Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 2497

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #24961 of 28613
Thread Starter 
Got a new toy on the way.

700
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233262

This thing better work on a Raid drive, from NVELO's web site

Dataplex is the most robust and highest performance cache solutions in the industry, with support for:

Any Intel & AMD platforms
No Chipset limitations
All SATA modes: IDE, AHCI, RAID
Existing drivers: MS AHCI, Intel RST, AMD
SATA2, SATA3, mSATA, or PCIe Interface
SLC or MLC SSD's
No SSD capacity limitations
Write-Back and Write-Around cache policies
WHQL tested
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24962 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

Looking good, bother! What type of GFlop/sec are you getting? Here is the real question, are you going to OC the board to get even more? I know in the past you could bump the voltage on the NB a tic or two to get more out of the AMD's not sure if that holds true anymore. I'm loosing touch with AMD they really need to pull something out of their hat soon, maybe with their next line of chips, here is to hoping the BD is a stepping stone for their next big thing.

Well, first off; these were all just Crash and Burn overclocks... I never expected this 975 would reach these numbers! biggrin.gif
I was O.C'ing this CPU in full hole number jump's!!! (1-2) (2-3) Ect with just the multiplier...
Everything else was on 'Auto'!
If you notice, my voltage took a jump but that wasn't me. It readjusted it-self... The first time I came out of BIO's with the
multi- at '22'. Right when I got to the 'Welcome Screen', it popped and restarted it self. This second time it went all the way
through to my desktop. Then I clicked on CPU-Z and my voltage showed it was around 15-20% higher. Then I first ran
IntelBurn (set at standard load with 15 pass's), and then I ran Orthos for 20mins!!!
Sorry 'GoodInk'! To answer your question.. Well, when the multi- was at 20, my GFlop was around 46.040-46.250..
Not sure what my GFlops were at the last couple of bumps in my multi-..
Yeah, that's what I mean!!! I left everything else alone; left the rest on Auto....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

Got a new toy on the way. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) This thing better work on a Raid drive, from NVELO's web site
Dataplex is the most robust and highest performance cache solutions in the industry, with support for:
Any Intel & AMD platforms
No Chipset limitations
All SATA modes: IDE, AHCI, RAID
Existing drivers: MS AHCI, Intel RST, AMD
SATA2, SATA3, mSATA, or PCIe Interface
SLC or MLC SSD's
No SSD capacity limitations
Write-Back and Write-Around cache policies
WHQL tested

Nice Toy!!! specool.gif I think one of those will be mine soon!!thumb.gif
Edited by Rogue1266 - 3/30/12 at 12:14pm
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24963 of 28613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue1266 View Post

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

Looking good, bother! What type of GFlop/sec are you getting? Here is the real question, are you going to OC the board to get even more? I know in the past you could bump the voltage on the NB a tic or two to get more out of the AMD's not sure if that holds true anymore. I'm loosing touch with AMD they really need to pull something out of their hat soon, maybe with their next line of chips, here is to hoping the BD is a stepping stone for their next big thing.

Well, first off; these were all just Crash and Burn overclocks... I never expected this 975 would reach these numbers! biggrin.gif
I was O.C'ing this CPU in full hole number jump's!!! (1-2) (2-3) Ect with just the multiplier...
Everything else was on 'Auto'!
If you notice, my voltage took a jump but that wasn't me. It readjusted it-self... The first time I came out of BIO's with the
multi- at '22'. Right when I got to the 'Welcome Screen', it popped and restarted it self. This second time it went all the way
through to my desktop. Then I clicked on CPU-Z and my voltage showed it was around 15-20% higher. Then I first ran
IntelBurn (set at standard load with 15 pass's), and then I ran Orthos for 20mins!!!
Sorry 'GoodInk'! To answer your question.. Well, when the multi- was at 20, my GFlop was around 46.040-46.250..
Not sure what my GFlops were at the last couple of bumps in my multi-..
Yeah, that's what I mean!!! I left everything else alone; left the rest on Auto....
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

Got a new toy on the way. Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) This thing better work on a Raid drive, from NVELO's web site
Dataplex is the most robust and highest performance cache solutions in the industry, with support for:
Any Intel & AMD platforms
No Chipset limitations
All SATA modes: IDE, AHCI, RAID
Existing drivers: MS AHCI, Intel RST, AMD
SATA2, SATA3, mSATA, or PCIe Interface
SLC or MLC SSD's
No SSD capacity limitations
Write-Back and Write-Around cache policies
WHQL tested

