Originally Posted by glide
I read thru a good 150 pages of this thread, and I figure, the best way is to just ask.
I have g.skill f3-12800cl9d-4gbrl from Newegg.
AMD Phenom II X4 C3 965 Black
Corsair TX 750 W 80 plus
POST works fine. Windows 7 blue screens when I try to install with a variety of errors like IRQ_blah, MEMORY_blah, etc.
LInux kernel panics trying to load up an installation CD, so I am thinking these g.skills are the culprit.
Can I get this rig stable with these DIMMS? What should I put in the Cell setup? Lots of threads point to upping the voltage, and I have tried a variety of settings. Please help.
Try Changing only these settings to start:
1. CPU-NB Multiplier to x13
2. Memory Strap to 1:4 (=1600mhz)
3. (In Advanced Dram Configuration) Switch:
.... A. DCT mode to "Both"
.... B. Drive Strengths Section to "Both"
.... C. Advanced Dram Section to "Both"
.... D. Bank interleaving to "Disable"
4. HT link Multiplier to x10
5. CPU-NB Voltage (NOT
, I repeat, NOT
the CPU-NB VDD
Voltage) to 1.25v
6. CPU DDR-PHY Voltage to 1.25v
7. Dram Voltage to 1.50v-1.55v
8. NB Chipset Voltage to 1.25v
9. Ht Link Voltage to 1.28-1.30v (Some GD70's Vary with Different ram)
10. Spread Spectrum to "Disable" UNLESS You're Local City has Abnormal issues with EMI (Electro-Magnetic Interference....)
Let us know how these Settings work....