooth x79 xfx 6950 XFX 6950 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeanace Corsair Force 3 SSD  Lite on Blu-Ray Burner Customer Water Cooling 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus 24" LED Asus 24" LED Asus 24" LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 Corsair AX1200 Case Labs TH10 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Razer  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.2Ghz Sapphire Pure Black P67 Zotac nVidia GTX470 Corsair Vengenace 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Force 3 SSD  Western Digital Black Edition  LG Blu-Ray Burner Swiftech, Danger Den, XSPC, Primochill, Bitspower 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Asus VE249H LED Asus VE249H LED Asus VE249H LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D (modded) Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Razr  Logitech  
  hide details  
Reply
post #24890 of 28613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by solara2xb View Post

Hey All,

Updated Status as of 03/09/12 of my "Storm Scout" LanPC..
I had some problems with the ASRock 970 MB and after contacting ASRock they had me RMA the board. I seem to have a board with bad sata ports.
I decided changed out my MB and CPU with a Core i5 2500k and ASRock Z68 Extreme 4.

LanPC as it sits today:
Case: Cooler Master Storm Scout
MB: ASRock Z68 Extreme 4
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k OC to 4.2Ghz with vcore@ 1.34volts (stable with prime running for 8 hrs)
GPU: XFX 2GB HD 6950
PSU: Cooler Master GX750
RAM: Corsair Vengenace 8GB DDR3 1600
HD: Corsair Force 3 120GB SSD (OS), Seagate Barracuda 1TB Sata3 (data drive)
Cooling: Replaced all the stock fans that came with the case to Cooler Master Sickle 120mm Front & Side Panel, 140mm Top
CPU Cooling: Corsair H60 in push/pull with Cooler Master Sickle 120mm (rear of case)
Optical Drive: Samsung DVD-RW
Sound Card: Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCIe

Pics of how the system sits now. I redid some of the cable management, that red sata cable you see zip tided to the back is for the front eSata port but I don't use it to I didn't connect it.
700
700

SSD Benchmark
514

Sorry the pics are from my iphone. I haven't had a chance to get better pics..

What sata port do you have your ssd plugged in to? Your speeds are way too slow, you want that ssd plugged into the intel controller.

The back looks great but you cheated by having all the PSU wires in the front. Any reason you went this route? It would look much cleaner if you route them behind the MB tray. Then if you get a PSU and HDD cover, it would look great.
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club