Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. - Page 1825

post #18241 of 36817
Just curious what you guys think of all different MX switch types.

My opinions:
Blues: Perfect switch. Love tactility, are quiet enough when paired with O-rings. The spring strength is just right. Perfect for long periods of typing and gaming.
Greens: Too heavy for me, though I could get used to them for gaming. The heaviness is fatiguing to me.
Browns: Not a fan. The bump is not noticeable enough to me to be satisfying or useful. Spring strength is solid. This being said, better than all but blues and reds for gaming IMO.
Blacks: These could become a favorite for me but only with O-rings, and I'd need time to adjust to the spring strength.
Reds: my second favorite switch. Paired with O-rings, of course. This is the best combination for use in a public place, as the light switch lets me type lightly, reducing the already very quiet noise made by bottoming out on the O-rings.

Sadly I've never tried Clears, ergo clears, stickered or lubed switches, buckling springs, or topre.
Ryzen & Vega
(22 items)
 
Wanted: [Wanted] LGA1155 ITX Motherboard
$75 (USD) or best offer
The Spectre
(28 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD] Ryzen R7 1700 w/EK Supremacy Evo AMD [MSI] X370 XPower Gaming Titanium [AMD] Vega Flagship GPU [G.Skill] Trident Z RGB 2x8GB @3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
500GB M.2 SSD [WD] 2TB Black HDD [NZXT] AER RGB 120 (x7) [NZXT] AER RGB 140 (x1) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
[Barrow] D5 Heatsink/Reservoir/Heatsink [Barrow] White 1/2"x3/4" Compression Fittings [Primochill] Advance LRT Clear 1/2"x3/4" Tubing [Alphacool] NexXxos XT45 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[Alphacool] NexXxos Monsta 240mm [Microsoft] Windows 10 Pro x64 [ASUS] MG279 Freesync 1440p IPS [Razer] BlackWidow X Tournament Edition w/Vorte... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair] RM850i w/custom cables [Phanteks] Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass [Razer] Deathadder Elite [Corsair] MM300 Extended 
AudioOther
(See audio in signature) [Ikea] Tornliden Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
Ryzen & Vega
(22 items)
 
Wanted: [Wanted] LGA1155 ITX Motherboard
$75 (USD) or best offer
The Spectre
(28 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[AMD] Ryzen R7 1700 w/EK Supremacy Evo AMD [MSI] X370 XPower Gaming Titanium [AMD] Vega Flagship GPU [G.Skill] Trident Z RGB 2x8GB @3000MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
500GB M.2 SSD [WD] 2TB Black HDD [NZXT] AER RGB 120 (x7) [NZXT] AER RGB 140 (x1) 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
[Barrow] D5 Heatsink/Reservoir/Heatsink [Barrow] White 1/2"x3/4" Compression Fittings [Primochill] Advance LRT Clear 1/2"x3/4" Tubing [Alphacool] NexXxos XT45 360mm 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
[Alphacool] NexXxos Monsta 240mm [Microsoft] Windows 10 Pro x64 [ASUS] MG279 Freesync 1440p IPS [Razer] BlackWidow X Tournament Edition w/Vorte... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
[Corsair] RM850i w/custom cables [Phanteks] Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass [Razer] Deathadder Elite [Corsair] MM300 Extended 
AudioOther
(See audio in signature) [Ikea] Tornliden Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18242 of 36817
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd View Post

Just curious what you guys think of all different MX switch types.

My opinions:
Blues: Perfect switch. Love tactility, are quiet enough when paired with O-rings. The spring strength is just right. Perfect for long periods of typing and gaming.
Greens: Too heavy for me, though I could get used to them for gaming. The heaviness is fatiguing to me.
Browns: Not a fan. The bump is not noticeable enough to me to be satisfying or useful. Spring strength is solid. This being said, better than all but blues and reds for gaming IMO.
Blacks: These could become a favorite for me but only with O-rings, and I'd need time to adjust to the spring strength.
Reds: my second favorite switch. Paired with O-rings, of course. This is the best combination for use in a public place, as the light switch lets me type lightly, reducing the already very quiet noise made by bottoming out on the O-rings.

Sadly I've never tried Clears, ergo clears, stickered or lubed switches, buckling springs, or topre.

