Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club - Page 723

post #7221 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
"real Specific" in what sense? What are you specifically aiming this comment towards? ACC, Voltages, Timings, Drive strengths?
Well working off of Mduclow's quick n dirty guide, let start with the very beginning: I have a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX What are my stock voltages?

After that I'm not sure what I should start with. I know I should increase something til its unstable, then increase voltage til it is stable, then repeat til I hit max temp, but not sure which order to do things in, Core Multiplier, HT Ref or NB Multiplier first?

My goal is to as close to 4Mhz and stable as possible.

Also, what is he unlock cpu core option in the bios? Enable or disable?


Thanks for the help.
Edited by FilthyHarry - 8/1/10 at 2:59pm
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz MSI 790FX-gd70 MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 5850 A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SD 
OSPower
Windows 7 64bit KINGWIN LZG-700 GOLD 700W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz MSI 790FX-gd70 MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 5850 A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SD 
OSPower
Windows 7 64bit KINGWIN LZG-700 GOLD 700W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #7222 of 9641
On my past boards, to get 4ghz stable it was 1.45v on the Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P & 1.42v on the MSI 770-C45 (on which 1.48v was 4.21Ghz stable). Now this board for some reason I'm needing 1.5v I have no clue why.. it just seems it needs more heat to it I guess lol But at least with stock settings everything in voltage(minus the ram at 1333 1.73v) with FSB 257 x 15, nb/ht x9 2300Mhz I get it 100% stable Prime95 on blend.

Its all about 4Ghz that is acting really weird on this board with my phenom, needing too much voltage I've already tested 1.4, 1.42, 1.45, 1.47, 1.48 and on all of them during any of the stress testings its either shut down BSOD or error during the test, it seems 1.5v is when its happy. I've definitely given a huge beating on that chip, 3 motherboards on all over 4Ghz stable 24/7 usage doing allot of video rendering since last year.

Anyways currently I'm still stress testing on prime the overclock I mentioned(same voltage setting still)... its all good so far I think about 2 hours already... but I still need to wait until 3 hours or more to be certain.

Forgot to mention I still haven't updated the bios since I received it(1.7), should I update/change the bios right now (and continue testing there)... I mean since I'm getting the cold boot with 2800Mhz do you have a specific bios version I should use to not get the cold boot issue.... I feel like I'm overclocking here but not giving its full potential capabilities.

*Update

Made the 3 hours on Prime95 blend


Now I need a fix for the cold boot on 2800nb :/ so that I can go for the 4.10Ghz 2.8nb prime test
Edited by sendblink23 - 8/1/10 at 4:18pm
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
SubCow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom ii X4 965BE C3 @ 4.10Ghz (200x20.5) 1.5v MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire + XFX 5770's + EVGA 9800GTX+ 8gb (4 x 2gb) DDR3-1333 6-6-6-15-T1 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1TB Hitachi - 500GB Seagate - 400GB Seagate LG DVD-RW Win 7 Ult x64 / Snow Leo 10.6.6 / Ubuntu 10.10 x64 AOC 2036S 20" + HP vs15 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Agiler Wireless Corsair TX850w Rosewill Challenger - CM590(dead) Agiler Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7223 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilthyHarry View Post
Well working off of Mduclow's quick n dirty guide, let start with the very beginning: I have a Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX What are my stock voltages?

After that I'm not sure what I should start with. I know I should increase something til its unstable, then increase voltage til it is stable, then repeat til I hit max temp, but not sure which order to do things in, Core Multiplier, HT Ref or NB Multiplier first?

My goal is to as close to 4Mhz and stable as possible.

Also, what is he unlock cpu core option in the bios? Enable or disable?


Thanks for the help.
1. Intended Stock Voltages are from 0.825v - 1.40v, most claim that the Core volts should Not exceide 1.55v(?)
2. Order of Ocing....

1. First and best IMO is to find the motherboards Max Stable HT Ref Clk. You should hit a wall around 320-321Mhz. No matter what the voltages. But I found that if you bump it to around 335-338 you may get it to post again. But past that you will need to use the "OC Booster" modes. Mode 1 drops the HT Ref Clk by 20Mhz (or back to 200mhz, whichever is smaller) during post and will jump back up to the BIOS set Ht Ref Clk Mhz about 30-45 seconds after being in the OS (Depending on the BIOS, older BIOS it was about 30seconds after being in OS) (i.e. If you set to 240Mhz in BIOS Mode 1 will drop it to 220mhz during post and back to 240 45secs after being in OS.) Mode 2 will do the same thing but using a 40mhz Difference.

