This seems like a good place to post the issue I'm currently having
So I was just browsing the net yesterday when my computer simply shuts down. No big deal, I thought, computers sometimes act weird. Trying to start it up again, nothing really happens besides fans and lights. To make it short, here is the list of what is going on:
- System and GPU fans are spinning
- CPU fan is spinning at lower than normal rev (kind of a phase 1 rev, it does this always for a few seconds at boot up, now it just doesn't speed up after that)
- Power button can be used to power up the computer, but has no effect afterwards
- Front panel power LED is not lighting up
- HDD is spinning
- Screen does not show anything
- Internal HDD LED is constantly on, even thought there seems to be no HDD activity
- Internal Power button has the same behavior has front panel one (can start up, but nothing else)
- Debug LED shows nothing
- No beeps (does this thing even have a speaker?)
So here's what I've done so far:
- To verify the lack of beeps and for good measure, I've started the computer with all available memory dimm configurations possible to me (1 stick, 2 sticks, two channels, one channel, 0 stick)
- Did basically the same with GPUs to make sure that the lack of image was not caused by them (switched them, used either of the two, used all available slots, etc.)
- Reset the BIOS both by shorting the JBAT_1, pressing the clr_cmos button and by removing the battery
- Removed all possible peripherals so to have the simplest build possible (cpu, mobo, ram, gpu)
All of this had no effect whatsoever. The computer still starts, the lights on the mobo lit up and the fans all work correctly except for the cpu one which works but at lower rpm. No image is shown.
The reason why I'm posting this here specifically is that I believe the motherboard is dead, but that I would like your opinions about it. I'm rather scared to misjudge a bad computer part, and I'd like to make sure it's the motherboard. However, since there are issues which I think the CPU or the PSU would not cause if they were faulty (namely the power buttons failing), I tend to blame the mobo for this.
What do yous all think?