Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 546

post #5451 of 9641
I have the same exact setup, but with 4gb of g.skill ripjaw 1600 pc3 12800 ram. In the

bios it reads its running at 1333 and on cpu-z it says its running at 1066... Very weird.

My problem is any time I load up a memory intensive program like a Game (Dirt 2, GTA IV)

my screen shuts off and the computer power stays on except the LED Temp on the

board is off but all the other remaining blue lights are still on. I have to do a hard restart.

(flicking the switch on the psu). I ran OCCT... CPU, GPU, and PSU are good and in

working order. Next is ram and I cant test the ram atm because I don't have an extra

blank CD laying around. (Go Figure Right). I'm pretty confident its one of my memory

modules. Maybe the bios is not giving it enough juice?? How can I increase the speed up

to 1600 through the bios on an MSI 790fx-gd70. I'm a overclocking newbie so laugh now

but at least explain how I can do this I wanna try upping the speed b4 rma'ing it. Thx in

advance. P.S. My system wasn't overheating. Ran everest all the time while doing test

and trying to run a game, and even ran my Air Conditioner next to it without the side

panel. Kept my cpu @ 26c full load and gpu 45c @ full Load (9800GT)
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #5452 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawla View Post
I have the same exact setup, but with 4gb of g.skill ripjaw 1600 pc3 12800 ram. In the

bios it reads its running at 1333 and on cpu-z it says its running at 1066... Very weird.

My problem is any time I load up a memory intensive program like a Game (Dirt 2, GTA IV)

my screen shuts off and the computer power stays on except the LED Temp on the

board is off but all the other remaining blue lights are still on. I have to do a hard restart.

(flicking the switch on the psu). I ran OCCT... CPU, GPU, and PSU are good and in

working order. Next is ram and I cant test the ram atm because I don't have an extra

blank CD laying around. (Go Figure Right). I'm pretty confident its one of my memory

modules. Maybe the bios is not giving it enough juice?? How can I increase the speed up

to 1600 through the bios on an MSI 790fx-gd70. I'm a overclocking newbie so laugh now

but at least explain how I can do this I wanna try upping the speed b4 rma'ing it. Thx in

advance. P.S. My system wasn't overheating. Ran everest all the time while doing test

and trying to run a game, and even ran my Air Conditioner next to it without the side

panel. Kept my cpu @ 26c full load and gpu 45c @ full Load (9800GT)
You need to set memory timings manualy in the bios,and set the ram divider to 1:4, and set ram voltage manualy as well,this will give you 1600mhz.

PS W7 has it's own built in memory diagnostics tool,run this to check your memory for errors.
Edited by moorhen2 - 3/10/10 at 4:13am
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5453 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawla View Post
I have the same exact setup, but with 4gb of g.skill ripjaw 1600 pc3 12800 ram. In the

bios it reads its running at 1333 and on cpu-z it says its running at 1066... Very weird.

My problem is any time I load up a memory intensive program like a Game (Dirt 2, GTA IV)

my screen shuts off and the computer power stays on except the LED Temp on the

board is off but all the other remaining blue lights are still on. I have to do a hard restart.

(flicking the switch on the psu). I ran OCCT... CPU, GPU, and PSU are good and in

working order. Next is ram and I cant test the ram atm because I don't have an extra

blank CD laying around. (Go Figure Right). I'm pretty confident its one of my memory

modules. Maybe the bios is not giving it enough juice?? How can I increase the speed up

to 1600 through the bios on an MSI 790fx-gd70. I'm a overclocking newbie so laugh now

but at least explain how I can do this I wanna try upping the speed b4 rma'ing it. Thx in

advance. P.S. My system wasn't overheating. Ran everest all the time while doing test

and trying to run a game, and even ran my Air Conditioner next to it without the side

panel. Kept my cpu @ 26c full load and gpu 45c @ full Load (9800GT)
what voltage you giving your ram, NB and cpu?
DANTE'S INFERNO
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd fx 8150 ASUS CROSSHAIR V ASUS 5850 DIRECT CU 1000/1250 so far CORSAIR DOM GT 2133MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD BLACK 640MB RAID 0, 3x500GB + 750GB+ 1TB LG BLURAY ROM corsair h-100 WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
VIEWSONIC 22" LOGITECH G-15 THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 750W MODULAR COOLER MASTER HAF-X 
Mouse
Logitech MX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
DANTE'S INFERNO
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd fx 8150 ASUS CROSSHAIR V ASUS 5850 DIRECT CU 1000/1250 so far CORSAIR DOM GT 2133MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD BLACK 640MB RAID 0, 3x500GB + 750GB+ 1TB LG BLURAY ROM corsair h-100 WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
VIEWSONIC 22" LOGITECH G-15 THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 750W MODULAR COOLER MASTER HAF-X 
Mouse
Logitech MX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5454 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
You need to set memory timings manualy in the bios,and set the ram divider to 1:4, and set ram voltage manualy as well,this will give you 1600mhz.