2. Find the CPU's Max freq. not exceiding the max temp on the chip which is 62*C
3. Next you can go with the Max Stable CPU-NB freq.
4. Max Ram freq. and then Lowest timings. (Max Freq. will need Very loose timings/ Lowest Timing will need Lowest Freq.)
4. If you feel so compelled you can find the Max PCI-e Freq. But most leave this alone and some have found better stability bumping the Mhz from 100 to somewhere in the 101-105mhz Range...

Lastly, "Finding the Max" refers to Starting with the increase of Mhz by 5mhz at a time first until you can't post any longer. Then back it down until you can post, then test in Small FFt's mode (Tests primarily the CPU) in Prime95. If you can't find 3+ ( or 24) hour stability keep lower Mhz 1 mhz at a time until you find the Max Stable mhz. Then if you like and fell comfortable, you can add a step in volts and rerun the process. This basically goes for the rest of the system. Timings will be more along the lines of Lowering the CAS First, test, then the tRCD, tRP, tRAS and tRC, testing between each and slowly working down all of the timings.

Hope this helps...


Quote:
Originally Posted by sendblink23 View Post
On my past boards, to get 4ghz stable it was 1.45v on the Gigabyte MA790XT-UD4P & 1.42v on the MSI 770-C45 (on which 1.48v was 4.21Ghz stable). Now this board for some reason I'm needing 1.5v I have no clue why.. it just seems it needs more heat to it I guess lol But at least with stock settings everything in voltage(minus the ram at 1333 1.73v) with FSB 257 x 15, nb/ht x9 2300Mhz I get it 100% stable Prime95 on blend.

Its all about 4Ghz that is acting really weird on this board with my phenom, needing too much voltage I've already tested 1.4, 1.42, 1.45, 1.47, 1.48 and on all of them during any of the stress testings its either shut down BSOD or error during the test, it seems 1.5v is when its happy. I've definitely given a huge beating on that chip, 3 motherboards on all over 4Ghz stable 24/7 usage doing allot of video rendering since last year.

Anyways currently I'm still stress testing on prime the overclock I mentioned(same voltage setting still)... its all good so far I think about 2 hours already... but I still need to wait until 3 hours or more to be certain.

Forgot to mention I still haven't updated the bios since I received it(1.7), should I update/change the bios right now (and continue testing there)... I mean since I'm getting the cold boot with 2800Mhz do you have a specific bios version I should use to not get the cold boot issue.... I feel like I'm overclocking here but not giving its full potential capabilities.

*Update

Made the 3 hours on Prime95 blend.

Now I need a fix for the cold boot on 2800nb :/ so that I can go for the 4.10Ghz 2.8nb prime test
Try the 1.10 (1.1A0) for the cold boot fix.... I tested every BIOS including betas from 1.77b to the Current official 1.1D0 and 1.1A0 was th only BIOS that let me Cold Boot at x14 on the CPU-NB Multi....

And as far as this.... I was serious. but I wanted the faces to represent me being polite about it..... K?

[quote]Nowhere I've said that I know more than him so take ur bs somewhere else, I've only been showing my stable on 4ghz with simple settings & he's also helping me... so I don't know what ur talking about.[quote/]


So lets all just forget that it happened and focus on what we love to do and talk about....
Edited by Mastiffman - 8/1/10 at 6:25pm
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7224 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
I've been laying a bit low latey. I have a 4.5 week old boy now. And a 2.5year old so we've been a bit busy. I'm trying to get back on the forum more.
Congrats on your newborn son!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K [Delid] Asrock Z77E-ITX XFX Radeon R9 Fury X G.SKILL 2133MHz 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Crucial M4 256GB Silicon Power S60 120GB Western Digital Blue Scorpio 1TB Seagate Constellation 2 1TB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Swiftech Apogee Drive II XSPC RX240+EX240 [Painted White] 5x 2150RPM Gentle Typhoons PWM [Painted Black+W... Bitspower Water Tank Z-Multi 80 Inline Reservoir  
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 LG 34UC88-B 34" Ultrawide 3440x1440 75Hz HP ZR2240w IPS WASD CODE 87-Key [MX Clear + PBT Keycaps] 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Seasonix X-750 Case Labs Mercury S3 Logitech G502 Sennheiser HD 598 SE 
Audio
Micca OriGen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7225 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post

And as far as this.... I was serious. but I wanted the faces to represent me being polite about it..... K?