Switches are so personal imo, everytime someone ask which switch suits for xxx, Ill always ask them to go to the shop and give it an actual try

Im a clicky guy all the way, all my keyboards are blues in different springs and green except ive one ergo clear which has been unused for a while

Ergo clear is like mx brown but more tactile from what I found, I dont fancy it though

Red black are not for me at all
Project Blank
(22 items)
 
Phenomenon
(21 items)
 
Mechanical Love!
(23 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Powercolor R9 290 Powercolor R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Samsung EVO 120GB x 2 (Raid 0) Samsung EVO 500GB WD Caviar Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Water Cooling Windows 8.1 Asus PB278Q Too many.... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum 1000w Caselabs SM8 Logitech G602 Artisan Hien 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Aune T1 amp+dac Asus Xonar STX Bose Companion 5 Shure SRH 1440 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm NZXT Sentry Mix 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @4.8ghz , 1.344v Asus Maximus V Formula Asus GTX 670 DC2T-2GD5 Asus GTX 670 DC2T-2GD5 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripzjaw (4x4GB) OCZ Vertex 4 (256GB) WD Caviar Black (1TB) Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Too many... Seasonic Platinum 860w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Switch 810 + Pedestal Logitech G602 Artisan Mousepad Bose Companion 5 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Asus Xonar Phoebus Shure SRH1400 Beats Pro NZXT Sentry Mix 
Other
Razer Bungee 
  hide details  
Reply
Project Blank
(22 items)
 
Phenomenon
(21 items)
 
Mechanical Love!
(23 photos)
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 4930k Asus Rampage IV Black Edition Powercolor R9 290 Powercolor R9 290 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
4x4GB Corsair Dominator Platinum Samsung EVO 120GB x 2 (Raid 0) Samsung EVO 500GB WD Caviar Black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom Water Cooling Windows 8.1 Asus PB278Q Too many.... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic Platinum 1000w Caselabs SM8 Logitech G602 Artisan Hien 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Aune T1 amp+dac Asus Xonar STX Bose Companion 5 Shure SRH 1440 
AudioOther
Beyerdynamic DT880 250 Ohm NZXT Sentry Mix 2 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3770k @4.8ghz , 1.344v Asus Maximus V Formula Asus GTX 670 DC2T-2GD5 Asus GTX 670 DC2T-2GD5 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill Ripzjaw (4x4GB) OCZ Vertex 4 (256GB) WD Caviar Black (1TB) Custom Water Loop 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 8 QNIX QX2710 Too many... Seasonic Platinum 860w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Switch 810 + Pedestal Logitech G602 Artisan Mousepad Bose Companion 5 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Asus Xonar Phoebus Shure SRH1400 Beats Pro NZXT Sentry Mix 
Other
Razer Bungee 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18243 of 36817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post



that looks like sex

i mean thats sexy


wow


im jelly as hell sista.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HPE1000 View Post

Dr Pepper/mr pibb/pibb xtra and Sprite are my favorite but I usually just end up having some sort of energy drink, my poor heart is just going to explode some day sadsmiley.gif

I stopped drinking soda

one of the best decisions i ever made.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

http://angelicfantasy.imgur.com/all/

Ohey you and I are the same rankings in LoL

(except i hold a world record in LoL)
(then i look you up in lol and you have a ton of bot games =_= )
Edited by FranBunnyFFXII - 12/4/13 at 5:17pm
post #18244 of 36817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jixr View Post

waco texas, where it was invented son! ( but i'm in austin now )

I loved Dr. Pepper hour. If you understand this, you did Waco right.
Work in Progress
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Gigabyte 7950 Windforce G.Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Mushkin Chronos  WD Caviar Blue WD Caviar Black Lite-On iHas 124 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VH236H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Mionix Naos 5000 Ratpadz XT 
AudioAudio
HT Omega Striker Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
Work in Progress
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-3570k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H Gigabyte 7950 Windforce G.Skill Sniper 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Mushkin Chronos  WD Caviar Blue WD Caviar Black Lite-On iHas 124 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Thermaltake Water 2.0 Extreme Windows 7 Ultimate Asus VH236H Cooler Master Quickfire Rapid 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 Fractal Design Arc Midi Mionix Naos 5000 Ratpadz XT 
AudioAudio
HT Omega Striker Audio Technica ATH-AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18245 of 36817

Yeah, I like to play bot games for 3 reasons.

 

1) I play champions I've never played before in bots games before jumping in a normal game.

 

2) I play with Bronzies and below in bot games if they're my friends and suck and I don't feel like having them get abused in normals.

 

3) First Win of the Day and don't feel like having that random ruining it.

 

That said, I'm ashamed to admit 2 glasses of wine have me feeling nice and buzzed lol.

 

I'm at the top of Silver 3 now btw, but meh.

 

I beat diamonds all the time. This ranking system is dumb.

2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18246 of 36817
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

Yeah, I like to play bot games for 3 reasons.

