Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 272

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #2711 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkev View Post
Ehh I'm not diggin on the Sniper too much. One case I am more then tempted to try is the Panzerbox. Now that's a case with airflow.
The panzerbox is nice but since the PSU mounts vertically, it doesn't allow clearance for large, aftermarket GPU coolers. And cable management won't be too good. Those were my reasons for getting my old Storm Scout over it.
Skylake
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-i7 6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 M.2 SAMSUNG 850 EVO Corsair H100i Windows 10 
PowerCase
SeaSonic G-750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-i7 6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 M.2 SAMSUNG 850 EVO Corsair H100i Windows 10 
PowerCase
SeaSonic G-750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2712 of 28613
Hey guys, I have a question.
I have this case and I am wondering about the coolermaster PSU I have.
Right now the cables are on the right side of the case (not againts the motherboard) with the fan facing up. Would it cause any type of harm if I turned the PSU around, so that the fan is facing down?
5150
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 3x2 Cosair 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 640g Windows 7 64x Acer F-22 Cooler Master 700w 
Case
Cooler Master Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
5150
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 3x2 Cosair 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 640g Windows 7 64x Acer F-22 Cooler Master 700w 
Case
Cooler Master Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2713 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
Hey guys, I have a question.
I have this case and I am wondering about the coolermaster PSU I have.
Right now the cables are on the right side of the case (not againts the motherboard) with the fan facing up. Would it cause any type of harm if I turned the PSU around, so that the fan is facing down?
It whopuld do no harm at all, alot of the folks here goes that way, me myself aswell
post #2714 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by MlbrottarN View Post
It whopuld do no harm at all, alot of the folks here goes that way, me myself aswell
There will not be an issue with pushing heat out with that little space between the case and the floor?
5150
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 3x2 Cosair 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 640g Windows 7 64x Acer F-22 Cooler Master 700w 
Case
Cooler Master Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
5150
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe V2 EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 SC 3x2 Cosair 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Black 640g Windows 7 64x Acer F-22 Cooler Master 700w 
Case
Cooler Master Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2715 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
There will not be an issue with pushing heat out with that little space between the case and the floor?
The fan sucks air into the PSU and blows it out the Perforated area on the back, and when mounted fan down it takes air in from the precut hole with an airfilter on the floor
post #2716 of 28613
Mine is backwards too.. there is enough air flow at the top to not worry about the temps coming from the PSU which is very little unless your running it at 90 Load or more.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 BE ASUS M3A32-MVP DELUXE Wifi Sapphire 5770x2 Crossfire 4 Gb. of G.Skill 5-5-5-15 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD 60g OS. 500GB + 300 GB VelociRaptor 10000 rpm PLEXTOR PX-850SA Windows 7 Professional SAMSUNG 920 BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg HX1000 Watt Corsair modular CM STACKER ENIGMA EDITION Microsoft SideWinder Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Black Leather with grey stitching 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 940 BE ASUS M3A32-MVP DELUXE Wifi Sapphire 5770x2 Crossfire 4 Gb. of G.Skill 5-5-5-15 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
SSD 60g OS. 500GB + 300 GB VelociRaptor 10000 rpm PLEXTOR PX-850SA Windows 7 Professional SAMSUNG 920 BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek Cyborg HX1000 Watt Corsair modular CM STACKER ENIGMA EDITION Microsoft SideWinder Gaming Mouse 
Mouse Pad
Black Leather with grey stitching 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2717 of 28613
I turned mine around with the fan facing up. And my system temp increased by about 5 degrees. I think it is sucking in a lot of the air my side panel fan is bringing in.
post #2718 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by K10 View Post
The panzerbox is nice but since the PSU mounts vertically, it doesn't allow clearance for large, aftermarket GPU coolers. And cable management won't be too good. Those were my reasons for getting my old Storm Scout over it.
Ya that is true. But as far as cable management, it's nothing a dremel can't fix.
post #2719 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkev View Post
I turned mine around with the fan facing up. And my system temp increased by about 5 degrees. I think it is sucking in a lot of the air my side panel fan is bringing in.
Oh dang i might have to turn mine around to check the difference in case temp. I didnt know it made that much of a difference.
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2720 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imh073p View Post
Oh dang i might have to turn mine around to check the difference in case temp. I didnt know it made that much of a difference.
Ya me either. But the intake fan on my PSU is 140mm and my side panel intake fan sits right above it.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club