So lets all just forget that it happened and focus on what we love to do and talk about....
This why you're the man in this thread. Very nicely said. +rep
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II X4 B50 BE Callisto MSI MS-7577 790FX-GD70 XFX Radeon HD5870 XFX Radeon HD5870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill DDR3-1600 Seagate Seagate Sony Optiarc 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair CWCH-50 AC Accelero Extreme 5870 W7HPX64 Acer 23" LED LCD Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 OCZ ZX 850w Modular Scout, of course R.A.T. 7  
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Phenom II X4 B50 BE Callisto MSI MS-7577 790FX-GD70 XFX Radeon HD5870 XFX Radeon HD5870 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G-Skill DDR3-1600 Seagate Seagate Sony Optiarc 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
Corsair CWCH-50 AC Accelero Extreme 5870 W7HPX64 Acer 23" LED LCD Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G510 OCZ ZX 850w Modular Scout, of course R.A.T. 7  
  hide details  
Reply
post #7226 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendblink23 View Post
well here is another one, only thing I didn't like was that it started raining while testing which made my ambient actually lowered temps so, my air conditioner felt colder in my room. Eitherway trying to get this working was a hassle I failed so many times getting errors... it literally took me all night long, but finally made it through around 6am

4.10Ghz 200 x 20.5 cpu voltage 1.5v, nb x14 2800mhz cpu-nb voltage 1.35v


I'd assume without the rain my max load should have been around 55c - 57c. I will try again more later during the day to get the correct temps... I don't find these fair.
What are your ambients man..awesome temps.
E IV
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASRock Z77 OC Formula Nvidia Zotac GTX 770 Gskill Trident 2400 Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840  OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate 7200 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" Benq Logitech Antec HCP 850W Caselabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Razer Asus Xonar DGX Microlabs C Series 
  hide details  
Reply
E IV
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K ASRock Z77 OC Formula Nvidia Zotac GTX 770 Gskill Trident 2400 Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
Samsung 840  OCZ Vertex 2 Seagate 7200 Windows 8 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
22" Benq Logitech Antec HCP 850W Caselabs SM8 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Razer Asus Xonar DGX Microlabs C Series 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7227 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post
Congrats on your newborn son!
Hey thanks man... He's a cool little guy and EATING all the time. What a life. Eat, sleep and poop! lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockr69 View Post
This why you're the man in this thread. Very nicely said. +rep
You get out of life, what you put into it...... "A Man Reapeth what he sow...." -[The Bible]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mav2000 View Post
What are your ambients man..awesome temps.
Ya know.... lol- I've thought about setting up duct work from the front of a wall AC unit to the intake of my Rad, then blowing out into the room. It would keep the CPU quite chilly with a 10k AC unit.... :thinking" You can get them new for a $150
Edited by Mastiffman - 8/2/10 at 2:08am
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
SAM3 Water Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 C3 955 @ 4.1Ghz w/3Ghz NB MSI 790FX-GD70 Sapphire VAPOR-X 5770 1060/1515mhz 4Gb Kit OCZ FlexEX WaterCooled 1600mhz 6-6-6-18 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 32Gb, WD Green 500Gb, WD Green 2Tb 1x Sammy DVD/ 1x LiteOn BD-Rom Windows 7 Professional 64bit Acer H243H 24" 1080P HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS Media Raidmax 850W Silverstone Raven RV02B-W Labtech 
Mouse Pad
Gen 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7228 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
1. Intended Stock Voltages are from 0.825v - 1.40v, most claim that the Core volts should Not exceide 1.55v(?)
2. Order of Ocing....

1. First and best IMO is to find the motherboards Max Stable HT Ref Clk. You should hit a wall around 320-321Mhz. No matter what the voltages. But I found that if you bump it to around 335-338 you may get it to post again. But past that you will need to use the "OC Booster" modes. Mode 1 drops the HT Ref Clk by 20Mhz (or back to 200mhz, whichever is smaller) during post and will jump back up to the BIOS set Ht Ref Clk Mhz about 30-45 seconds after being in the OS (Depending on the BIOS, older BIOS it was about 30seconds after being in OS) (i.e. If you set to 240Mhz in BIOS Mode 1 will drop it to 220mhz during post and back to 240 45secs after being in OS.) Mode 2 will do the same thing but using a 40mhz Difference.

2. Find the CPU's Max freq. not exceiding the max temp on the chip which is 62*C
3. Next you can go with the Max Stable CPU-NB freq.
4. Max Ram freq. and then Lowest timings. (Max Freq. will need Very loose timings/ Lowest Timing will need Lowest Freq.)
4. If you feel so compelled you can find the Max PCI-e Freq. But most leave this alone and some have found better stability bumping the Mhz from 100 to somewhere in the 101-105mhz Range...

Lastly, "Finding the Max" refers to Starting with the increase of Mhz by 5mhz at a time first until you can't post any longer. Then back it down until you can post, then test in Small FFt's mode (Tests primarily the CPU) in Prime95. If you can't find 3+ ( or 24) hour stability keep lower Mhz 1 mhz at a time until you find the Max Stable mhz. Then if you like and fell comfortable, you can add a step in volts and rerun the process. This basically goes for the rest of the system. Timings will be more along the lines of Lowering the CAS First, test, then the tRCD, tRP, tRAS and tRC, testing between each and slowly working down all of the timings.