1) I play champions I've never played before in bots games before jumping in a normal game.

2) I play with Bronzies and below in bot games if they're my friends and suck and I don't feel like having them get abused in normals.

3) First Win of the Day and don't feel like having that random ruining it.

That said, I'm ashamed to admit 2 glasses of wine have me feeling nice and buzzed lol.

I'm at the top of Silver 3 now btw, but meh.

I beat diamonds all the time. This ranking system is dumb.

A few friends whom are plat are going to start duoing with me because they know how awful my luck is. and they know i can play jungle with golds and plats and be strong.

Last time i duo'd with my friend iRepGB, i jungled both games and out jungled 2 gold junglers 500+points above me, and absolutely destoryed a top lane plat jax that i camp ganked for our garen, and the shyvana game i played i out jungle and out ganked the enemy jungler so well, i got our mid talon fed so hard that the enemy had no chanse of beating him me and my bot lane cait, we just dominated both matches.
i have atrocious luck, so im gathering people to elimiate as much of it as i can.

This ranking system is bogus, and is flawed to hell. whne a Silver 4 1290 is out jungling, out ganking and out farming a gold 2 1720, theres a big problem with that matchmaking.

Also i never play bots because normals are fine enough to learn a champion, but also i play so many games a day i'll pick up first win without even worrying about that. I cant wait to play with a buckling spring.

A friend of mine is trying to get me that extra 10$ so i can get the grey printed key caps. I'm going to go all geek mode when i get to see that windows 98 logo key thumb.gif
post #18247 of 36817
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranBunnyFFXII View Post

A few friends whom are plat are going to start duoing with me because they know how awful my luck is. and they know i can play jungle with golds and plats and be strong.

Last time i duo'd with my friend iRepGB, i jungled both games and out jungled 2 gold junglers 500+points above me, and absolutely destoryed a top lane plat jax that i camp ganked for our garen, and the shyvana game i played i out jungle and out ganked the enemy jungler so well, i got our mid talon fed so hard that the enemy had no chanse of beating him me and my bot lane cait, we just dominated both matches.
i have atrocious luck, so im gathering people to elimiate as much of it as i can.

This ranking system is bogus, and is flawed to hell. whne a Silver 4 1290 is out jungling, out ganking and out farming a gold 2 1720, theres a big problem with that matchmaking.

Also i never play bots because normals are fine enough to learn a champion, but also i play so many games a day i'll pick up first win without even worrying about that. I cant wait to play with a buckling spring.

A friend of mine is trying to get me that extra 10$ so i can get the grey printed key caps. I'm going to go all geek mode when i get to see that windows 98 logo key thumb.gif

Coming from a Diamond 1 player, and 2200 in Season 2, I'm going to have to disagree with you. The ranked system is bad for other reasons, but not because of difficulty to climb up. If anything, the system is simply too easy to climb which is seen by the mass increase in diamond players this season.
post #18248 of 36817
Duoing actually makes matchmaking harder.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18249 of 36817
It's supposed to give the enemy team a slight edge. But typically, the difference should be negligible as TYPICALLY, the skill level within a few divisions is relatively similar. Though, not the case with the transition from Diamond 2 to Diamond 1.
post #18250 of 36817
Sure is some awesome on-topic discussion we're having here!
Primo
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 Ti G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate ST2000DM Samsung 840 EVO Asus 24X DVD Burner Alphacool NexXxoS 480mm Monsta radiator 80mm thick 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya 420mm radiator 60mm thick XSPC Photon 270 reservoir EK-FC780 Nickel EK Supremacy Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-3 Swiftech MCP655 Lamptron CW611 Windows 7 Ultimate N 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS239H-P Ducky Shine 3 MX Blues White LED Corsair RM850 Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 CSM FPS Tactics DC Swan M50W ATH-M50x 
  hide details  
Reply
Primo
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4770K ASUS Maximus VI Hero EVGA GTX 780 Ti G.Skill Ripjaws X 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Seagate ST2000DM Samsung 840 EVO Asus 24X DVD Burner Alphacool NexXxoS 480mm Monsta radiator 80mm thick 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Phobya 420mm radiator 60mm thick XSPC Photon 270 reservoir EK-FC780 Nickel EK Supremacy Nickel 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noiseblocker NB-eLoop B12-3 Swiftech MCP655 Lamptron CW611 Windows 7 Ultimate N 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ASUS VS239H-P Ducky Shine 3 MX Blues White LED Corsair RM850 Enthoo Primo 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G700 CSM FPS Tactics DC Swan M50W ATH-M50x 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.