Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 540

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #5391 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma8750 View Post
Hey Guys.
Please Remember to Vote
For your Favorite 2 Mods
of the Dec/ Jan Months.
Gen. Enigma and Major Photonmoo
Are both competeing on this
one and They would both
love your support.
Go SCOUTS

Thanks Uncle

Hopefully we'll finish combined winners , but lol doesn't look to good already for us
CM Storm Scout
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE Asus M3N HT Deluxe Mempipe XFX Radeon 5770 1GB 8GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 1TB + 2x 640GB + 74GB RAPTOR + 2x 320GB DVDRW Win XP 32bit, WIN 7 64bit 24" Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 750watt CM Storm Scout Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
CM Storm Scout
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE Asus M3N HT Deluxe Mempipe XFX Radeon 5770 1GB 8GB DDR2 1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x 1TB + 2x 640GB + 74GB RAPTOR + 2x 320GB DVDRW Win XP 32bit, WIN 7 64bit 24" Acer 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 750watt CM Storm Scout Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5392 of 28613
Hey Folks
I've ordered all the parts for my first build, and will be going home on Friday to pick them up! This includes a Storm Scout, so I guess you could add me to the club

The stuff in my sig is what I ordered, and I just have a few quick questions.

1. Should I mount the PSU fan intaking from the case, or from the bottom hole for it? If it matters, the computer will be on a desk for now, but probably on carpet this summer and I don't know what it will be on after that.
2. If/when the computer is on carpet, should I place a proportionate size piece of plywood or something underneath it, or doesn't it matter if it's directly on carpet?
3. Should I get an additional fan for the side panel, or doesn't it actually do much for cooling? I'll likely add a second card after a year or so.
4. Any recommendations on which way (horizontal/vertical) to mount my cpu cooler, or does it just fit one way?

Thanks a bunch for any help; I can use all the experience and advice I can get!
Btw I'll be sure to post some pics once it's all done, hopefully within a week if all goes well.
My Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 @ 3.3 GHz MSI P55-GD65 XFX Radeon HD 4890 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB WD Caviar Black 7200 Lite-On Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech LX 710 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W CM Storm Scout Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 @ 3.3 GHz MSI P55-GD65 XFX Radeon HD 4890 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB WD Caviar Black 7200 Lite-On Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech LX 710 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W CM Storm Scout Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5393 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveLake08 View Post
Hey Folks
I've ordered all the parts for my first build, and will be going home on Friday to pick them up! This includes a Storm Scout, so I guess you could add me to the club

The stuff in my sig is what I ordered, and I just have a few quick questions.

1. Should I mount the PSU fan intaking from the case, or from the bottom hole for it? If it matters, the computer will be on a desk for now, but probably on carpet this summer and I don't know what it will be on after that.
2. If/when the computer is on carpet, should I place a proportionate size piece of plywood or something underneath it, or doesn't it matter if it's directly on carpet?
3. Should I get an additional fan for the side panel, or doesn't it actually do much for cooling? I'll likely add a second card after a year or so.
4. Any recommendations on which way (horizontal/vertical) to mount my cpu cooler, or does it just fit one way?

Thanks a bunch for any help; I can use all the experience and advice I can get!
Btw I'll be sure to post some pics once it's all done, hopefully within a week if all goes well.
Cant wait too see them pic's!

The only thing i can answer for you is #3
I highly recommend getting a side fan, i SLI
2 8800gts's and they used to run around 70c,
after i installed my side fan they went down to
52c!

The Scout!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.8 MSI NF980-G65 (2) 8800gts 512 4GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Seagate Windows 7, basic 64bit (2) 22" Acer 750 Corsair 
Case
CM Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
The Scout!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE @ 3.8 MSI NF980-G65 (2) 8800gts 512 4GB G.Skill DDR3-1333 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Seagate Windows 7, basic 64bit (2) 22" Acer 750 Corsair 
Case
CM Scout 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5394 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarejc View Post
So am thinking of buying a dremel
and am wondering if this will do the job!

