Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 201

post #2001 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
okay... well looks like you need to RMA your CPU now...

Read this post. HERE

Look at the 8th post down made by "dcfan60". read the entire thread if you like but I think that what you're looking for starts at that point... The thread is based off of Exactly what you're expreincing....

Sorry man...

P.S. rewindlabs, it's a best practice to give someone the "benefit of the doubt". Maybe E didn't realize that you posted the link. Maybe it's 3:30am for him and it just slipped past his tired mind while he was trying to think of what to reply to you with so he could try and help ONE LAST PERSON (like he and the rest of us usually try to do) before he went off to sleep...

It's Just a thought.....



So defensive of him if he want's to correct himself and say that he was half asleep when he posted then let him...from what i can see he didn't want to put the effort in and check out the link

And i have already read through that thread and similar threads (recited in my original post above...did you read it )


I am not yet to agree with it being the CPU since i haven't seen ONE instance of it happening on Phenom II and i actually just noticed this but there systems in general are not stable (mine is) they can toy with a SINGLE core of there CPU and stop the BSOD whilst my problem persists after i have tested each of my cores in GTA IV so its not an issue with any of my cores

Really i didn't even have to delve into the GTA IV issue with that...there systems are not load stable as a quad core stock or overclocked...still possible for the issue to lye in my CPU but IMO its quite unlikely at this point

I won't nitpick about how thorough you must have been when gathering your hypothesis for the issue....well hey i came to the same conclusion when i first hit that thread up and thats where i got the idea that disabling cores might solve the issue

I dunno...i think its really going to come down to hardware since i haven't found ANY info dealing with this BSOD or anyone else having this happen under GTA IV....

I have no idea what GTA IV could be taxing on my system thats causing the BSOD but it seems it is...
Edited by Rewindlabs - 11/18/09 at 8:32pm

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2002 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Punch your dog? LOLOLOL

Make sure that it's not in the head. You could do "drain bamage"!!!!!

So are you going to get another GD70 or something else?
Nah I like my dog, but as for the board i don't know. I still need to rule out the CPU and ram, but I think the 13 hours of Prime95 should rule that out? I would hate to give up on MSI so fast but this error is just ridiculous and only happens when I do the only thing I have this pc for, PLAY GAMES
My PC <
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 960T ASRock 970 Extreme3  Nvidia 660ti G.skill Eco 7-8-7-24 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Antec KUHLER H2O 620 Windows 10 64 bit Acer P244w 24" 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC <
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom 960T ASRock 970 Extreme3  Nvidia 660ti G.skill Eco 7-8-7-24 1600 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung Evo 850 Antec KUHLER H2O 620 Windows 10 64 bit Acer P244w 24" 
PowerCase
Corsair AX750 Corsair 650D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2003 of 9641
Good. I'm glad to hear that you like your dog! You don't seem like that type of person. Even before knowing that you had a dog....

I'll be honest though Chops, I think that it's the BIOS version. I had nothing but troubles with anything past 1.63b.... Although 1.72 seemed to be okay. That was the first Bios that I got the Sync flood error with. Once. And then again with 1.77b. but only a total of twice that I received that error...
I'm sorry brother! I know how frustrating thing can be!!! I hate to give up on MSI also. I'm not for now. I'll see how things go when I get my C3 in. If things are still crappy... I really don't know what I'll do...

rewinder,

"there, NITPICK? "Their" systems in general are not stable (mine is)"
OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!! You're here looking for answers and with an ATTITUDE like you have, you're not going to get anywhere...

"I won't nitpick about how thorough you must have been when gathering your hypothesis for the issue...."

??? Just because you are upset at the fact that you can't figure this out on your own (by barrowing a friends CPU or Ram or something of that sort) Doesn't give you ANY right to come to a thread that is thriving and act like you own it and have even posted here before...

So if you want constructive brain storming with any here, I think that you may find that some proper etiquette might just yield an ounce sympothy from someone to help you... Otherwise, you're on your own!

By the way, I see another issue with your setup..... it's in your siggy. Is everything in your siggy what you currently have?

Hint: You will see the light when you find that it will not burn with enough....
Edited by Mastiffman - 11/18/09 at 9:08pm
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2004 of 9641
Rewindlabs,

What is the 945 ES??? Do you care to explain that?
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2005 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopxsticks View Post
Nah I like my dog, but as for the board i don't know. I still need to rule out the CPU and ram, but I think the 13 hours of Prime95 should rule that out? I would hate to give up on MSI so fast but this error is just ridiculous and only happens when I do the only thing I have this pc for, PLAY GAMES
Id return the chip 1st..
post #2006 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Good. I'm glad to hear that you like your dog! You don't seem like that type of person. Even before knowing that you had a dog....