Hope this helps...
IT definitely helps, thank you. Now I need some specifics because the terminology seems so loose with many of these things.

As far as the CPU and NB Voltages go, the first 4 voltages are:

CPU VDD Voltage (V)
CPU-NB VDD Voltage (V)
CPU Voltage (V)
CPU NB-Voltage (V)


If I've understood mduclow, I shouldn't set the first 2 above stock. Does that mean leave them on auto and just change the second 2, or should I increase the first 2 to max stock voltage (1.40 for example for the first one) and then increase the 2nd two? Also, whats the stock voltage for the NB?

Next question, what bios setting corresponds to the Max Stable HT Ref Clk? I think its the Adjust CPU FSB Frequency (MHz) but mine starts at 200 and going up to 320 seems insanely high.

Thanks!!
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz MSI 790FX-gd70 MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 5850 A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SD 
OSPower
Windows 7 64bit KINGWIN LZG-700 GOLD 700W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v 
  hide details  
Reply
Mine
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz MSI 790FX-gd70 MSI R5850 Twin Frozr II Radeon HD 5850 A-DATA Gaming Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SD 
OSPower
Windows 7 64bit KINGWIN LZG-700 GOLD 700W ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V v 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7229 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kokin View Post
Congrats on your newborn son!
yeah congrats, should keep ya busy
DANTE'S INFERNO
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd fx 8150 ASUS CROSSHAIR V ASUS 5850 DIRECT CU 1000/1250 so far CORSAIR DOM GT 2133MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD BLACK 640MB RAID 0, 3x500GB + 750GB+ 1TB LG BLURAY ROM corsair h-100 WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
VIEWSONIC 22" LOGITECH G-15 THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 750W MODULAR COOLER MASTER HAF-X 
Mouse
Logitech MX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
DANTE'S INFERNO
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
amd fx 8150 ASUS CROSSHAIR V ASUS 5850 DIRECT CU 1000/1250 so far CORSAIR DOM GT 2133MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD BLACK 640MB RAID 0, 3x500GB + 750GB+ 1TB LG BLURAY ROM corsair h-100 WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE 64BIT 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
VIEWSONIC 22" LOGITECH G-15 THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER 750W MODULAR COOLER MASTER HAF-X 
Mouse
Logitech MX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7230 of 9641
Quote:
Originally Posted by sendblink23 View Post
Do you know how to read? I clearly said "ALL"
Look at the printscreen & read the memory size & "all" button pressed


read carefully before commenting =P
This is truely not the way to go about things for asking members for help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Hey Man, if you can't refrain from being a prick every chance that you get, you can take your questions a comments to Another Forum... No one likes Cocky, mouthy Jerks! If not you're not going to much from this thread....................................... Did you happen to see the time that i replied? it was late, it was a simlpe mistake so next time you ask someone "do you know how to read?" When clearly they do, make sure that you have a bit self control with that mouth of yours.....
Joking huh? HHmmm, I think he puts smilies in every one of his posts. You just came off like a prick TBO...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastiffman View Post
Ah, Sorry about that. I thought that you had 1600Mhz Ram... That's my fault. So maybe 1400-1500Mhz OC later is what will be looking at then. But then again you have 8Gb of Ram so maybe leave them at 1333, Tighten up the timings and we try and help you to get that CPU-NB up closer to 3ghs. This board with the quads OC'd and a 3ghz CPU-NB brings any Ram to life!

Ok he admits he's wrong here, also with a smilely...


Ah thanks man. it's nice see around here again! I've been laying a bit low latey. I have a 4.5 week old boy now. And a 2.5year old so we've been a bit busy. I'm trying to get back on the forum more.

P.S. Good advice buddy!
Congrats on the newborn! Good to see your still around. What happened to mduclow? Haven't seen him in a while?

Moral of the story is if you want or need advice don't be a prick and you shall receive it in a timely manner based on other members availability at that specific moment. Also post constructive topics/replies that can potentially help other members out with this board. Most likely your issue has been talked about somewhere within the 723 pages of this thread...
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1055T@ 4.0Ghz 1.465v MSI 790FX-GD70 Palit GTX480 OCZ AMD BE 1600Mhz 4GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Corsair 32GB SSD/WD Blue 500GB/ 1TB External SAMSUNG Black Blu-ray Combo Drive Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Mitsubishi WD-60735 60", 3D Ready! w/3D Vision 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Rocketfish Bluetooth Corsair HX 850w Modular NZXT Tempest, Clear Side, 2 Yate Loon's/ 4 CM R4 RocketFish Bluetooth 
Mouse Pad
Don't need one works on any surface 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD Motherboards

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD Motherboards › [Official] MSI 790FX-GD70 Owners Club