Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 72

post #711 of 9641
Ok guys really need some help here!

So on my board if I put one stick of my ram in the first black slot it works fine.

If I put one stick of ram in the 2nd black slot I get the D3 error.

if I put one stick of my ram in the first blue slot it works fine.

If I put one stick of ram in the 2nd blue slot I get the D5 error.

If I put 2 sticks of ram in either both the black or blue slots the board doesnt post.

I have two sets of RAM and the problem happens with both so its not the ram.

Anyone come accross this before? No matter what I do I cant run dual channel

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #712 of 9641
Thread Starter 
could it be bios settings? I would check voltage.
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
Black beauty
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k asus x99-a Gtx 770 G.skill ripjaws 4 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
samsung 840 evo  WD black WD black Custom water 320 rad 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Asus 21.5 led x3 Logitech g110 Corsair 850TX 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
technofront HWD Steelseries Xai WOWPAD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #713 of 9641
Quote:
could it be bios settings? I would check voltage.
I think it is a setting in the bios so im trying all of them now! Voltages are set.

Its either a bios setting or the IMC on my CPU is dead
post #714 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riskitall84 View Post
Ok guys really need some help here!

So on my board if I put one stick of my ram in the first black slot it works fine.

If I put one stick of ram in the 2nd black slot I get the D3 error.

if I put one stick of my ram in the first blue slot it works fine.

If I put one stick of ram in the 2nd blue slot I get the D5 error.

If I put 2 sticks of ram in either both the black or blue slots the board doesnt post.

I have two sets of RAM and the problem happens with both so its not the ram.

Anyone come accross this before? No matter what I do I cant run dual channel
Is your CPU with unlocked 4th core? Maybe try with default 3 cores.
Red Monsoon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @4.9ghz Asus Maximus V Formula Zotac GTX 680 Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intel 330 180gb Sony Optiarc AD-7690H-01 EK Supreme HF Classified Razor GTX680 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 / RS240 Monsoon D5 Windows 7 Pro Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G15 v2 Corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Monsoon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @4.9ghz Asus Maximus V Formula Zotac GTX 680 Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intel 330 180gb Sony Optiarc AD-7690H-01 EK Supreme HF Classified Razor GTX680 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 / RS240 Monsoon D5 Windows 7 Pro Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G15 v2 Corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #715 of 9641
Quote:
Is your CPU with unlocked 4th core? Maybe try with default 3 cores.
Running everything at stock. Its as though slots 2 and 4 are just not working!
post #716 of 9641
Did you try different bios (I'm assuming you are using one of the latest betas)?
Red Monsoon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @4.9ghz Asus Maximus V Formula Zotac GTX 680 Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intel 330 180gb Sony Optiarc AD-7690H-01 EK Supreme HF Classified Razor GTX680 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 / RS240 Monsoon D5 Windows 7 Pro Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G15 v2 Corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Red Monsoon
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770k @4.9ghz Asus Maximus V Formula Zotac GTX 680 Mushkin 994008 16gb @2133mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingCooling
Intel 330 180gb Sony Optiarc AD-7690H-01 EK Supreme HF Classified Razor GTX680 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
XSPC RX480 / RS240 Monsoon D5 Windows 7 Pro Asus PA248Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseAudio
Logitech G15 v2 Corsair AX850 Silverstone TJ07 Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #717 of 9641
I could really use some Overclocking help with this board -_-... 2 simple questions I'm sure you guys can knock out for me ^^. I'm using a Phenom II X2 550 & 4gb 1600

1) Trying to understand what voltages need to be changed. I raised the CPU Voltage (3rd one down I believe) and CPU-Z reads it right but AMD OverDrive doesn't. It reads the CPU-VDD as the voltage. So what voltages do I need to adjust and can anyone give me a ballpark voltage amount for these to hit 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8??

2) With everything stock, I tried unlocking my other 2 cores and somehow all it does is cold boot. I put ACC to "auto" and EC Fireware to "special", so is there something Im leaving out??

Thanks for any help. This board has too many voltage settings so Im in tears lol!!!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X2 550 MSI 790FX-GD70 HIS 4870 1GB IceQ4+ Turbo Mushkin XP 4GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Black Caviar Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD Burner Windows 7 Professional (64) LG W2353V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek PZ30AU CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lancool PC-K62 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X2 550 MSI 790FX-GD70 HIS 4870 1GB IceQ4+ Turbo Mushkin XP 4GB DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital 500GB Black Caviar Sony Optiarc 24x DVD/CD Burner Windows 7 Professional (64) LG W2353V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Saitek PZ30AU CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX Lancool PC-K62 Logitech G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #718 of 9641
Quote:
Did you try different bios (I'm assuming you are using one of the latest betas)?
Again thought that would be the prob but ive tried 1.3 and 4 with no luck
post #719 of 9641
Quote:
I could really use some Overclocking help with this board -_-... 2 simple questions I'm sure you guys can knock out for me ^^. I'm using a Phenom II X2 550 & 4gb 1600

1) Trying to understand what voltages need to be changed. I raised the CPU Voltage (3rd one down I believe) and CPU-Z reads it right but AMD OverDrive doesn't. It reads the CPU-VDD as the voltage. So what voltages do I need to adjust and can anyone give me a ballpark voltage amount for these to hit 3.6, 3.7, and 3.8??

2) With everything stock, I tried unlocking my other 2 cores and somehow all it does is cold boot. I put ACC to "auto" and EC Fireware to "special", so is there something Im leaving out??

Thanks for any help. This board has too many voltage settings so Im in tears lol!!!
What bios version are you using? Found that 1.5b7 was the best to unlock with.

Also the CPU Voltage is actually the CPU-NB VDD Option so increasing that will increase your VCore not the CPU voltage option.

Edit - My bad its the option above that CPU VDD
Edited by Riskitall84 - 9/17/09 at 10:04am
post #720 of 9641
Update - So ive just tried the RAM and CPU on my ASUS board and im having the same prob.

Think my CPU's IMC is dead
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club