Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 235

post #2341 of 9641
Thread Starter 
Happy Turkeyday all!
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #2342 of 9641
happy turkey day!

can all of you guys running 4ghz+ 24/7 stable post your settings and what type of cooling
post #2343 of 9641
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
happy turkey day!

can all of you guys running 4ghz+ 24/7 stable post your settings and what type of cooling
965, 1.54vcore, 1.35 CPU-NB, 1.3 HT, other voltages auto.
4.0Ghz, 2.8NB, 2.6HT, 1600 9-9-9-21-1T RAM.
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2344 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseaudio4 View Post
965, 1.54vcore, 1.35 CPU-NB, 1.3 HT, other voltages auto.
4.0Ghz, 2.8NB, 2.6HT, 1600 9-9-9-21-1T RAM.
how about your core temps?

I ran Small FFT last night for 6 hours and no errors for my cpu 3.960ghz. But as soon as I run Prime95 after 10 minutes I'll crash, I'm suspecting the memory.

my nb is at 1.300v how high can we safely push the nb and cpu nb and ht voltages?
post #2345 of 9641
Thread Starter 
I top out at 52*C with my mega.

IMHO as long as your not red you should be fine.
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2346 of 9641
I couldn't resist posting to this thread. I own a MSI X58 Pro motherboard so hopefully I will not be booted from this thread for not owning a 790FX-GD70

I just wanted to comment on how good this *Official* site looks. I love the links that you posted to assist in the overclocking and monitoring of the vitals and the spread sheet of the owners data looks SWEET! I love the looks of the MSI motherboards and I really like the layout. It looks like a great overclocker and with 4 PCIe slots, has lots of room for expansion. I've had my eye on this motherboard and watching for a deal to see just how the AMD stacks up against my Intel core i7.

Kudos for a great site!!
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
P67A-UD4-B3
(14 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2347 of 9641
i've been reading a lot for the pass couple of days. i've got some questions to clear things up for me.

Higher NB Freq(cpu-nb freq) the better in performance?

To stabilize the NB Freq we add more CPU-NB voltages?

To get a higher IMC you add more NB Voltage?

WIth a higher NB freq you can get tighter timings?
post #2348 of 9641
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood406 View Post
I couldn't resist posting to this thread. I own a MSI X58 Pro motherboard so hopefully I will not be booted from this thread for not owning a 790FX-GD70

I just wanted to comment on how good this *Official* site looks. I love the links that you posted to assist in the overclocking and monitoring of the vitals and the spread sheet of the owners data looks SWEET! I love the looks of the MSI motherboards and I really like the layout. It looks like a great overclocker and with 4 PCIe slots, has lots of room for expansion. I've had my eye on this motherboard and watching for a deal to see just how the AMD stacks up against my Intel core i7.

Kudos for a great site!!
Thanks for the compliments on this thread!

The more the merrier, and for now your i7 will still beat AMD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift View Post
i've been reading a lot for the pass couple of days. i've got some questions to clear things up for me.

Higher NB Freq(cpu-nb freq) the better in performance?

To stabilize the NB Freq we add more CPU-NB voltages?

To get a higher IMC you add more NB Voltage?

WIth a higher NB freq you can get tighter timings?
NB freq will give your more throughput with RAM mostly.

yes

IMC is cpu-NB. NB voltage is for something else altogether but usually you need to give it a small bump when running 4 sticks.

Not sure anyone has confirmed this.
Usually lower RAM freq will give you tighter timings.
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2349 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseaudio4 View Post
Thanks for the compliments on this thread!

The more the merrier, and for now your i7 will still beat AMD.



NB freq will give your more throughput with RAM mostly.

yes

IMC is cpu-NB. NB voltage is for something else altogether but usually you need to give it a small bump when running 4 sticks.

Not sure anyone has confirmed this.
Usually lower RAM freq will give you tighter timings.

when looking at cpuz memory tab, the IMC translates to the memory spd/freq right?

as of right now i put everything back to stock and working on my memory. Keeping NB freq close to 2000mhz

1734 / 2 = 867mhz

running memtest86+ test 5 for 10 minutes no errors, I'll try adding more CPU-NB volts to see if i can get a higher speed
Edited by phaseshift - 11/26/09 at 12:00pm
post #2350 of 9641
so in theory

the NB Freq and IMC will yeild higher results by adding more CPU-NB voltage and a tad of nb voltage?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club