Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 569

post #5681 of 9641
anyone going 6 core in less than a month? I'm really wanting to pit it against my 980x too.
Always Changing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
12 threads of euphemism Bash me! It's not your color! Loose. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! Just enough for all my cp 
OSMonitorPower
linux for gaming plethora of pixels plethora of watts 
  hide details  
Reply
Always Changing
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
12 threads of euphemism Bash me! It's not your color! Loose. THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID! Just enough for all my cp 
OSMonitorPower
linux for gaming plethora of pixels plethora of watts 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #5682 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
anyone going 6 core in less than a month? I'm really wanting to pit it against my 980x too.
I would love to see those results! If it does well against the 980X then I might be selling my 965 for the 1090T.
Kardiac 2.0
(15 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4720HQ NVIDIA GTX 970M 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM 512 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 --> Windows 10 14" QHD+ 3200 x 1800 
  hide details  
Reply
Kardiac 2.0
(15 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4720HQ NVIDIA GTX 970M 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM 512 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 --> Windows 10 14" QHD+ 3200 x 1800 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5683 of 9641
Hi all,

I just put together a build for my fiancee with this motherboard and am having a few problems. I tried looking through this thread, but it is quite long and wasn't able to find anything.

Specs:
MSI 790FX-GD70
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
Antec Twelve Hundred Case
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 4870
OCZ Platinum 4 GB (2 x 2 GB)
WD Caviar Blue
Antec CP-850 850 W Power Supply
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Basically my problem is with the graphics cards in cross fire mode. I've only tested a couple of games I had laying around so far. Civ 4 gives a lot of artifacts on screen, while Titan Quest freezes and I get the error "AMD driver has stopped responding and successfully recovered". Also, the new version of furmark will give the same error if stress tested at 1980 x 1080 immediately, i.e. the image doesn't even show up before crashing. I've run Memtest overnight and experienced no errors. If I remove the crossfire bridges, the errors go away. I also have two sapphire Radeon HD 4870s in my computer which I swapped into hers and I get the same problems, while putting her 4870s in my computer causes no problems. I've tried bios versions 1.7 and 1.9; 1.7 definitely takes longer to initially have errors, but once they start they keep happening. I've also tried a couple of different catalyst drivers. I've also tried the crossfire bridges in my computer without a problem.

The only thing I can think is it is either a bad mobo, or overheating, as the arctic cooling freezer heatsink sucks for this board as it has to either blow up or down, not back, and has less than an inch of clearance from the top GPU. Does anyone have other ideas, had similar problems, and/or know a solution?
Edited by Thrawn - 3/21/10 at 1:40pm
post #5684 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob7 View Post
Hello, I have a MSI 790FX-GD70 and I am trying to adjust the voltages and they are grayed out and can not change them.

I have the AMD Phenom II 965BE.

How do I change the voltages?
Hi,and welcome to the forum,you need to use the + and - keys on the far right of the keyboard to input voltages.
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5685 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
Hi,and welcome to the forum,you need to use the + and - keys on the far right of the keyboard to input voltages.
It does not work, It is grayed out. I know how to adjust things. I have it overclocked to 3.82, I just dont know how to get the voltages to not be grayed out. I dont understand why mine is like this. I have the newest firmware and it always been like this.

Thanks,
Bob
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #5686 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrawn View Post
Hi all,

I just put together a build for my fiancee with this motherboard and am having a few problems. I tried looking through this thread, but it is quite long and wasn't able to find anything.

Specs:
MSI 790FX-GD70
AMD Phenom II X4 955 BE
Antec Twelve Hundred Case
Arctic cooling freezer 7 pro
2x Sapphire Vapor-X Radeon HD 4870
OCZ Platinum 4 GB (2 x 2 GB)
WD Caviar Blue
Antec CP-850 850 W Power Supply
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit

Basically my problem is with the graphics cards in cross fire mode. I've only tested a couple of games I had laying around so far. Civ 4 gives a lot of artifacts on screen, while Titan Quest freezes and I get the error "AMD driver has stopped responding and successfully recovered". Also, the new version of furmark will give the same error if stress tested at 1980 x 1080 immediately, i.e. the image doesn't even show up before crashing. I've run Memtest overnight and experienced no errors. If I remove the crossfire bridges, the errors go away. I also have two sapphire Radeon HD 4870s in my computer which I swapped into hers and I get the same problems, while putting her 4870s in my computer causes no problems. I've tried bios versions 1.7 and 1.9; 1.7 definitely takes longer to initially have errors, but once they start they keep happening. I've also tried a couple of different catalyst drivers. I've also tried the crossfire bridges in my computer without a problem.

The only thing I can think is it is either a bad mobo, or overheating, as the arctic cooling freezer heatsink sucks for this board as it has to either blow up or down, not back, and has less than an inch of clearance from the top GPU. Does anyone have other ideas, had similar problems, and/or know a solution?
Can i reffer you to this post of mine,this should help:

"Setting up xfire the correct way"

http://www.overclock.net/amd-motherb...ml#post8665531
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5687 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob7 View Post
It does not work, It is grayed out. I know how to adjust things. I have it overclocked to 3.82, I just dont know how to get the voltages to not be grayed out. I dont understand why mine is like this. I have the newest firmware and it always been like this.

Thanks,
Bob
Well if you "know how to adjust things",how did you get to 3.82ghz,you need to use the same + & - keys,sorry if this sounds abrupt,but you came accross abrupt with that wording.You need to highlite each option,and then adjust with the keys,someone else had this problem,found out there keyboard was "US".
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5688 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob7 View Post
It does not work, It is grayed out. I know how to adjust things. I have it overclocked to 3.82, I just dont know how to get the voltages to not be grayed out. I dont understand why mine is like this. I have the newest firmware and it always been like this.

Thanks,
Bob
ok sorry guys, I understand now, WOW!!!! I did not know there is a difference between - and + on the keyboard. I thought that they were the same.

WOW, thanks guys!!!!! What is a good CPU voltage to start at. I have it at 1.480 and 3.876 with it at x19 and 204 right now

Thanks,
Bob
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
post #5689 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moparbob7 View Post
ok sorry guys, I understand now, WOW!!!! I did not know there is a difference between - and + on the keyboard. I thought that they were the same.

WOW, thanks guys!!!!! What is a good CPU voltage to start at. I have it at 1.480 and 3.876 with it at x19 and 204 right now

Thanks,
Bob
Your welcome,a little more info on your system would help,ie cpu,ram,etc etc,then we can advise more.

If you go to the top of the page,select "user cp" and "add system",you can input all your system details,this gives us a lot more info,enabling us to help you more.
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5690 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
Your welcome,a little more info on your system would help,ie cpu,ram,etc etc,then we can advise more.

If you go to the top of the page,select "user cp" and "add system",you can input all your system details,this gives us a lot more info,enabling us to help you more.
Ok, just added some info. Thanks alot
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club