Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. - Page 462

post #4611 of 36836
I really like the Leo TKL with reds. Ordered both a Filco brown and Leo red at the same time since I hadn't had either switch type before. If I had to do it over again, I'd probably order two of the Leos. I'm sure the browns will break in over time, but the reds feel better to type on for extended periods imo.

400
M6500 Covet
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-920xm FX3800M Quadro 16GB GSkill PC-1333 256GB Crucial C300 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Win7-64 1920x1200 RGBLED, U3011 External Filco TKL Ninja G7 
  hide details  
Reply
M6500 Covet
(13 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7-920xm FX3800M Quadro 16GB GSkill PC-1333 256GB Crucial C300 
OSMonitorKeyboardMouse
Win7-64 1920x1200 RGBLED, U3011 External Filco TKL Ninja G7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4612 of 36836
^ Some excellent choices there. Added & welcome to the club. smile.gif
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4613 of 36836
So I like browns. Don't really like blues. Considering a new switch. Blacks never really sounded all that great to me. I like something with some resistance to it. You guys think I would like clears? I would love to feel some blacks,reds clears. Only place I found keyboards on display was best buy which had blues and frys. Which had some sort of alps or something.

Any recommendations?
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4614 of 36836
well, if you don't like blacks you might not like clears either.
post #4615 of 36836
You think? I really have no basis for not liking blacks. Just the description. The stiffness doesn't sound like I would like it. I wish I could test them all, is the razer black widow a good example of blues? Will they all feel just like that?
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4616 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

So I like browns. Don't really like blues. Considering a new switch. Blacks never really sounded all that great to me. I like something with some resistance to it. You guys think I would like clears? I would love to feel some blacks,reds clears. Only place I found keyboards on display was best buy which had blues and frys. Which had some sort of alps or something.
Any recommendations?

After having tried the clear switches, I can honestly say that it isn't for everyone. Souds to me like SIIG MiniTouch might be up your alley. If you wanna try them all then drive over to L.A. tongue.gif
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4617 of 36836
siig minitouch <3
post #4618 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper~ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

So I like browns. Don't really like blues. Considering a new switch. Blacks never really sounded all that great to me. I like something with some resistance to it. You guys think I would like clears? I would love to feel some blacks,reds clears. Only place I found keyboards on display was best buy which had blues and frys. Which had some sort of alps or something.
Any recommendations?

After having tried the clear switches, I can honestly say that it isn't for everyone. Souds to me like SIIG MiniTouch might be up your alley. If you wanna try them all then drive over to L.A. tongue.gif

I'm not a huge fan of the old school look of the old keyboards. Just curious why you say U may like that one? The switches?
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4619 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

I'm not a huge fan of the old school look of the old keyboards. Just curious why you say U may like that one? The switches?

Well, you mentioned that you'd like something with some resistance to it. Red switch, to me is very light and offers no resistance whatsoever. Clears is the opposite which offers too much resistance. I find it tiring when typing on clears.

It's all very subjective though. You'll just have to try them out for yourself. smile.gif
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
reaper's Scythe
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3770k Intel DZ77GA-70K 2 x EVGA GTX 570 SLI Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel X25-M G2 160GB, WD 3TB Samsung SH-S223Q Windows 8 Professional Asus VH236HL-P 23" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KMAC 2 Corsair HX1000W Corsair Obsidian 800D CM Spawn 
Mouse Pad
XTRAC Pads Logic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4620 of 36836
Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper~ View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

I'm not a huge fan of the old school look of the old keyboards. Just curious why you say U may like that one? The switches?

Well, you mentioned that you'd like something with some resistance to it. Red switch, to me is very light and offers no resistance whatsoever. Clears is the opposite which offers too much resistance. I find it tiring when typing on clears.

It's all very subjective though. You'll just have to try them out for yourself. smile.gif

Just to get an idea of what all the terms mean and what not. Where would you rank browns? In between the two? (red and clear)
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.