Nice Toy!!! specool.gif I think one of those will be mine soon!!thumb.gif

I can't wait! For the people that don't know what this SSD is about, it like using the Intel Smart Response Technology but you don't have to do a clean install and works on any MB! Be aware you can not use them on drive larger that 2TB's! I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade my system now, I might be able to hold off for one more generation of CPU's and GPU's

BTW
I got bored and had some Di-Noc still and did this. I love the looks and the way it feels.
Mouse01.JPG?psid=1
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24964 of 28613
Ok, I'm going a little offtopic.gif here but has anyone noticed; thinking.gif we sure are
getting close to page '2500'!!!! WOW... thumbsupsmiley.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

I can't wait! For the people that don't know what this SSD is about, it like using the Intel Smart Response Technology but you don't have to do a clean install and works on any MB! Be aware you can not use them on drive larger that 2TB's! I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade my system now, I might be able to hold off for one more generation of CPU's and GPU's

I was reading about this Drive the other day!!! If I find the article I'll post it up... thumb.gif (rolleyes.gif Well, it will be my first SSD I install, so I will definitely will be asking all kind's of question's in here with you all if I run into problems..... rolleyes.gif)

One of the Reviews on the SSD: Corsair Accelerator Series CSSD-C60GB 2.5" 60GB SATA II Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Edited by Rogue1266 - 3/30/12 at 8:42pm
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24965 of 28613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue1266 View Post

Ok, I'm going a little offtopic.gif here but has anyone noticed; thinking.gif we sure are
getting close to page '2500'!!!! WOW... thumbsupsmiley.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

I can't wait! For the people that don't know what this SSD is about, it like using the Intel Smart Response Technology but you don't have to do a clean install and works on any MB! Be aware you can not use them on drive larger that 2TB's! I'm hoping I won't have to upgrade my system now, I might be able to hold off for one more generation of CPU's and GPU's

I was reading about this Drive the other day!!! If I find the article I'll post it up... thumb.gif (rolleyes.gif Well, it will be my first SSD I install, so I will definitely will be asking all kind's of question's in here with you all if I run into problems..... rolleyes.gif)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

100 MORE TO GO!!!!!!

I sure have thumb.gif
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24966 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodInk View Post

Looking good, bother! What type of GFlop/sec are you getting? Here is the real question, are you going to OC the board to get even more? I know in the past you could bump the voltage on the NB a tic or two to get more out of the AMD's not sure if that holds true anymore. I'm loosing touch with AMD they really need to pull something out of their hat soon, maybe with their next line of chips, here is to hoping the BD is a stepping stone for their next big thing.
I know that XSPC's spec's on their website are spot on.
http://www.xs-pc.com/products/radiators/
What kit are you thinking of getting and I'm guessing CPU only loop?

I'm pretty much set on the XSPC Rasa 240 kit seen here:
http://www.xoxide.com/xspc-rasa750rs240-watercoolingkit.html

For now, just the CPU loop. Eventually I'll add in the Danger Den GTX580 block.

The specs on their XSPC's site say its 10.9 inches tall and I have approx 12" from PSU to the front of the case. I'm thinking I might do a bottom mount on the radiator with a false floor covering it and the PSU. If possible (I'm about to check) I can cut out the front intake area (I've seen most ppl do this for better airflow anyway) and mount a thin 120mm fan to the front of the false floor as intake.

Something like this:
Photobucket
"Beasters"
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 EVGA GTX580 SC G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 Western Digital Black Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Hanspree HF259H Coolermaster GX650 Coolermaster Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
"Beasters"
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 EVGA GTX580 SC G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 Western Digital Black Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Hanspree HF259H Coolermaster GX650 Coolermaster Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24967 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by unifiedfall View Post

The specs on their XSPC's site say its 10.9 inches tall and I have approx 12" from PSU to the front of the case. I'm thinking I might do a bottom mount on the radiator with a false floor covering it and the PSU. If possible (I'm about to check) I can cut out the front intake area (I've seen most ppl do this for better airflow anyway) and mount a thin 120mm fan to the front of the false floor as intake.
Something like this:
Photobucket

thinking.gif This would be a great concept to put into effect... thumb.gif Love to see this in it's physical form!! specool.gif

thumb.gif "unifiedfall"= I can cut out the front intake area (I've seen most ppl do this for better airflow anyway).... thumb.gif