I'll be honest though Chops, I think that it's the BIOS version. I had nothing but troubles with anything past 1.63b.... Although 1.72 seemed to be okay. That was the first Bios that I got the Sync flood error with. Once. And then again with 1.77b. but only a total of twice that I received that error...
I'm sorry brother! I know how frustrating thing can be!!! I hate to give up on MSI also. I'm not for now. I'll see how things go when I get my C3 in. If things are still crappy... I really don't know what I'll do...

rewinder,

"there, NITPICK? "Their" systems in general are not stable (mine is)"
OBVIOUSLY NOT!!!! You're here looking for answers and with an ATTITUDE like you have, you're not going to get anywhere...

"I won't nitpick about how thorough you must have been when gathering your hypothesis for the issue...."

??? Just because you are upset at the fact that you can't figure this out on your own (by barrowing a friends CPU or Ram or something of that sort) Doesn't give you ANY right to come to a thread that is thriving and act like you own it and have even posted here before...

So if you want constructive brain storming with any here, I think that you may find that some proper etiquette might just yield an ounce sympothy from someone to help you... Otherwise, you're on your own!

By the way, I see another issue with your setup..... it's in your siggy. Is everything in your siggy what you currently have?

Hint: You will see the light when you find that it will not burn with enough....
Don't take that remark personally...i did mention i came to the SAME conclusion specifically to advert any kind of interpretation i had an attitude when typing the post believe me if i didn't feel that i mentioning "well hey i came to the same conclusion when i first hit that thread up and thats where i got the idea that disabling cores might solve the issue" made it sound like i was disappointed in myself as well i wouldn't have said anything...it would have took neither of us much reading to find out it was just a coincidence *FACE PALM*

Don't make assumptions when reading anything on the internet

I am hardly upset with the matter...i am calm and brainstorming away as a matter of fact...

I actually have posted in this thread before...again don't assume i am making an insulting remark or am here to be hostile

Yes everything in my signature is current so what are you thinking is up?

And the ES stands for it being an "Engineering Sample" just google it for more info

It's not the best overclocked but for the deal i got on it i couldn't pass it up...i am a bit of an AMD collector and fan so it being an ES is pretty nice

Again you poorly interpreted my post above so don't be so steadfast to judge

Edit: I just noticed your attempt at pointing out my grammar (IMO weak when you misspell in the same post?) anyways where you trying to tell me my system is unstable?
Edited by Rewindlabs - 11/18/09 at 9:50pm
post #2007 of 9641
So are you running a x2 Unlocked to x4 like in your other thread about this issue?

With that CPU (x2 550) you were testing in x4 mode with Prime95 only on Small FFt's... if you really wanted to test the stablility of it and it's OC while in x4 you should have tested differently. Just because it ran as a quad on small fft's doesn't mean that it's stable...

I googled it and I found a post that you made trying to selling a "945ES" for $150. You showed a pic of it but painted out the OPN. Why?

I couldn't find it on AMD's site. Or CPU World... What's up with that? Was it used when you got it?

I'm only asking as to know the whole story behind your situation to further help with the issue. You got your board back from RMA. Are the NB Temps lower now?



EDIT: okay I looked at both threads on this issue. my diagnosis.... )

For one, I would deffinitely get a larger power supply (the hint) 550 (IMO) is not enough for this setup... I would have at least a 700w. I have an 850w.

For two, you didn't test that 550 unlocked as a quad with prime95 in BLEND. That will stress the CPU, RAM and CPU-NB a lot!!! Blend will tell you if all three are stable "together"! Key word there. Small FFT's will tell you if your CPU OC, by itself, is stable. Small FFT tests don't stress much of anything other than the CPU Freq Clock (basically).

So, being that you were running a 550 as a quad, with a higher CPU-NB OC and didn't test on Blend, you couldn't have known that the CPU wasn't completely stable... hence, wondering WTH it was throwing that "secondary processor" error.

For two,

If you are having the same 550 issues but with that 945es, It's used (If that's true) and I wouldn't trust that it's completely stable or that it hasn't been abused... regardless of if it was purchased (or given to you) from a friend. You don't know for sure...

For three,

It very well could be the MoBo again. But chances are that it's one of the CPU's....

My Suggestion:

Whatever CPU it was,

If it was the 550,
1. Unlock it to a quad.
2. Crank up the CPU-NB and Test it on P95 Blend
3. Crank up the CPU Freq, lower the CPU-NB and test on Blend again.
4. If both above steps pass, Crank them both up and test on Blend again.

If it was the 945Es,
Perform step 2, 3 and 4 above.

