Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club - Page 796

Poll Results: What is your Overall Opinion on this case

 
  • 49% (927)
    Great
  • 30% (573)
    Good
  • 12% (226)
    Meh
  • 1% (27)
    Bad
  • 5% (108)
    SUX
1861 Total Votes  
post #7951 of 28613
wow, i guess i really should rethink which mobo to use...

i'm configuring a pc on cyberpower pc..so i really only have a choice of what they have in stock.
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7952 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta21 View Post
wow, i guess i really should rethink which mobo to use...

i'm configuring a pc on cyberpower pc..so i really only have a choice of what they have in stock.
Ooooooooh, if you're going to have someone build it, maybe you should consider Digital Storm, nobody is perfect but they are better. Or, tell me all the things you want, how much you can spend and I'll build it. Or, we can get you everything you need in the way of guides to do it yourself. It isn't that tough, I built my wifes Scout in about 4 hours (software not included in that time), and the CM Storm Scout is still the only case I've ever worked on without it drawing blood.

Don't go to Toms Hardware site right now, it crashed my browser 4 times.

Digital Storm: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/fo...pics.asp?FID=3 Sign up for access to thier forums, go to this thread, tell them BriSleep sent you, tell them how much you can afford, what you're using it for (games, photoshop, Cad/Cam, office work) & what your maximum monitor is going to be and they'll put a rig together. If you want the Scout make sure you say that or DST4ME is going to steer you away from it.

BTW, you can always click on my name, above my avatar & PM me (personal message).
Edited by BriSleep - 4/4/10 at 11:13pm
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7953 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriSleep View Post
Ooooooooh, if you're going to have someone build it, maybe you should consider Digital Storm, nobody is perfect but they are better. Or, tell me all the things you want, how much you can spend and I'll build it. Or, we can get you everything you need in the way of guides to do it yourself. It isn't that tough, I built my wifes Scout in about 4 hours (software not included in that time), and the CM Storm Scout is still the only case I've ever worked on without it drawing blood.

Don't go to Toms Hardware site right now, it crashed my browser 4 times.

Digital Storm: http://www.digitalstormonline.com/fo...pics.asp?FID=3 Sign up for access to thier forums, go to this thread, tell them BriSleep sent you, tell them how much you can afford, what you're using it for (games, photoshop, Cad/Cam, office work) & what your maximum monitor is going to be and they'll put a rig together. If you want the Scout make sure you say that or DST4ME is going to steer you away from it.
digital storm stuff is way out of my budget, thats why i chose cyberpower in the first place.

i got about 1200 to spend on the actual computer...and 330 for the graphics
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7954 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta21 View Post
digital storm stuff is way out of my budget, thats why i chose cyberpower in the first place.

i got about 1200 to spend on the actual computer...and 330 for the graphics
Why don't you go AMD then? They cost a lot less and you can get 4 or soon 6 cores and everyone that regularly posts here can help you put it together. It's much easier than it seems. I'm not too good at configuring AMD's but a lot of these guys are. You also could go with a p55 board or there's the whole i-3, i-5, i-7 route. I know the average AMD rig with this case is less than $1000-.

How about these guys?? http://www.ballisticgamingpc.com/gaming-computers.html
Edited by BriSleep - 4/4/10 at 11:24pm
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7955 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriSleep View Post
Why don't you go AMD then? They cost a lot less and you can get 4 or soon 6 cores and everyone that regularly posts here can help you put it together. It's much easier than it seems. I'm not too good at configuring AMD's but a lot of these guys are. You also could go with a p55 board or there's the whole i-3, i-5, i-7 route. I know the average AMD rig with this case is less than $1000-.
i can put one together...however i hate doing it ><

thats my problem, is there something really bad about cyberpower pc?
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7956 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta21 View Post
i can put one together...however i hate doing it ><

thats my problem, is there something really bad about cyberpower pc?
Yeah, ibuypower and cyberpowerpc both have really bad customer support. Check out thier BBB listings and ask on other forums. Just do a search in Google for Cyberpower customer relations.

What city & state are you in, one of us may be near you. I know I (for 1) could build you a good rig, stay in your budget and you'd have all the guarantees that come with the equipment you buy.

As usual, with a minimum of effort I can link you to examples: http://www.ballisticgamingpc.com/gaming-computers.html
This is 3 years ago but typical of what I've heard: http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...om-c39072.html
http://www.resellerratings.com/forum...wer-com-2.html
Edited by BriSleep - 4/4/10 at 11:34pm
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7957 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by BriSleep View Post
Yeah, ibuypower and cyberpowerpc both have really bad customer support. Check out thier BBB listings and ask on other forums. Just do a search in Google for Cyberpower customer relations.

What city & state are you in, one of us may be near you. I know I (for 1) could build you a good rig, stay in your budget and you'd have all the guarantees that come with the equipment you buy.

As usual, with a minimum of effort I can link you to examples: http://www.ballisticgamingpc.com/gaming-computers.html
This is 3 years ago but typical of what I've heard: http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...om-c39072.html
http://www.resellerratings.com/forum...wer-com-2.html
oh i see...well i got a pc from them before...and it had a couple problems but i got great customer support and everything was fixed.

and i live in bellingham, WA
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7958 of 28613
Guys considering doing a water cooled Scout. Seems like we always go for the 120mm radiator, is it because the H50 is that size and it seems to have stuck.
My rad is a 240 because it takes 120mm fans but it's width is the same as a 140. So, wouldn't this fit, either front bottom or top rear?
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=25415
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7959 of 28613
i think i will just get the pc from them...and if it sucks or there is a problem i will just get a refund and have you guys assist me if possible
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
Brain Child
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 930 Asus P6X58D Premium 58x Asus DirectCU 5850 6 gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSKeyboard
1.5 TB Hitachi 32 mb cache LG 22X DVD±/±RW + CD-R/RW Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Random HP 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair CMPSU-850TX CM Storm Scout OCZ Dominatrix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7960 of 28613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masta21 View Post
oh i see...well i got a pc from them before...and it had a couple problems but i got great customer support and everything was fixed.

and i live in bellingham, WA
I think we have 2 guys in WA and Rocr69 is at the top of Idaho. That would at least be within shouting distance. If you're going with cyberpower then good luck to you & please let us know how it turns out.
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
Haf dark
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 920 132-BL-E758 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 480 
RAMRAMRAMHard Drive
Corsair  Corsair  Corsair  2 128Gb Corsair SSD's 1TB WD Caviar Black 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG GH22NS50 LG Blu-Ray Antec Kuhler 920 Win 7 Pro Tweaked! Samsung 2494HM 1920x1080 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510  Enermax 1050W 85+ Silver HAF 932 & Scout Cooler Master CM Sentinal Advance & RAT 7 
Mouse Pad
Steel Series 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › [Official] The CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Scout II Club