Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. - Page 3538

post #35371 of 36946
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSCoder4ever View Post

true. maybe when it's dropped again.
I actually didn't even get mine in the drop. I got the plate from olkb.com and everything else I needed from other sources. Granted, I also just picked up a pcb, but other parts will be in stock soon according to Jack.
Gamma
(18 items)
 
Iota
(10 items)
 
Zeta
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i3 6320 ASRock Z170 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 100 ME MSI GTX 970 100 ME 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ZADAK 511 SHEILD 16Gb Sandisk SSD PLUS 120gb WD Black 1Tb Seagate 2.5mm slim 500gb 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
BeQuiet Dark Rock TF Win10 64bit BenQ GW2760HS Cooler Master MECH 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM850X Corsair Spec Alpha Corsair M65 Razer Vespula 
AudioOther
Kingston HyperX Stinger 2x LTT Edition Noctua 120mm 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @4.2Ghz ASRock H97M-ITX/AC EVGA 650Ti Boost Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Random 32Gb Samsung SSD Seagate 2.5mm Slim 500Gb  Cryorig M9i Win10 64bit 
PowerCase
Corsair CX430w Cougar QBX Kaze 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1035T Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Classified 2Gb Generic RAM 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
WD Blue 320Gb Cooler Master Hyper 101a Diablotek 600w NZXT Vulcan 
  hide details  
Reply
Gamma
(18 items)
 
Iota
(10 items)
 
Zeta
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i3 6320 ASRock Z170 OC Formula MSI GTX 970 100 ME MSI GTX 970 100 ME 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
ZADAK 511 SHEILD 16Gb Sandisk SSD PLUS 120gb WD Black 1Tb Seagate 2.5mm slim 500gb 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
BeQuiet Dark Rock TF Win10 64bit BenQ GW2760HS Cooler Master MECH 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair RM850X Corsair Spec Alpha Corsair M65 Razer Vespula 
AudioOther
Kingston HyperX Stinger 2x LTT Edition Noctua 120mm 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Pentium G3258 @4.2Ghz ASRock H97M-ITX/AC EVGA 650Ti Boost Crucial Ballistix Sport 8gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Random 32Gb Samsung SSD Seagate 2.5mm Slim 500Gb  Cryorig M9i Win10 64bit 
PowerCase
Corsair CX430w Cougar QBX Kaze 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II X6 1035T Asus M4A88T-M/USB3 EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 448 Classified 2Gb Generic RAM 
Hard DriveCoolingPowerCase
WD Blue 320Gb Cooler Master Hyper 101a Diablotek 600w NZXT Vulcan 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35372 of 36946
Wondering if u guys might give me a little info. I have a corsair k65 with the new speed switches. Is it true the corsair boards take special keycaps? I am not sure why they wouldn't take Mx stem
Key caps but want to make sure. Also if anyone would point me in the direction of some clear keycaps would be great also. Thanks everyone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slimer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
Slimer
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i9 7900x Asus Rampage VI Apex Asus Strix OC 1080Ti Asus Strix OC 1080Ti 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveCooling
G.Skill TridentZ RGB Samsung 960 PRO M.2  Samsung 850 EVO x2 Raid 0 Custom Water Cooled 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit AOC Agon AG352UCG Sentraq S60-X RGB 60% EVGA 1300 G2 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Caselabs SMA8 Nixeus Revel Logitech G440 Sennheiser GSX1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35373 of 36946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman2733 View Post

Wondering if u guys might give me a little info. I have a corsair k65 with the new speed switches. Is it true the corsair boards take special keycaps? I am not sure why they wouldn't take Mx stem
Key caps but want to make sure. Also if anyone would point me in the direction of some clear keycaps would be great also. Thanks everyone


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Special keycaps meaning the bottow row is non-standard. I think maxkeyboards has sets that will work for you though.
post #35374 of 36946
So... cancelled my Ducky One order with Amazon today. Was going to ship very slowly and I actually got the chance to try one out with MX browns. I was quite disappointed by the quality of the plastics used and I noticed that the keys were beginning to wear and "shine", which wasn't particularly impressive given that it wasn't an old board.

I went ahead and got a new Filco Majestouch 2 from Keyboard Co. I was always very happy with their quality and the issue that killed my original Majestouch was fixed in the 2nd iteration.

Looking forward to getting it!
post #35375 of 36946
Massdrop for PBT Topre spacebars has ended, Shipping starts August 26th, all PBT keyboard keys thumb.gif
post #35376 of 36946
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

So... cancelled my Ducky One order with Amazon today. Was going to ship very slowly and I actually got the chance to try one out with MX browns. I was quite disappointed by the quality of the plastics used and I noticed that the keys were beginning to wear and "shine", which wasn't particularly impressive given that it wasn't an old board.

I went ahead and got a new Filco Majestouch 2 from Keyboard Co. I was always very happy with their quality and the issue that killed my original Majestouch was fixed in the 2nd iteration.

Looking forward to getting it!

What issue did your first one have?
post #35377 of 36946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm84 View Post

What issue did your first one have?

Issues with the solder degrading and traces breaking. I got some resoldered and new traces done which fixed it, but new keys keep failing. Board was bought in 2010.

I believe this was fixed by the Majestouch 2:

Majestouch 2 is the newer version which has an uprated PCB, It is a more resiliant material which is better suited to use in keyboards as a keyboard PCB needs to handle the extra physical stresses of being typed on. The solder pads go right through the holes for instance. Also it is more heat resistant allowing for better intitial soldering. There is little difference in feel and performance really although longevity and reliability should improve
Edited by 98uk - 7/26/16 at 11:17am
post #35378 of 36946
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

Issues with the solder degrading and traces breaking. I got some resoldered and new traces done which fixed it, but new keys keep failing. Board was bought in 2010.

I believe this was fixed by the Majestouch 2:

Majestouch 2 is the newer version which has an uprated PCB, It is a more resiliant material which is better suited to use in keyboards as a keyboard PCB needs to handle the extra physical stresses of being typed on. The solder pads go right through the holes for instance. Also it is more heat resistant allowing for better intitial soldering. There is little difference in feel and performance really although longevity and reliability should improve

Ah ok, my Filco Majestouch-2 had issues with some keys registering intermittently, but that was after like 4 years of playing FPS games and spamming WASD and Shift. tongue.gif
post #35379 of 36946
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradigm84 View Post

Ah ok, my Filco Majestouch-2 had issues with some keys registering intermittently, but that was after like 4 years of playing FPS games and spamming WASD and Shift. tongue.gif

Haha, yeah, i'm fairly sure that's what is killing my original... but it's not so bad, it lasted 4 years.

The 'W' and 'A' key went, which we repaired fine... but not left shift is going. I suspect the relatively heavy usage has caused it.
post #35380 of 36946
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98uk View Post

Haha, yeah, i'm fairly sure that's what is killing my original... but it's not so bad, it lasted 4 years.

The 'W' and 'A' key went, which we repaired fine... but not left shift is going. I suspect the relatively heavy usage has caused it.

I've been meaning to repair mine, but I keep putting it off as I already have two working keyboards. tongue.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.