Here here
Dont know much about tools =\\

but i know you scout brothers will help me out!
That one looks great. Just be sure to get the good cut-off discs.
Skylake
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-i7 6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 M.2 SAMSUNG 850 EVO Corsair H100i Windows 10 
PowerCase
SeaSonic G-750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
Skylake
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core-i7 6700K ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX 970 4GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 4 32GB DDR4 2800 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
SAMSUNG SM951 M.2 SAMSUNG 850 EVO Corsair H100i Windows 10 
PowerCase
SeaSonic G-750 Fractal Design Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5395 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgarejc View Post
Cant wait too see them pic's!

The only thing i can answer for you is #3
I highly recommend getting a side fan, i SLI
2 8800gts's and they used to run around 70c,
after i installed my side fan they went down to
52c!

Wow I guess it's definitely worth the 10 dollars or so then
My Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 @ 3.3 GHz MSI P55-GD65 XFX Radeon HD 4890 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB WD Caviar Black 7200 Lite-On Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech LX 710 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W CM Storm Scout Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
My Build
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 750 @ 3.3 GHz MSI P55-GD65 XFX Radeon HD 4890 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaws 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1 TB WD Caviar Black 7200 Lite-On Windows 7 64 Bit Home Premium ASUS VH236H 23" 1080p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech LX 710 OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W CM Storm Scout Logitech G500 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5396 of 28613
Hey guys, quick update.

Put a foam barrier in the hole on the bezel. Tons of dust was still coming up from there. Someone else on this thread did something similar but i cant remember who it was to give them credit.


I cut out the tabs so the foam fit flush. I left the furthest 2 tabs to keep the foam in place



Then i tried to hide my pcie in the hdd cage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveLake08 View Post
1. Should I mount the PSU fan intaking from the case, or from the bottom hole for it? If it matters, the computer will be on a desk for now, but probably on carpet this summer and I don't know what it will be on after that.
2. If/when the computer is on carpet, should I place a proportionate size piece of plywood or something underneath it, or doesn't it matter if it's directly on carpet?
3. Should I get an additional fan for the side panel, or doesn't it actually do much for cooling? I'll likely add a second card after a year or so.
4. Any recommendations on which way (horizontal/vertical) to mount my cpu cooler, or does it just fit one way?
#1. I keep mine fan up to maintain negative case pressure because i have 3 intake fans and only 2 exhaust. Either way is fine, i prefer the fan down because it is filtered, stays cooler, looks cleaner and the cables are closer to the mobo tray.

#2. It will only matter if the psu fan is pointing down. In that case, ya i would put something under to hold it up so the psu gets some decent airflow.

#3. Heck ya

#4. I think it mounts in either orientation.
Edited by imh073p - 2/9/10 at 11:35am
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5397 of 28613
^ looks classy!
King state
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5820k MSI X99A Raider EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW Patriot Viper DDR4 3000MHz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 500GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG248QE24" 144Hz TN 3D  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2715H 27" 1440P IPS KBC Pok3r III ~CherryMX Red SeaSonic x-750 NZXT S340 ~White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX5818 SteelSeries Q+ FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
King state
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7-5820k MSI X99A Raider EVGA GTX 980 Ti FTW Patriot Viper DDR4 3000MHz (4x4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung EVO 500GB Corsair H110i GT Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG248QE24" 144Hz TN 3D  
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2715H 27" 1440P IPS KBC Pok3r III ~CherryMX Red SeaSonic x-750 NZXT S340 ~White 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech MX5818 SteelSeries Q+ FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5398 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imh073p View Post
Hey guys, quick update.

Put a foam barrier in the hole on the bezel. Tons of dust was still coming up from there. Someone else on this thread did something similar but i cant remember who it was to give them credit.


