Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring. - Page 670

post #6691 of 36794
I just don't like the shape of it. It's too round and bulky with a curve from the front to the end of the keyboard. I rather like a more box shaped design like the filco, leopold, poker, hhkb,.. well like almost every other keyboard.

The WASD looks less neutral.

This is how I feel about it:
482
My beloved system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.4 (1.4V) GA-P35-DS3 MSI Twin Frozr II/OC GTX560 Ti 2GB OCZ DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80GB raptor + 160GB SG + 500GB SG DL Super Writemaster Vista Home 32bit 226BW SyncMaster Samsung 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 650W Be Quiet! Antec P180 G5 Laser Mouse v2 
  hide details  
Reply
My beloved system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.4 (1.4V) GA-P35-DS3 MSI Twin Frozr II/OC GTX560 Ti 2GB OCZ DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80GB raptor + 160GB SG + 500GB SG DL Super Writemaster Vista Home 32bit 226BW SyncMaster Samsung 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 650W Be Quiet! Antec P180 G5 Laser Mouse v2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6692 of 36794
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

Yep thats how keycap sets are. Those ones are kind of specialized too. The standard white engraved set goes for around $48.
Ebay sucks the sellers jack the price up a little bit to cover the fee. Your better off getting them at GH.

frown.gif I looked through your album and you have some beautiful looking keyboards frown.gif Jealous.
450
I absolutely love this one of yours... makes me wish I bought the TKL White otaku leopolds with cherry mx reds for $75 from GH and threw on some RGB mods on it... frown.gif



Some dood had a clearance on GH last night for RGB for 8 bux and 37 yellow PBT's with a yellow ABS spacebar for 20 bux + 5 bux shipping.. was tempted.. would've look nice on my 7G too but ugh.. I just don't know about spending 40 bux on a bunch of keycaps when my 7G keycaps are still not that worn out... frown.gif

They look so nice but the prices just shut me down... it's a bummer, really.
Edited by VesperSAINT - 4/7/12 at 5:14am
post #6693 of 36794
@waar: the box looks nice. Never heard of that company.

@llama: The curve at the bottom of the keyboard looks horrible too. I agree with the shape. Filco is much better.
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Trinity
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A10-5800K Biostar Hi-Fi A85W APU Integrated Graphics G.Skill 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 64GB Western Digital WD Blue 500GB Lite-On iHAS124 CD/DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO (Pull Configuration) 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX NEC MultiSync LCD1970VX Filco Majestouch Black w/ Cherry MX Blue (JIS l... 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair CX430 NZXT Source 220 Logitech Click! Mouse SteelSeries QcK Mini Diablo III Edition 
AudioAudioOther
Sony SRS-T10PC USB Portable Speaker Realtek Onboard Audio Intel Centrino Desktop Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6694 of 36794
sign me up! das keyboard professional

450
Edited by ytv - 4/8/12 at 6:49am
post #6695 of 36794
Quote:
Originally Posted by VesperSAINT View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightsout View Post

Yep thats how keycap sets are. Those ones are kind of specialized too. The standard white engraved set goes for around $48.
Ebay sucks the sellers jack the price up a little bit to cover the fee. Your better off getting them at GH.

frown.gif I looked through your album and you have some beautiful looking keyboards frown.gif Jealous.
450
I absolutely love this one of yours... makes me wish I bought the TKL White otaku leopolds with cherry mx reds for $75 from GH and threw on some RGB mods on it... frown.gif



Some dood had a clearance on GH last night for RGB for 8 bux and 37 yellow PBT's with a yellow ABS spacebar for 20 bux + 5 bux shipping.. was tempted.. would've look nice on my 7G too but ugh.. I just don't know about spending 40 bux on a bunch of keycaps when my 7G keycaps are still not that worn out... frown.gif

They look so nice but the prices just shut me down... it's a bummer, really.
Whoa I was like wth thats the board I'm typing on. Just do it man. You will be happy you did. Although you are limited with the 7g. But for me half the fun of cherry boards is changing the caps. Just can't keep them stock.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

@waar: the box looks nice. Never heard of that company.

@llama: The curve at the bottom of the keyboard looks horrible too. I agree with the shape. Filco is much better.