This shuld tell you what's up.... Let us know.
Edited by Mastiffman - 11/18/09 at 10:31pm
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2008 of 9641
My system is acting up. I just restarted to do some clocks and adjust settings in the bios. When the system started there was a loud sort of thud that came from my speakers. Now, every time I play sound the thud continually pulsates. I can only describe it as footsteps. I have no idea what it is. It might be the fact that I bought these speakers from Fry's and they were discounted due to the fact that they were returned, or maybe it was something I did in the bios? Anyhow, it's kinda driving me nuts. Can anyone help me out?

Also, btw, I plugged the speakers into my iPod and they worked fine, so I'm thinking it's the mobo...

Help! It's driving me insane!
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2009 of 9641
Quick random CPU question. Didn't want to start a new thread and you guys know everything.

Which is better and ofc roof: as always

AMD Athlon II X4 620
AMD Phenom II X2 550 Black Edition

This is going into my cousins new computer who knows jack all about overclocking, so it will be staying standard (sorry i know, waste of a 550BE)
Impulss
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k ASROCK Z77 Extreme 6 Gigabyte GTX570 12GB Ripjaws CL7 (2x 2GB, 2x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Vertex II + Data XSPC RASA RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate N 64bit 24" Samsung 1200p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft X8 800w Tagen Xigmatek Elysium Gigabyte Ghost 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Cyber Snipa HD595 + AD700 Sound Blaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
Impulss
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 2600k ASROCK Z77 Extreme 6 Gigabyte GTX570 12GB Ripjaws CL7 (2x 2GB, 2x 4GB) 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
120GB OCZ Vertex II + Data XSPC RASA RX360 Windows 7 Ultimate N 64bit 24" Samsung 1200p 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft X8 800w Tagen Xigmatek Elysium Gigabyte Ghost 
Mouse PadAudioAudio
Cyber Snipa HD595 + AD700 Sound Blaster X-Fi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2010 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
So are you running a x2 Unlocked to x4 like in your other thread about this issue?

With that CPU (x2 550) you were testing in x4 mode with Prime95 only on Small FFt's... if you really wanted to test the stablility of it and it's OC while in x4 you should have tested differently. Just because it ran as a quad on small fft's doesn't mean that it's stable...

I googled it and I found a post that you made trying to selling a "945ES" for $150. You showed a pic of it but painted out the OPN. Why?

I couldn't find it on AMD's site. Or CPU World... What's up with that? Was it used when you got it?

I'm only asking as to know the whole story behind your situation to further help with the issue. You got your board back from RMA. Are the NB Temps lower now?



EDIT: okay I looked at both threads on this issue. my diagnosis.... )

For one, I would deffinitely get a larger power supply (the hint) 550 (IMO) is not enough for this setup... I would have at least a 700w. I have an 850w.

For two, you didn't test that 550 unlocked as a quad with prime95 in BLEND. That will stress the CPU, RAM and CPU-NB a lot!!! Blend will tell you if all three are stable "together"! Key word there. Small FFT's will tell you if your CPU OC, by itself, is stable. Small FFT tests don't stress much of anything other than the CPU Freq Clock (basically).

So, being that you were running a 550 as a quad, with a higher CPU-NB OC and didn't test on Blend, you couldn't have known that the CPU wasn't completely stable... hence, wondering WTH it was throwing that "secondary processor" error.

For two,

If you are having the same 550 issues but with that 945es, It's used (If that's true) and I wouldn't trust that it's completely stable or that it hasn't been abused... regardless of if it was purchased (or given to you) from a friend. You don't know for sure...

For three,

It very well could be the MoBo again. But chances are that it's one of the CPU's....

My Suggestion:

Whatever CPU it was,

If it was the 550,
1. Unlock it to a quad.
2. Crank up the CPU-NB and Test it on P95 Blend
3. Crank up the CPU Freq, lower the CPU-NB and test on Blend again.
4. If both above steps pass, Crank them both up and test on Blend again.

If it was the 945Es,
Perform step 2, 3 and 4 above.

This shuld tell you what's up.... Let us know.
I told you to google what an "Engineering Sample" is ....in short you can't just buy one from retail

And showing those numbers listed on top of the CPU which if you searched about ES CPU's you would know that they can tracs back to the exact department it came from and AMD loves to know if there CPU's are being leaked and by who

This is not the 550...the 550 was not unlockable PERIOD and this issue doesn't even relate to it in the slightest...i knew before i posted this that Small FFT's where not the end all be all of tests so thanks for finally answering my question as to if there is a better test

The NB temps and board are just fine as far as i can tell...really i don't believe the issue would lie in the board IMO...it could very well be though

As for my PSU it is more than enough for what i am doing...thanks for the suggestion though
Edited by Rewindlabs - 11/19/09 at 12:03am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club