I cut out the tabs so the foam fit flush. I left the furthest 2 tabs to keep the foam in place



.
I'm foaming at the mouth, bum-bum, lol

Hows the positive pressure now?
Only ask as i had oodles of it then added a full filter to the front which seriously starved my fans givin me negative pressure, in the end i pulled the filter apart in layers untill my layer was thin enough to allow pos pressure again and thick enough to block teh dust.
Full filter, you can't really tell but its about 8mm thick, stripped a few layers away and its about3-4mm thick now


Foaming the front sides is good too as it makes sure all the air sucked in is coming from outside the front which eliminated some of the air being re-used from pulling some back on itself from inside the case



Had todo this as the front mesh was being covered in dust and the stock filters was'nt working very well as i was getting lots of dust on my cpu heatsink, ever since these mods theres next to no dust anywhere in my setup
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Lapped p2 940 @3800@1.47 gigabyte ma790x-ud3p gainward gtx 470 2x2gb hyperx @1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 80gb 7200rpm pioneer 112d ( external ) Vista 64bit, xp 32bit Samsung 3dtv c750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
standard wireless Ocz modxtreme 700 watt cm storm scout standard wireless 
Mouse Pad
Sofa 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Lapped p2 940 @3800@1.47 gigabyte ma790x-ud3p gainward gtx 470 2x2gb hyperx @1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 80gb 7200rpm pioneer 112d ( external ) Vista 64bit, xp 32bit Samsung 3dtv c750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
standard wireless Ocz modxtreme 700 watt cm storm scout standard wireless 
Mouse Pad
Sofa 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5399 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butmuncher View Post
I'm foaming at the mouth, bum-bum, lol

Hows the positive pressure now?
Only ask as i had oodles of it then added a full filter to the front which seriously starved my fans givin me negative pressure, in the end i pulled the filter apart in layers untill my layer was thin enough to allow pos pressure again and thick enough to block teh dust.
Full filter, you can't really tell but its about 8mm thick, stripped a few layers away and its about3-4mm thick now


Foaming the front sides is good too as it makes sure all the air sucked in is coming from outside the front which eliminated some of the air being re-used from pulling some back on itself from inside the case



Had todo this as the front mesh was being covered in dust and the stock filters was'nt working very well as i was getting lots of dust on my cpu heatsink, ever since these mods theres next to no dust anywhere in my setup


Hmm well i havnt noticed a difference yet, my temps are still the same so it looks like it didnt effect case pressure too much. Hopefully i get a reduction in dust. I have filters on my window so i know its not that. I really like your rig. Theres alot of unique ideas that you used. Way to think outside the box. rep+
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Old and busted
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 DO @ 4ghz EVGA X58 SLI LE EVGA GTX 570 12gb Gskill 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex Turbo 120gb,WDCB 500gbX2, 1tb, 2tb Sony DVDRW Win7 Ultimate x64 Retail 24"1920x1200, 37"1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech Illuminated Corsair TX850 w/unisleeve extentions NZXT Phantom--White Logitech G5 
Mouse Pad
Razer goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5400 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by imh073p View Post
Hmm well i havnt noticed a difference yet, my temps are still the same so it looks like it didnt effect case pressure too much. Hopefully i get a reduction in dust. I have filters on my window so i know its not that. I really like your rig. Theres alot of unique ideas that you used. Way to think outside the box. rep+
Yours is really nice too, it's good/fun todo a few things here and there to improve the case.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Lapped p2 940 @3800@1.47 gigabyte ma790x-ud3p gainward gtx 470 2x2gb hyperx @1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 80gb 7200rpm pioneer 112d ( external ) Vista 64bit, xp 32bit Samsung 3dtv c750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
standard wireless Ocz modxtreme 700 watt cm storm scout standard wireless 
Mouse Pad
Sofa 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Lapped p2 940 @3800@1.47 gigabyte ma790x-ud3p gainward gtx 470 2x2gb hyperx @1066 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
3x 80gb 7200rpm pioneer 112d ( external ) Vista 64bit, xp 32bit Samsung 3dtv c750 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
standard wireless Ocz modxtreme 700 watt cm storm scout standard wireless 
Mouse Pad
Sofa 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club