I prefer filco as well but I have a wasd sitting here and it looks fine in person.
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
550D
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-2700K Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H EVGA GTX 970 ACX 2.0+ SSC 4 x 4GB Samsung Green 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Crucial 240gb Samsung EVO 250gb Corsair H80 Win7 Ultimate 64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Qnix 2560x1440p Quickfire TK MX Brown XFX 750w Black Edition Corsair 550D 
MouseMouse Pad
Lefty Deathadder X Trac Ripper XXL 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6696 of 36794
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama16 View Post

I just don't like the shape of it. It's too round and bulky with a curve from the front to the end of the keyboard. I rather like a more box shaped design like the filco, leopold, poker, hhkb,.. well like almost every other keyboard.
The WASD looks less neutral.
This is how I feel about it:
482

Yeah, so then you should buy the caps from WASD and get a Filco Majesco. I've seen people do it, so I know their caps fit on Filcos. It's pretty expensive, but WASD's are expensive if you do full customization.
Dohaeris
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k ASUS Z87 Formula VI ASUS GTX 980 Strix ASUS GTX 980 Strix 
RAMHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Kingston Beast Samsung Evo  Corsair H105 ASUS ROG Swift 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Shimian 30" 2560x1600 Filco Majestouch Ninja USA Cherry MX Blue Enermax Platimax 1000w Corsair 750D 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
Dohaeris
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
4770k ASUS Z87 Formula VI ASUS GTX 980 Strix ASUS GTX 980 Strix 
RAMHard DriveCoolingMonitor
Kingston Beast Samsung Evo  Corsair H105 ASUS ROG Swift 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Shimian 30" 2560x1600 Filco Majestouch Ninja USA Cherry MX Blue Enermax Platimax 1000w Corsair 750D 
MouseMouse Pad
Razer Deathadder Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6697 of 36794
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore View Post

@waar: the box looks nice. Never heard of that company.

@llama: The curve at the bottom of the keyboard looks horrible too. I agree with the shape. Filco is much better.

It's from iomania. Basically a leopold with an aluminum shell and a $400 price tag. Thing weighs almost 4lbs alone.
post #6698 of 36794
Yeah it's mainly the expense that's holding me back. I can live with an 'ok' base, but I'm from europe and ordering from WASD is the price + 20% that price in taxes + 2 percent that price in administration .+ an addition 20euro import tax for packages with a value over 40euro. That all added up makes it too expensive.

I've just found someone who's willing to sell his UK filco MJ2 TKL with blues. God damn me from starting the mechanical keyboard hobby.
My beloved system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.4 (1.4V) GA-P35-DS3 MSI Twin Frozr II/OC GTX560 Ti 2GB OCZ DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80GB raptor + 160GB SG + 500GB SG DL Super Writemaster Vista Home 32bit 226BW SyncMaster Samsung 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 650W Be Quiet! Antec P180 G5 Laser Mouse v2 
  hide details  
Reply
My beloved system
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q6600 @ 3.4 (1.4V) GA-P35-DS3 MSI Twin Frozr II/OC GTX560 Ti 2GB OCZ DDR2 800Mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
80GB raptor + 160GB SG + 500GB SG DL Super Writemaster Vista Home 32bit 226BW SyncMaster Samsung 22" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 650W Be Quiet! Antec P180 G5 Laser Mouse v2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6699 of 36794
TT Meka G1 used incoming. Picks when it arrives. Now a proud owner of two mechanicals.
Spaghetti II
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 870 @ 3.88, 1.38v] [Asus P7P55 LX (1201)] [2x XFX 6870 (900/4200)] [Crucial Ballistix 4GB] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[WD Black 1TB + LacieUSB 320] Megahalem + 2x FM121s [W7 Home Premium 64] [Samsung BX2440] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Ducky 9008G2, Brown] [Silverstone DA750] [Lian-Li PC 7B Plus II] [Razer Deathadder 3.5G] 
Mouse PadAudio
[Steelseries SX Aluminum] [AudioGD Compass/AKG Q701] 
  hide details  
Reply
Spaghetti II
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[i7 870 @ 3.88, 1.38v] [Asus P7P55 LX (1201)] [2x XFX 6870 (900/4200)] [Crucial Ballistix 4GB] 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
[WD Black 1TB + LacieUSB 320] Megahalem + 2x FM121s [W7 Home Premium 64] [Samsung BX2440] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[Ducky 9008G2, Brown] [Silverstone DA750] [Lian-Li PC 7B Plus II] [Razer Deathadder 3.5G] 
Mouse PadAudio
[Steelseries SX Aluminum] [AudioGD Compass/AKG Q701] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6700 of 36794
Quote:
Originally Posted by llama16 View Post

Yeah it's mainly the expense that's holding me back. I can live with an 'ok' base, but I'm from europe and ordering from WASD is the price + 20% that price in taxes + 2 percent that price in administration .+ an addition 20euro import tax for packages with a value over 40euro. That all added up makes it too expensive.

I've just found someone who's willing to sell his UK filco MJ2 TKL with blues. God damn me from starting the mechanical keyboard hobby.
Start to worry when you start lusting over $300-400 keyboards and Korean customs.

Get scared when actually purchase them. There is milk and cookies when you get here tho!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Keyboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Keyboards › [Official] Mechanical Keyboard Club - Because saving money is boring.