Hi guys, i am new to this forum so i greet everyone here... i've been watching around the forum but i decided to join as this is a great community!
I've assembled a media center PC with the following main components:
- Asus M4A89GTD PRO (not the USB3 one)
- NOX 450W Power Supply
- AMD Phenom II 550 C3 revision (not the Black Edition one)
- 2x2GB Kingston HyperX 1333 DDR3
- 2x Samsung 250GB in RAID 0
I couldn't unlock the 4 cores simultaneously at the begining, but after i've spent some time trying different core unlocking combinations, i've become quite surprised and amazed by results.. they're quite strange:
Unlocked Cores: 0,1 (standard) - OK
Unlocked Cores: 0,1,2,3 - FAIL (system reboots on windows 7 logo)
Unlocked Cores: 0,1,2 - FAIL(system reboots on windows 7 logo)
Unlocked Cores: 0,1,3 - FAIL (system reboots on windows 7 logo)
Unlocked Cores: 0,2,3 - OK
(this is the surprising part.
The Cores 2 and 3 work quite stable, they're fully used by windows. So by now i'm running the cores 0, 2 and 3 overclocked from 3.1 to 3.56 Ghz, with stock amd cooler. (not very cool (about 55Âº full load) because i don't have case coolers... i've ordered 2 silent ones but still weren't delivered to me).
CPU bus speed: 230 Mhz
CPU offset voltage = 1.47 (ajusted automatically by the MOBO)
CPU VDDA voltage = 2.496 (auto)
CPU/NB offset voltage = 1.2 (auto)
DRAM Voltage = 1.543 (auto)
NB Voltage = 1.18 (auto)
SB Voltage = 1.1 (auto)
SidePort Memory Voltage = 1.5 (auto)
CPU LoadLine Calibration = Enabled
CPU/NB LoadLine Calibration = Enabled
CPU Spread Spectrum = Enabled
Memory is currently underclocked at ~= 1227 MHZ (if i increase it, the computer won't even POST)
My questions are, and i would appreciate your help very much:
- All the cores prove to work... core 0 an 1 work together, 0,2 and 3 also work together. The thing is... i cannot manage to put the core 1 working together with the other cores... what can i do to put them work together (all cores unlocked)??
- I tried to increase the voltage of the Memmory to 1.6v and 1.7v (the memory specification of Kngston says it can take 1.7v) in order to increase its frequency, but after reboot, the mobo can't do it.. it keeps it around 1.5v. Why is this happening?
- Isn't it a bit too much 1.47v too much for the CPU?? Will this voltage damage the processor?
Thanks Edited by xtech - 5/12/10 at 6:38am