Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. - Page 132

post #1311 of 35819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt;11893268 
I enjoy them a lot, no issues.

The only game I can think having problem double tapping is Gunz the Duel when performing K-style. That game spams WASD, shift, and space key A LOT but, I don't know and doesn't matter to me because I quit this game years ago.

Ohhh dear GunZ... tongue.gif
I killed a laptop playing that game.
Shnurok 3.0
(22 items)
 
Alienware M11x
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 ASUS Sabertooth X58 PowerColor 6870 G.Skill π 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
60GB Vertex Turbo WD 1TB Black 500GB Scorpio Blue Stinger Hybrid 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP 655 CyberDruid custom Waterfall  MCR320 Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 DAS Ultimate S Silent XFX XXX 750w PRO CaseLabs M8 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Destructor ASUS Xonar D2X Logitech G51 
Audio
Corsair H1SA 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SU7300 M11Xr1 GT335M 4GB Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
120GB Vertex 2 Windows 7 Home Premium x64 11.6" M11X 
Mouse
Logitech MX Anywhere 
  hide details  
Reply
Shnurok 3.0
(22 items)
 
Alienware M11x
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 D0 ASUS Sabertooth X58 PowerColor 6870 G.Skill π 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
60GB Vertex Turbo WD 1TB Black 500GB Scorpio Blue Stinger Hybrid 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
MCP 655 CyberDruid custom Waterfall  MCR320 Win 7 Pro x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2711 DAS Ultimate S Silent XFX XXX 750w PRO CaseLabs M8 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G500 Razer Destructor ASUS Xonar D2X Logitech G51 
Audio
Corsair H1SA 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
SU7300 M11Xr1 GT335M 4GB Hynix 
Hard DriveOSMonitorCase
120GB Vertex 2 Windows 7 Home Premium x64 11.6" M11X 
Mouse
Logitech MX Anywhere 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1312 of 35819
My Steelseries 7G space bar is behaving a little odd.

Space bar sounds more clicky on right side then left and i can depress the right side a small touch more then the left before i feel resistance from the mechanism, in other words left side feels "stiffer" then right by a little. Also get a squeak from left side every so often.

Key activation distance itself is unaffected with the above however, same distance on both sides.

The two smaller black things that the key top fixes into ether side of the switch itself, are they ment to be loose i.e not staying in the extended/out position even with key top removed ?

Some clarity would be nice as if this sounds horribly wrong to you guys I will look into RMA/Returns.
post #1313 of 35819
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch_123;11890514 
There are many pads of keys on a keyboard.

I have the funniest feeling I've had this discussion before.
Really? If this image below is accurate, then there's only one pad:

keyboard_labeled_by_phaedrus2401-d2yv8b7.jpg


Of course, I disagree with the term "numpad". The typing book I learned from over 15 years ago called it a "Keypad". Also, the products on Elite Keyboards you guys would call a "numpad" are labeled as "Keypads".

Anyway, the point is that there's only one "pad".
Edited by TwoCables - 1/4/11 at 9:22pm
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1314 of 35819
Why do they call it tenkeyless when the numpad usually has 17? tongue.gif
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
LG34UM94 G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
LG34UM94 G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1315 of 35819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy9000;11894721 
Why do they call it tenkeyless when the numpad usually has 17? tongue.gif

I think it's because 0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 = 10 keys and it sounds better than 17 keyless so they ignore the others
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I5-2500k 4.8Ghz @ 1.38v Z68X-UD4-B3 PNY 480 8GB Dominator 1600's 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 510 + 300GB Velociraptor LG DVD RW Server 2012 HP 25" + HP 20" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Deck Legend TX850W XClio Coolbox Mamba 
Mouse PadAudio
Dolica HD550's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1316 of 35819
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables;11894632 
Really? If this image below is accurate, then there's only one pad:

keyboard_labeled_by_phaedrus2401-d2yv8b7.jpg


Of course, I disagree with the term "numpad". The typing book I learned from over 15 years ago called it a "Keypad". Also, the products on Elite Keyboards you guys would call a "numpad" are labeled as "Keypads".

Anyway, the point is that there's only one "pad".

Hey, I made that a few months ago. What did you google to find it?
post #1317 of 35819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129;11895111 
Hey, I made that a few months ago. What did you google to find it?
It took me a while to find it. I kept searching for things like "editing block", "edit block", and "editing" because I knew that we didn't really start saying things like "editing block" until after you posted that. I saw some posts that were using "editing block", or "edit block", but they were on a different page.

But then I searched just for "block", and I finally saw some posts that were using the terms as seen in this image, so I clicked, scrolled around, and then finally found it.

I was using the Search this Thread feature.
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
It's a computer!
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz (1.400-1.424V in Manual Mode) ASUS P8P67 EVO B3 (UEFI ver. 1850) GTX 780 ASUS DirectCU II (1228 / 6300, 1.180V) G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1866MHz, CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOptical Drive
250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (C:) 250 GB Samsung 840 EVO (D:) Samsung SH-S243N 24x DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203N 20X DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Frio Win 7 Home Premium x64 SP1 Retail AOC G2460PG Filco Majestouch 104-key Cherry MX Blues w/NKRO 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 (Bronze, ordered on 12-12-2009) CM 690 Intellimouse Optical (1.1A) 1000Hz polling rate Basic, but premium round 
AudioAudio
X-Fi Titanium HD Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 (with 16 AWG Monster Cable... 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1318 of 35819
I got mine today! I was so excited! lol.

IMG_0222.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0225.jpg
post #1319 of 35819
I think I like the look of the Das with printed keycaps more then the blanks.
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
LG34UM94 G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
SUPERPWN
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5 4670K Asus z87-Pro MSI GTX 1080 Aero 32GB DDR3 Gskill Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOSMonitorMonitor
4TB Seagate Windows 8 x64 Overlord x270 OC HP ZR27 
MonitorKeyboardPowerAudio
LG34UM94 G-Tune Topre Realforce 800w Yulong D100 DAC with Denon D7000 headphones 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1320 of 35819
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables;11894632 
Really? If this image below is accurate, then there's only one pad:

...

Of course, I disagree with the term "numpad". The typing book I learned from over 15 years ago called it a "Keypad". Also, the products on Elite Keyboards you guys would call a "numpad" are labeled as "Keypads".

Anyway, the point is that there's only one "pad".

Well, just because book calls it that doesn't mean that it's The Name(TM). Everyone knows what a numpad is, 'keypad' is ambiguous. I've seen plenty of manufacturers refer to the whole keyboard as a keypad. Even if we assume it's a keypad, it's ambiguous because some keyboards had 'keypads' that weren't numeric keypads -

1.jpg

So. It's a numeric keypad, or 'numpad' as cool kids like me call it. I don't see how 'numpad' is wrong, but 'keypad' isn't, because numpad is a more verbose description of what it actually is.
Daedalus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Gigabyte MA78GM-UD2H Gainward 9600GT GS 4GB OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
250GB Samsung P120S, 1TB Samsung F1 Window 7 64bit/Arch Linux Samsung 204B 20"/Dell 1701FP IBM Model F and others 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 Lian-Li V350B Steelseries Ikari Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
Daedalus
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Gigabyte MA78GM-UD2H Gainward 9600GT GS 4GB OCZ Platinum PC2-6400 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
250GB Samsung P120S, 1TB Samsung F1 Window 7 64bit/Arch Linux Samsung 204B 20"/Dell 1701FP IBM Model F and others 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair HX620 Lian-Li V350B Steelseries Ikari Laser 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.