Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 656

post #6551 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by tooler View Post
Not sure about the CMOS error... I've never seen it. Maybe try setting to failsafe in bios before you flash.Someone else may have some insight on this.
It doesn't seem to be much of an issue, only occurs on flash, doesn't show up ever again until I flash again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooler View Post
Set your memory voltage to the default manually instead of auto.I dont think your ram is the problem. If your crashing in 3DMark that quick, then I think one of your 5770's is the problem, or as I said before, it could be the ATI driver....or a corrupt windows install.... just a thought, but how old is this install?
MSI Afterburner/Kombuster had no issues running up to an hour though... despite reaching 100 degrees C... What should the temps be? 100 deg C seems hot...

The install is about 2 months old
Edited by CFire - 5/2/10 at 10:43am
HTSFE System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 790FX-GD70 2 XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (CrossFire) 2 G. Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2x2GB Dual Channel) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
3x (HITACHI Deskstar HD32000) + 1x (WD1001FALS)) Windows 7 x64 OCZ GameXStream OCZ850GXSSLI Broadway Com Corp R-810 
  hide details  
Reply
HTSFE System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 790FX-GD70 2 XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (CrossFire) 2 G. Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2x2GB Dual Channel) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
3x (HITACHI Deskstar HD32000) + 1x (WD1001FALS)) Windows 7 x64 OCZ GameXStream OCZ850GXSSLI Broadway Com Corp R-810 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #6552 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
Just a little pointer,3dmark 06 is cpu intensive,vantage is gpu intensive,Hope this helps.
huh, vantage gave me a bsod> atikmpag.sys
3dmark 06 is the one that causes instant reboot with error 'Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error'...

hmm, seems like I have issues with both gpu and cpu
HTSFE System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 790FX-GD70 2 XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (CrossFire) 2 G. Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2x2GB Dual Channel) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
3x (HITACHI Deskstar HD32000) + 1x (WD1001FALS)) Windows 7 x64 OCZ GameXStream OCZ850GXSSLI Broadway Com Corp R-810 
  hide details  
Reply
HTSFE System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition MSI 790FX-GD70 2 XFX HD-577A-ZNFC Radeon HD 5770 (CrossFire) 2 G. Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ (2x2GB Dual Channel) 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
3x (HITACHI Deskstar HD32000) + 1x (WD1001FALS)) Windows 7 x64 OCZ GameXStream OCZ850GXSSLI Broadway Com Corp R-810 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6553 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
You need to set the ram timings and voltage manualy,to do this you highlite the option you want to change and use the + and - keys on far left of your keyboard to change values.Hope this helps.

Dont hesitate to ask if you get stuck.

Edit,thats far right not left,my mistake.
hehe, I now feel a total idiot - it even tells you what to do in the instructions column - just I'm always expecting a sub-menu I assumed it was not accessible.

Oh well, I did what the vendors suggested but am really no further forward. I set it manually to 1.5v (it did by the way the + and - scrolls seem Auto was set to 1.6 but maybe that's just the way the menu works? In any case I'm thinking 1.6 for this RAM would not be a bad thing?).

But I still get one stick passing, other failing. For now I've put both sticks back in. Prime85 actually runs Blend now though I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet. No BSOD's yet but it's only been 20 min .

Thanks a lot for your help so far. Any further suggestions much appreciated.
post #6554 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
hehe, I now feel a total idiot - it even tells you what to do in the instructions column - just I'm always expecting a sub-menu I assumed it was not accessible.

Oh well, I did what the vendors suggested but am really no further forward. I set it manually to 1.5v (it did by the way the + and - scrolls seem Auto was set to 1.6 but maybe that's just the way the menu works? In any case I'm thinking 1.6 for this RAM would not be a bad thing?).

But I still get one stick passing, other failing. For now I've put both sticks back in. Prime85 actually runs Blend now though I haven't had a chance to test it thoroughly yet. No BSOD's yet but it's only been 20 min .

