Greetings mobo gurus!
Well, first I have to say thanks for all of the great info contained within this colossal thread. I am putting together my first build as I write this, and based the components therein on the specs that seemed popular in your excellent posts.
Just a couple of questions...some of this is probably amazingly simple, please forgive my abject noobishness...
1. Many posts indicate that the BIOS should be updated via the internet, not the included disk...is this performed prior to the OS (Windows 7 Ultimate 64) installation?
2. What parameters should I adjust in the BIOS at this point? I recall folks saying that they adjust the RAM voltage...anything else??
3. Other forums say that a new system should run a bunch of "stressing" programs to burn the system in (and possibly heat up the thermal paste on the CPU??). Are there any such programs, and benchmarking programs, that you prefer?
4. I have yet to buy a CPU cooler, but did make certain that my memory was not too tall since it is situated so close to the CPU (once again, thanks for the tip!). Is there a consensus HSF that you folks like for this CPU and mobo?
5. Given that this is a very OCable board and CPU, is there a really good beginners tutorial for this. Also, since this board seems to have hardware OCing right on the mobo it is especially confusing.
6. Any other info/tips/tricks that you want to let me in on? I would really appreciate any wisdom you would provide.
I REALLY tried to find the most common answers to most of these questions prior to bugging you guys...even read a sizable portion of the entire thread. Got some great info, but some of it was definitely over my head.
Thanks in advance for your time and info!!!!