Originally Posted by connectwise
Would anyone knowwhere I can find a personal review of the corsair k95 keyboard, instead of ones from review sites?
I had one for a bit. I loved it, overall it was very very good, but had some minor complaints.
there are a few very minor things I dind't like.
- the entire board was warped slightly, but i think they fixed that isue ( I had a day 1 release unit ) The unit would not lay flat on a desk and would wobble when you type. I had to bend mine into shape
- backlighting was very cool, can pick individual lighting segements and 3 different light modes.
- rumor has it that these boards were designed by logictech
- the G key area is plastic, where the rest of the board is alluminium ( basically to cut cost and allow to share the fame with their other keyboards )
- the G key area has different profile keycaps than traditional key height.
- the over all apperiance is really good
- nice media keys
- its a cherry stabilized board, with non traditional modifier keys and spacebar, so aftermarket caps may be hard to find.
- this size is big, its a desk eater so make sure you have the space ( is probably wider than your monitor )
- weird angles, so its looks may not be your thing
- poor keycap quality
- has a usb pass through.
- It seems like it would be a bit dificult to mod if thats your thing.
- relies on software for macro keys, so that can be a negative depending on how you view it.
- its open style design allows it to be cleaned easily and won't trap dirt and dust
I ended up returning mine though, I couldn't get comfortable with the macro G keys, but thats for my own reasoning. $150 is a bit steep, but its feature loaded, overall, I recomend it. If you need backlighting, media keys, macro keys, and all the extra features its offers, then its one of the better options out there, but if not, I would suggest some other keyboards epsc if you're not comfortable spending $150+tax+shipping ( though i've seen them on sale at frys for $30 off MIR )
Also I think now there may be more switch options other than mx reds
( as far as my keyboard cred, i've owned 6 different mechanical keyboards )Edited by Jixr - 10/2/13 at 12:22pm