Thanks a lot for your help so far. Any further suggestions much appreciated.
What is the manufacturers specified voltage for you ram,and timings,try using one stick at a time,and running your tests.
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6555 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFire View Post
huh, vantage gave me a bsod> atikmpag.sys
3dmark 06 is the one that causes instant reboot with error 'Hyper Transport Sync Flood Error'...

hmm, seems like I have issues with both gpu and cpu
Sync flood errors are normaly voltage related.But on the odd ocations can be driver related.
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6556 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
What is the manufacturers specified voltage for you ram,and timings,try using one stick at a time,and running your tests.
1.5v is specified. I now am sure it is that that is set in the BIOS. Have tested both sticks. One still fails memtest within a few seconds and the other passes all night. This is more or less what happened with the original kit which they replaced so I am wondering if there is a way of testing whether this is being caused by something else - board or CPU maybe?

When I run with only the "good" stick it fails prime85 Blend test within a few seconds. When I run with both sticks prime85 Blend - haven't had time to test for extended period. However, with both sticks in I get those random BSODs.

Thanks for your suggestions - keep them coming .
post #6557 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Restorer View Post
1.5v is specified. I now am sure it is that that is set in the BIOS. Have tested both sticks. One still fails memtest within a few seconds and the other passes all night. This is more or less what happened with the original kit which they replaced so I am wondering if there is a way of testing whether this is being caused by something else - board or CPU maybe?

When I run with only the "good" stick it fails prime85 Blend test within a few seconds. When I run with both sticks prime85 Blend - haven't had time to test for extended period. However, with both sticks in I get those random BSODs.

Thanks for your suggestions - keep them coming .
Can you give me your precise ram specs,ie make, model,timings,voltage,this can be found on the sticks,unless they are "eco's",1.5v sounds wrong.
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
CORSAIR WC
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
HASWELL-E 5960x (3423B529)Costa Rica + 5960X (J...  GIGABYTE X99 SOC Champion/ ASUS RAMPAGE V EXTR... 2X NVIDIA GTX 980 Ti's 16 GIG G-SKILL DDR4 3200/3300/3400 KITS 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
OCZ VERTEX 450 128GB SSD OCZ AGILITY 4 256GB S... LG BD RE-WRITER1 X SAMSUNG 20X KOOLANCE 380I BLOCK 2X XSPC 360 RADS 1X XSPC 12...  WINDOWS 10 X64 BUILD 11099 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2X AOC 28" LED SAITEK ECLIPSE II SUPER FLOWER 1300W GOLD CORSAIR OBSIDIAN 900D 
Mouse
LOGITECH MX1000 LASER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6558 of 9641
Quote:
This will help your ram. And speaking of the Ram, run them in the 2 farthest slots from the CPU.
i have a single stick is it better for me to run it in the dimm closest to the cpu or not?
post #6559 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorhen2 View Post
Just a little pointer,3dmark 06 is cpu intensive,vantage is gpu intensive,Hope this helps.
good point ... but still, at optimal settings somthing is not quite right.


I would still do a clean install... .

And even after a clean install test with just one GPU, before going Xfire.

Good Luck bud....
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 c2 MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire HD5770 x2 4g Mushkin Blackline 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptors x3 Win7 x64 Asus 23" HD Corsair 750HX 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 c2 MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire HD5770 x2 4g Mushkin Blackline 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptors x3 Win7 x64 Asus 23" HD Corsair 750HX 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6560 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitoriko View Post
i have a single stick is it better for me to run it in the dimm closest to the cpu or not?

I would try slot 1 and then 3, just to see if one gives better results.

But that's just me... I never take anything for granted....
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 c2 MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire HD5770 x2 4g Mushkin Blackline 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptors x3 Win7 x64 Asus 23" HD Corsair 750HX 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
955 c2 MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire HD5770 x2 4g Mushkin Blackline 7-9-7-24 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Raptors x3 Win7 x64 Asus 23" HD Corsair 750HX 
Case
Antec 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club