Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 183

post #1821 of 9641
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Will snm wokr for windows 7 and XP?
Yes for 7 not sure about XP as I am no longer running it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
E,

Are there specific setting that Dir d may find to be a bit more detailed than he may/ may not be using?

Just curious...
Not sure what he was using but I set mine for, Load 100% and loop for CPU testing and set the memory for loop as well and let it run for an hr on each.

The thing about stability testing is that each program tests a different way to some extent so no one testing solution is perfect. You could in theory pass 24hrs Prime and still not pass OCCT or some other testing SW or vice versa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dir_d View Post
It was me testing 3Ghz CPU-NB...fails prime95 on one core in under a min but snm its fine through the CPU stress and memory stress
hmmmmm..... I will be shooting for 3Ghz CPU-NB (IMC) soon here. I just want to make sure I am completely stable @ 2.8 first. then It's on to more CPU voltage for Higher core speeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopxsticks View Post
Mastiffman good sir, I am having problems still. SO I though it was a heat issue so I replaced my stock cpu cooling with a Tuniq Tower 120 I had laying around. I now sit at 24 degrees Celsius while typing this according to Core Temp. So im ruling out my cpu over heating.

I can only use Dragon age Origins as an example due to it being the only program on my PC, but I will play for Oh, 40 min and my game will freeze, and my screen shuts off and turns on and stays black.(im usually at 40-43 degrees C at this point) PC does not sound like its restarting so im not sure. Happened to me the other day while browsing the internet as well.

I have a 700 Watt Tagen power supply and I was reading my symptoms might be the power supply?

Im ruling out the GPU mainly because I pulled it out of my old rig which was a Phenom 5000+ BE in a Fatality An9 32x board with 2 gigs of DDR2 and it Ran perfectly. So I cant see it being the GPU, It actually has an extra fan on it now were it didnt in the old PC case.

Also nothing is overclocked

Sorry for the long winded post, just getting frustrated why my gaming rig cant game =/


Edit: starting Prime95 core temps say 40 degrees C, going to bed, report back in the morning.
Best way to check your PSU is to take a DMM(digital multi-meter) and test you 12V idle and load as well as your 5V line. I would also check your CPU and CPU-NB voltage idle and load on the boards read points.

Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1822 of 9641
I just woke up and checked my Prime95, 9 hours 20 min, zero errors zero warnings..
My PC <
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 960T ASRock 970 Extreme3  Nvidia 660ti G.skill Eco 7-8-7-24 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Antec KUHLER H2O 620 Windows 10 64 bit Acer P244w 24" 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC <
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 960T ASRock 970 Extreme3  Nvidia 660ti G.skill Eco 7-8-7-24 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Antec KUHLER H2O 620 Windows 10 64 bit Acer P244w 24" 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1823 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopxsticks View Post
Mastiffman good sir, I am having problems still. SO I though it was a heat issue so I replaced my stock cpu cooling with a Tuniq Tower 120 I had laying around. I now sit at 24 degrees Celsius while typing this according to Core Temp. So im ruling out my cpu over heating.

I can only use Dragon age Origins as an example due to it being the only program on my PC, but I will play for Oh, 40 min and my game will freeze, and my screen shuts off and turns on and stays black.(im usually at 40-43 degrees C at this point) PC does not sound like its restarting so im not sure. Happened to me the other day while browsing the internet as well.

I have a 700 Watt Tagen power supply and I was reading my symptoms might be the power supply?

Im ruling out the GPU mainly because I pulled it out of my old rig which was a Phenom 5000+ BE in a Fatality An9 32x board with 2 gigs of DDR2 and it Ran perfectly. So I cant see it being the GPU, It actually has an extra fan on it now were it didnt in the old PC case.

Also nothing is overclocked

Sorry for the long winded post, just getting frustrated why my gaming rig cant game =/


Edit: starting Prime95 core temps say 40 degrees C, going to bed, report back in the morning.
My old 965 did this it had a bad core....also try turning up the voltage on the cpu and leaving everything else stock

edit...read post above i guess your cpu is fine read post below
Edited by dir_d - 11/14/09 at 11:04am
post #1824 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopxsticks View Post
I just woke up and checked my Prime95, 9 hours 20 min, zero errors zero warnings..
Driversweeper install cat10 or beta cat 11 drivers
post #1825 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by dir_d View Post
I use snm also but ive had this computer fail prime 95 blend and fft on 1 core just about immediately but pass on snm long test so it makes me wonder about that program.

Dir_d, the reason that happens is because SnM doesn't stress the memory and CPU together like prime. SnM tests JUST the CPU then JUST the RAM. Prime stresses both. So I would assume that your memory controller is failing at that particular OC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Will snm wokr for windows 7 and XP?
No idea about win7 but it works just fine in XP.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1826 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
Dir_d, the reason that happens is because SnM doesn't stress the memory and CPU together like prime. SnM tests JUST the CPU then JUST the RAM. Prime stresses both. So I would assume that your memory controller is failing at that particular OC.
I figured that but how do you stabilize the IMC? just voltage? any other settings for the IMC on this board?
post #1827 of 9641
imho I think you should try and run a full blend when you are testing memory and the NB. or Large fft's.
Always Changing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
12 threads of euphemism Bash me! It's not your color! Loose. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! Just enough for all my cp 
OSMonitorPower
linux for gaming plethora of pixels plethora of watts 
  hide details  
Reply
Always Changing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
12 threads of euphemism Bash me! It's not your color! Loose. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! Just enough for all my cp 
OSMonitorPower
linux for gaming plethora of pixels plethora of watts 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1828 of 9641
Thread Starter 
well I had 1.44v going through the IMC and no luck @ 3000 temps were fine 52 load.
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1829 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by dir_d View Post
I figured that but how do you stabilize the IMC? just voltage? any other settings for the IMC on this board?
Ahh.. that's the key.


In all of the RAM/IMC/NB testing I have done with this board here's what I've concluded. Upping the CPU-NB voltage usually helps, to a point. When you reach that point no matter how much voltage you throw at it, it WILL NOT stabilize, and sometimes you'll add a touch more voltage and it will become LESS stable.

At any rate, when you reach that point then you have to start upping the RAM voltage. I've taken mine as high as 2.1v in 0.05v increments from 1.9 and each step I upped it stabilized the NB/RAM OC for longer. I eventually got it to 8.5 hours stable.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1830 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
Ahh.. that's the key.


In all of the RAM/IMC/NB testing I have done with this board here's what I've concluded. Upping the CPU-NB voltage usually helps, to a point. When you reach that point no matter how much voltage you throw at it, it WILL NOT stabilize, and sometimes you'll add a touch more voltage and it will become LESS stable.

At any rate, when you reach that point then you have to start upping the RAM voltage. I've taken mine as high as 2.1v in 0.05v increments from 1.9 and each step I upped it stabilized the NB/RAM OC for longer. I eventually got it to 8.5 hours stable.
I had my Ram at 2.0v yesterday trying to get 2940NB stable it was stable for about 4 hours then i went to bed woke up with a hyper transport flood error.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club