Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 2837

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #28361 of 28613
Looking good guys thumb.gif
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28362 of 28613
Just thought I would post a quick update...

Finally got my eVGA GTX 770 FTW 4GB Card and installed it.

It just barely fits inside the original Storm Scout.

But I did have a minor problem.

The primary PCIe Slot on my particular motherboard is positioned just below the 5.25 bays on the Case, so its just behind the HDD/SSD Cage and lined up with the SATA Connectors on the Mobo.

Along that particular route is where I had my primary Power Cable from the PSU secured and it had to run over the SATA plugs connected to the Mobo, which meant in just that one spot, the power cord was not pressed flush back against the case and in fact could not be, so long as the sata plugs were there. So the power cord blocked the rear of the Video card from being pushed down completely so the Video Card itself would not sit into its slot properly.

Yea I know, hard to explain without pics, I'll try to get some eventually.... but suffice it to say, I supply had to reroute main power cable so it looped around the front of the GPU and back in, to plug into the Mobo.

I plan to replace this particular PSU rather soon though actually, planning to get the new eVGA G2 750w as soon as they're available in the U.S.; then hopefully I can get rid of this crappy Tr2 RX that I have, go "full" modular, and redo my cabling.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
MOS Technology 6502B @ 1.79mhz! Atari XL Series 8bit w/ 24K ROM ANTIC/CTIA - Color Television Interface Adaptor 64K RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Atari 1050 5½ Floppy Disk Drive Atari 1050 5½ Floppy Disk Drive Atari 1010 Cassette Deck Tape Drive One 12" A/C Desk Fan. 
OSOSOSMonitor
DOS 3.0 on 5½ Floppy Disk!! Atari BASIC on 24k ROM!! Atari BASIC Cartridge!! Samsung 32" LCD Television 
KeyboardAudio
Built-In Television Audio! 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
MOS Technology 6502B @ 1.79mhz! Atari XL Series 8bit w/ 24K ROM ANTIC/CTIA - Color Television Interface Adaptor 64K RAM 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Atari 1050 5½ Floppy Disk Drive Atari 1050 5½ Floppy Disk Drive Atari 1010 Cassette Deck Tape Drive One 12" A/C Desk Fan. 
OSOSOSMonitor
DOS 3.0 on 5½ Floppy Disk!! Atari BASIC on 24k ROM!! Atari BASIC Cartridge!! Samsung 32" LCD Television 
KeyboardAudio
Built-In Television Audio! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28363 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjc75 View Post

Just thought I would post a quick update...

Finally got my eVGA GTX 770 FTW 4GB Card and installed it.

It just barely fits inside the original Storm Scout.

But I did have a minor problem.

The primary PCIe Slot on my particular motherboard is positioned just below the 5.25 bays on the Case, so its just behind the HDD/SSD Cage and lined up with the SATA Connectors on the Mobo.

Along that particular route is where I had my primary Power Cable from the PSU secured and it had to run over the SATA plugs connected to the Mobo, which meant in just that one spot, the power cord was not pressed flush back against the case and in fact could not be, so long as the sata plugs were there. So the power cord blocked the rear of the Video card from being pushed down completely so the Video Card itself would not sit into its slot properly.

Yea I know, hard to explain without pics, I'll try to get some eventually.... but suffice it to say, I supply had to reroute main power cable so it looped around the front of the GPU and back in, to plug into the Mobo.

I plan to replace this particular PSU rather soon though actually, planning to get the new eVGA G2 750w as soon as they're available in the U.S.; then hopefully I can get rid of this crappy Tr2 RX that I have, go "full" modular, and redo my cabling.

The only real solution to your problem is to try and get the 24-pin routed through the top hole. Unfortunately though the only 24-pin cables that fit are the ones like Seasonic makes where the PSU end is split into two different connectors since you have to feed the PSU end through the hole in order to get it to fit.
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28364 of 28613
The Storm Scout 2 has been sold out for a while at NewEgg, and they're not even carrying it anymore at TigerDirect. I hope its not discontinued. Seems you can still get it on ebay at least.
post #28365 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodimusConvoy View Post

The Storm Scout 2 has been sold out for a while at NewEgg, and they're not even carrying it anymore at TigerDirect. I hope its not discontinued. Seems you can still get it on ebay at least.

I don't think it's been discontinued since the auto-notify button is still on Newegg and their Canadian counter part has some stock but it doesn't seem like they're offering any other colour than black for some reason.
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
The Fortress
(17 items)
 
Black Mamba
(14 items)
 
The Black Pearl
(25 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i3 4130 Gigabyte B85M-D3H Sapphire HD6950 1GB 8 GB of Corsair Vengeance lp  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB Intel Stock Cooler Windows 8.1 64 Bit LG 24EN43VS-B 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech K350 Seasonic G-Series 550W  Silverstone PS07B Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM200 Compact Harmon Kardon 2.1 Audio 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28366 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Branish View Post

I don't think it's been discontinued since the auto-notify button is still on Newegg and their Canadian counter part has some stock but it doesn't seem like they're offering any other colour than black for some reason.

What's really bizarre is if you go to the NewEgg website and put "Storm Scout 2" in their search engine, it'll turn up the Storm Scout 2, Item # N82E16811119263, that's out of stock...

But if you go to Google, put "Storm Scout 2" in the search engine, one of the hits is for a Storm Storm 2 at NewEgg. When you click on that link, its for Item #N82E16811119295, which is in stock, and slightly more expensive than the out of stock one. But you can only pull it up by going to Google first (or putting that item number in the search engine).

Weird. But hey, get 'em while they last!
post #28367 of 28613
So i have a scout 2 with an evga x58 sli3 board (link for board pic https://www.evga.com/files/Image/58804/132-BL-E758-A1_XL_5.jpg) in it and i have one of the big cooler master v8 coolers on my cpu atm. (My old build outta my old tower) I was wanting to use some sort of water cooler (h60 h80i etc...) to cool the processor instead of that big v8 tower hanging out in there to help air flow... im having some heat issues with my north bridge and i need to re apply paste i believe to it but i was wanting to also help with air flow as well. my problem with rear mounting a radiator is there is a taller heat sink at the back of the case on the motherboard that gets in the way. Would the h80i fit in the top of the case just in push or pull? i know i could do h100i up top but id rather not lose the handle. also im open to thinner airflow coolers as well. Figured i'd ask for help here before ordering something. thanks in advance.
Edited by JR1de57 - 3/25/14 at 4:51am
post #28368 of 28613
I guess while we're on the subject of coolers:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103100

I think it should fit in the Storm Scout 2, right?
post #28369 of 28613
i cant tell if you're sarcastic or not confused.gif

but if you were, I've seen the Noctua NH-D14 fit inside a stormscout2.
post #28370 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildblade View Post

i cant tell if you're sarcastic or not confused.gif

but if you were, I've seen the Noctua NH-D14 fit inside a stormscout2.

If that was to me, no, I'm serious. It looks like a good cooler. I'll just have to do some searching for it now, but its still available at some places besides TigerDirect and NewEgg.

EDIT: Ah Performance-PCs.com has it.
Edited by RodimusConvoy - 3/26/14 at 6:25pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club