Overclock.net banner

Resident Evil 5 PC Thread

51K views 591 replies 149 participants last post by  Joopajoo111 
#1 ·

Welcome to the Resident Evil 5 PC thread!

Feel free to discuss anything related to RE5 PC. Also, please post your benchmark results and what settings you were using.

GFWL Gamertags:

(OCN Name on the left, GFWL on the right)

NuclearCrap = NuclearCrap

Gir = Girrr92

See less See more
#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TnB= Gir View Post
EDIT: Haha oh wow, I just realized I got an average of 66.6.

Kind of fitting considering the type of game

#7 ·
Your 8800GTS 640 should run it fine

Quote:

No, I think it just uses Havok or whatever physics Capcom uses for the MT Framework Engine.

You know its too bad that Physx drivers won't work on all games

I tried this game on the PS3 but for some reason I cant stand any shooting games on consoles anymore. I think the mouse spoiled me in that regard. Button mashers are great on the PS3 though

#9 ·
tell it to Nvidia , they make bad drivers for my gpu

Display Driver memory is wrong .. i send info about it to them , and many other people.

games run fine but not all will run will get error....
i am speaking about drivers after 182.50

anyway i hope soon i will get new psu and gpu

oh i just saw the price of this game.
lol it's cheeeeeeeap ,i will get it.

#12 ·
I got 34 FPS with everything on high, Motion blur on, AA x4, 1680x1050

Even when it weant to around 27 FPS it ran smooth so i can just imagine how well it will run on a GTX 260.

EDIT:

i rant eh gameplay benchie and got this:

LL
LL

#18 ·
Maxed at 1920x1080, AA set to C16XQ

Can't believe how well Capcom's games run.

Once I get my new 285 back from RMA and can OC, I'm sure it'll run even better. This test was done with an underclocked 285 otherwise I'd crash and BSOD.

#21 ·
Quote:

@ Paradox: That's odd how your FPS doesn't drop that much in the second part. My FPS was cut in half almost.
Yeah, I didn't really notice anything in that part that's different than the other sections of the benchmark and since you're at 4GHz with a quad I doubt it'd be CPU. Maybe driver-related? I know the installation had nVidia logos plastered all over the place, might have something to do with it.

#22 ·
Just a little info for you guys, Tri SLI does not seem to be supported judging by the in game temps, My GPU1 was loading @ 70c and my second and third card seemed to be around 40c so theres no detection to me that SLI is supported.
Also Im running a Crap Pentium D until tomorrow when my Q6600 comes in.

I benched @ 1680x1050 4xAA

I didnt see it drop under 30FPS.. Just in case you guys were wondering with SLI and ect.

\\

My picture should explain most of it. I mean I see above me an 8800GT close to mine.

SO looks like SLi has no advantage by my temps and you need a nice new cpu to make it faster.

WHen I see the Nvidia Logo at the begining of a game I expect some kind of SLI support from NVidia... And this game lied to me. It does look very good IMO graphics are nice!

#24 ·
Quote:

The game is still 2 months away, it's quite possible that they're still working hard on optimization and will add in SLi/Crossfire support during the 2 months before it releases.
Yes, I think its also my cpu. I will re bench for you guys tomorrow when the quad gets here. But yea I 30fps seemed very playable for me

Kinda like the crysis demo

Im hoping that someone comes in here and does a crossfire vs non crossfire bench. So we can really see

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mason92 View Post
Yes, I think its also my cpu. I will re bench for you guys tomorrow when the quad gets here. But yea I 30fps seemed very playable for me

Kinda like the crysis demo

Im hoping that someone comes in here and does a crossfire vs non crossfire bench. So we can really see

think it may be because you are running it in windowed mode?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.