Most of us have cut out the front for better air flow; as well as the back 120 Exhaust and the top fan port. thumbsupsmiley.png That's one of the thing's I'm modding is ( well, mine are cut out already) all my fan ports. Cleaning up all the opening's and trimming them. <<( some kind of rubber edging) Give my 'SCOUT'
a better look on all the openings!!! thumbsupsmiley.png


Edited by Rogue1266 - 3/30/12 at 8:38pm
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
RogueSpear
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x 4, 975 B.E.-Deneb 3.6Ghz Stock ... GA-990FXA-UD3 Ultra Durable  Gigabyte-Ultra-Durable-AMD Radeon HD 6800 Serie... 16 gigs of G-Skill, RipJaw 4x4,DDR3-12800 (1600... 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1#TOSHIBA Q300 SSD 120GB / 2# WD,C.B. 500GB / ... 1 Samsung's HD DVD 54x Re-Writer Corsair Hydro Series H80i High Performance Liqu... Dr.1# Win 7Ult 64bit /Dr.2# Win 7 Ult 64bit /Dr... 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2408h HDMI '24'inch "1400X900" 1 Microsoft- Sidewinder X 6  OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ700FTY 700W ATX12V COOLER MASTER "Storm Scout" 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech CRB (center ball) Wrist Gel pad MoBo's Stock Sound Chip 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24968 of 28613
You want more intake than exhaust so air is being pushed out any nooks or crannies, rather than air coming in them, along with dust, dirtying your case. The downside is that you'll need filters on all the intakes to stop dust in the first place. If you vacuum and clean the filters regularly, it shouldn't be a problem.
post #24969 of 28613
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by linkin93 View Post

You want more intake than exhaust so air is being pushed out any nooks or crannies, rather than air coming in them, along with dust, dirtying your case. The downside is that you'll need filters on all the intakes to stop dust in the first place. If you vacuum and clean the filters regularly, it shouldn't be a problem.

Or get one of these and never use compressed air again. You can clean a PC out in seconds with this. Just never use it as a vacuum if you are going to use it to blow PC's out.
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Potentia et Decor
(16 items)
 
 
Project Trooper
(7 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Black WD Green Asus BR XSPC RX 360 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC Rasa CPU Block EK-Reservoir/Pump Combo DCP 4.0 Windows 7 64bit LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 Cooler Master 850watt SilentPro Lian Li A70F Logitech G9 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 ASUS Maximus III Formula Powercolor LCS 5870  OCZ Reaper 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
WD Black  XSPC Rasa RS240 kit plus RX120 Win 7 64 LG 27" Flatron W2753V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 CM 850 SilentPro CM Scout Logitech MX 518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24970 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue1266 View Post

thinking.gif This would be a great concept to put into effect... thumb.gif Love to see this in it's physical form!! specool.gif
thumb.gif "unifiedfall"= I can cut out the front intake area (I've seen most ppl do this for better airflow anyway).... thumb.gif
Most of us have cut out the front for better air flow; as well as the back 120 Exhaust and the top fan port. thumbsupsmiley.png That's one of the thing's I'm modding is ( well, mine are cut out already) all my fan ports. Cleaning up all the opening's and trimming them. <<( some kind of rubber edging) Give my 'SCOUT'
a better look on all the openings!!! thumbsupsmiley.png


Thank you! I can't wait to get started! I think I might build the false floor and remove the HDD case sometimes this weekend actually...

As for your fan ports, I would try this stuff right here:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=130_132_1014&products_id=1877

That's what I used to do the molding on my panel window and it works great!

Did some measuring this morning and I tweaked my idea slightly. have 3.5" from case floor to the top of the PSU. The radiator is 1.4" thick (approx) and the 120mm fans I'm going to use are 1" thick (approx) each. That just about fills the 3.5" gap biggrin.gif

So basically this is what we're looking at now.

Photobucket


My only question is if I should have the air flowing from inside the case down with two 80mm intake fans in front, or from the bottom of the case (ambient temps) up and scrap the intake fans?
Edited by unifiedfall - 3/31/12 at 10:02am
"Beasters"
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 EVGA GTX580 SC G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 Western Digital Black Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Hanspree HF259H Coolermaster GX650 Coolermaster Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
"Beasters"
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5 2500k Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 EVGA GTX580 SC G. Skill Ripjaw 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 3 Western Digital Black Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit 
MonitorPowerCase
Hanspree HF259H Coolermaster GX650 Coolermaster Storm Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club