PS W7 has it's own built in memory diagnostics tool,run this to check your memory for errors.
I will try to set them manullay in a bit, also I didnt know W7 had that thx for the point out... I ran the test and it said there was no errors. I also dont know what timings I should set them at and at what volts. I am new to this and still learning...very slow but learning . If you have a link to a tutorial plz leave it... I will love you forever n ever.




Quote:
Originally Posted by theghostoftime1978 View Post
what voltage you giving your ram, NB and cpu?
Here is a ss of my cpu-z. Everything is at stock Settings. I appreciate the quick response from both of you guys. This forum is the best I hope I won't have to RMA anything. I just built the systm and in love and don't want to go back to my AMD x2 5200+ CPU and crappy oem MOBO while I wait .


Edited by Nightcrawla - 3/10/10 at 5:14am
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5455 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawla View Post
I will try to set them manullay in a bit, also I didnt know W7 had that thx for the point out... I ran the test and it said there was no errors.





Here is a ss of my cpu-z. Everything is at stock Settings. I appreciate the quick response from both of you guys. This forum is the best I hope I won't have to RMA anything. I just built the systm and in love and don't want to go back to my AMD x2 5200+ CPU and crappy oem MOBO while I wait .

Thats what this forum is all about,helping each other out,so your welcome to any help we can give,

If you need any more help,just ask.

Little pointer:

Edited by moorhen2 - 3/10/10 at 5:16am
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5456 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
Thats what this forum is all about,helping each other out,so your welcome to any help we can give,

If you need any more help,just ask.
Do you have any suggested timings and volts? I have no idea what to do here, and will prolly get mobo juice all over my face if i set the timings wrong. Which I know I will
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5457 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightcrawla View Post
Do you have any suggested timings and volts? I have no idea what to do here, and will prolly get mobo juice all over my face if i set the timings wrong. Which I know I will
LOL!!!!,I am sure i have posted about this before,but here you go,in the bios,go to"cell menu",enter,go down to "advanced dram configuration",enter,in the first option,hit enter,and change to "both",this will allow you to input timings manualy using the + & - keys,set the timings as stated on the sticks,ie 9-9-9-?-?.do this for both channels.

Then hit "esc",this will take you back to the cell menu,go down to dram voltage and set this the same way to the rated voltage,and remember to set the FSB/DRAM RATIO to 1:4.Hit F10,to save,your done.
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5458 of 9641
Guys,

This may not be the correct place, but you know the new 890fx GD70 i swear it should be called 890fx GD80, is this correct it has 890nb and 850sb.

Also at the moment on the GD70 some of us can run mem dual channel 1600 1T (I can) with new chipset 890fx will i be able to run mem at dual channel 1833 1T as i read the spec it had no mention of the 1600 but it did mention the 1833oc, im not sure what he memory devider would be.

As i seriously thinking of upgrading as soon as it comes out, only thing i would change is the graphics card later, im not too bothered about hdd just yet sata3 i mean and i think my memory 8gb OCZ plat 2000Mhz rated should be able to hit 1833 1T since i can easily do 1600 1T.

What do you think ?
Edited by rakesh27 - 3/10/10 at 5:35am
post #5459 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
LOL!!!!,I am sure i have posted about this before,but here you go,in the bios,go to"cell menu",enter,go down to "advanced dram configuration",enter,in the first option,hit enter,and change to "both",this will allow you to input timings manualy using the + & - keys,set the timings as stated on the sticks,ie 9-9-9-?-?.do this for both channels.

Then hit "esc",this will take you back to the cell menu,go down to dram voltage and set this the same way to the rated voltage,and remember to set the FSB/DRAM RATIO to 1:4.Hit F10,to save,your done.
You prolly have and I appreciate you posting it again . I know I know sometimes I wonder y some ppl just don't get it or GAWD y can't you just know this stuff so I don't have to help you. Anyways I ctrl-p'd your post and will be back in a little.
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply
The_Dustmite
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 965 C3 @ 3.8ghz MSI 790fx-gd70 PNY XLR8 GTX 470 4GB G.Skill Ripjaw @ 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1TB Caviar Black Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit 24" Asus MS238H 2ms 750w Corsair 
Case
Smilodon Raidmax 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5460 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh27 View Post
Guys,

This may not be the correct place, but you know the new 890fx GD70 i swear it should be called 890fx GD80, is this correct it has 890nb and 850sb.

Also at the moment on the GD70 some of us can run mem dual channel 1600 1T (I can) with new chipset 890fx will i be able to run mem at dual channel 1833 1T as i read the spec it had no mention of the 1600 but it did mention the 1833m, im not sure what he memory devider would be.

As i seriously thinking of upgrading as soon as it comes out, only thing i would change is the graphics card later, im not too bothered about hdd just yet sata3 i mean and i think my memory 8gb OCZ plat 2000Mhz rated should be able to hit 1833 1T since i can easily do 1600 1T.

What do you think ?
The GD70 bit has nothing to do with the chipset No,lol,as for ram,i run my 1600 rated ram @1824mhz already,on the 1:4 divider,but this is classed as overclocked,we will just have to wait and see how well the new 890fx GD70 compares,
Edited by moorhen2 - 3/10/10 at 5:44am
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club