Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 222

post #2211 of 9641
I just flashed to the latest BIOS and restored my overclocks and my computer is freezing on me. Ironically, it did while I was watching a Mac ad...

Anyone else experiencing this?
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2212 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula7 View Post
I just flashed to the latest BIOS and restored my overclocks and my computer is freezing on me. Ironically, it did while I was watching a Mac ad...

Anyone else experiencing this?
Same thing happened to me last time when I watched Mac commercial
But seriously you should just redo your overclock and not use a saved profile.
Red Monsoon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @4.9ghz Asus Maximus V Formula Zotac GTX 680 Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intel 330 180gb Sony Optiarc AD-7690H-01 EK Supreme HF Classified Razor GTX680 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 / RS240 Monsoon D5 Windows 7 Pro Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G15 v2 Corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Monsoon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @4.9ghz Asus Maximus V Formula Zotac GTX 680 Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intel 330 180gb Sony Optiarc AD-7690H-01 EK Supreme HF Classified Razor GTX680 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 / RS240 Monsoon D5 Windows 7 Pro Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G15 v2 Corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2213 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by McDown View Post
Same thing happened to me last time when I watched Mac commercial
But seriously you should just redo your overclock and not use a saved profile.
I'm sort of a n00b... Do you mean set all my clocks and then exit BIOS without saving?
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2214 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula7 View Post
I'm sort of a n00b... Do you mean set all my clocks and then exit BIOS without saving?
I think what he means is that you can save profiles in the bios, and then recall them to avoid resetting all the different things you may have set manually. I believe the comment was not to do this, to actually go through all the settings and set them manually.

And yes, whenever you make a change in the bios you will need to save the settings when exiting.

Marc
First H2O o/c
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Asus HD 7870 Crucial 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samasung 840 Pro 256GB SATA DVD burner DangerDen H20 W 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
2 x 22" Acers Corsair TX-950w CM - HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
First H2O o/c
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Asus HD 7870 Crucial 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samasung 840 Pro 256GB SATA DVD burner DangerDen H20 W 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
2 x 22" Acers Corsair TX-950w CM - HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2215 of 9641
I'm now on the spread sheet.....sweet

Oh and do we really want the bit about the HT Link overclocking in there?

Hasn't it been proved that HT overclocking actually decreases performance...don't want new builders to get the idea that overclocking there HTT is a good idea or anything...

Quote:
All you owners out there let’s discuss!

CPU highest stable overclock - All AM3 CPU's
Highest stable NB speed
Highest stable HT Link speed
Memory Speeds and Timings
Voltages
Temps
and anything else you can think of!

Edited by Rewindlabs - 11/23/09 at 1:37pm
post #2216 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mduclow View Post
I think what he means is that you can save profiles in the bios, and then recall them to avoid resetting all the different things you may have set manually. I believe the comment was not to do this, to actually go through all the settings and set them manually.

And yes, whenever you make a change in the bios you will need to save the settings when exiting.

Marc
Well, I don't believe I've ever set a profile... I think I've always done it manually.

I also just tried some stuff I read up on. I turned it off and then pressed the Clr CMOS button. I also took the battery out for 30 minutes.

I don't get it though... I reboot and it takes me to a screen. It says something about the CMOS settings or something being bad, then it says to press F1 to enter BIOS, F2 to restore defaults and proceed, and F11 to enter boot menu.

Whenever I press F2 or F11, nothing happens. So I have to resort to F1, then I just save and exit, except I haven't done anything.

Is my CMOS really cleared and ready to be OC'd again? Or am I doing something wrong?

This is the second time I've powered down and pressed the Clr CMOS button. The first time, I did the same thing, then I restored my OCs and it froze again.
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2217 of 9641
Is it okay to keep my voltage at 1.42v knowing its barely enough for a torture test??

I've done 4 stress tests and it pass two and fail two with 1.42v.
Predator
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k MSI X99  Gigabyte 1080 Ti Turbo HyperX Fury 24GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector 150 Series 240GB Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung KU7000 GAMDIAS Ares Gaming Keyboard In Win Commander 1200W NZXT: White Phantom Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ourea Gaming Optical Mouse Ajazz First Blood Professional Gaming Mouse Pad Hyper CloudX 
  hide details  
Reply
Predator
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 5820k MSI X99  Gigabyte 1080 Ti Turbo HyperX Fury 24GB  
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Vector 150 Series 240GB Pioneer Blu-ray Burner Noctua NH-D14 Windows 10 x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Samsung KU7000 GAMDIAS Ares Gaming Keyboard In Win Commander 1200W NZXT: White Phantom Case 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ourea Gaming Optical Mouse Ajazz First Blood Professional Gaming Mouse Pad Hyper CloudX 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2218 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula7 View Post
Well, I don't believe I've ever set a profile... I think I've always done it manually.

I also just tried some stuff I read up on. I turned it off and then pressed the Clr CMOS button. I also took the battery out for 30 minutes.

I don't get it though... I reboot and it takes me to a screen. It says something about the CMOS settings or something being bad, then it says to press F1 to enter BIOS, F2 to restore defaults and proceed, and F11 to enter boot menu.

Whenever I press F2 or F11, nothing happens. So I have to resort to F1, then I just save and exit, except I haven't done anything.

Is my CMOS really cleared and ready to be OC'd again? Or am I doing something wrong?

This is the second time I've powered down and pressed the Clr CMOS button. The first time, I did the same thing, then I restored my OCs and it froze again.
Yes this is the way it does it when you clear cmos. You will need to press F1 to get into the bios and reset your settings. This is normal.

You don't need to pull the little battery to clear the cmos, either. Just unplug it, hit the power button once or twice to 'drain' all power from the board, hit the clr cmos button and hold it for about 5 seconds. Plug it back in and power it up, takes less than a minute total time.

Marc
First H2O o/c
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Asus HD 7870 Crucial 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samasung 840 Pro 256GB SATA DVD burner DangerDen H20 W 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
2 x 22" Acers Corsair TX-950w CM - HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
First H2O o/c
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 9590 Asus Sabertooth 990FX Asus HD 7870 Crucial 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samasung 840 Pro 256GB SATA DVD burner DangerDen H20 W 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorPowerCase
2 x 22" Acers Corsair TX-950w CM - HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2219 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by mduclow View Post
Yes this is the way it does it when you clear cmos. You will need to press F1 to get into the bios and reset your settings. This is normal.

You don't need to pull the little battery to clear the cmos, either. Just unplug it, hit the power button once or twice to 'drain' all power from the board, hit the clr cmos button and hold it for about 5 seconds. Plug it back in and power it up, takes less than a minute total time.

Marc
Ahhhh. I never knew I had to hit the power button first before I did all this. Well, unfortunately, I am not at home right now. But, I will definitely give it a shot. I really hope this works. So, power button, Clr CMOS, and then go into the BIOS. Do I just load the fail safe defaults and save it?
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
The Commander
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 (C3) @ 4 Ghz MSI 790FX-GD70 XFX ATI Radeon HD 4770 Mushkin 4GB DDR 3 1333Mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Caviar Black 750GB LiteOn DVD R-RW Windows 7 Home 64-bit Hanns-G HH241+AOC 21.5" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft Wireless Antec CP-850 Antec 1200 Microsoft Wireless 
Mouse Pad
Cheapo 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2220 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicAdam View Post
Is it okay to keep my voltage at 1.42v knowing its barely enough for a torture test??

I've done 4 stress tests and it pass two and fail two with 1.42v.
You are not going to hurt the CPU by running at that voltage...it just means you might or might not fail when gaming

It could very well be the perfect game stable overclock....yet it might now
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club