Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Club for those with beastly mATX/ITX rigs.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Club for those with beastly mATX/ITX rigs. - Page 63

post #621 of 13149
Definitely plan matx. Although definately plan on a modular PSU if you can, and a Phenom II X2 processor.
Parvum M1.0
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6950X Gigabyte X99-Phoenix SLI NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal) w/ EK-FC Copper 64GB G.Skill Trident-Z 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB WD Blue 6TB Crucial MX300 1TB EK-Supremacy EVO Gold 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU  SeaSonic 750W Titanium Parvum M1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
Parvum M1.0
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6950X Gigabyte X99-Phoenix SLI NVIDIA TITAN X (Pascal) w/ EK-FC Copper 64GB G.Skill Trident-Z 3200MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung 960 Pro 1TB WD Blue 6TB Crucial MX300 1TB EK-Supremacy EVO Gold 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Acer Predator XB271HU  SeaSonic 750W Titanium Parvum M1.0 
  hide details  
Reply
post #622 of 13149
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilGear44 View Post
Definitely plan matx. Although definately plan on a modular PSU if you can, and a Phenom II X2 processor.
What about this

(If image isn't shown yet, its the same build as the Gigabyte one, but w/ a ASrock 890GX-Extreme3)

The board has much better features like ClrCmos and Power buttons. But at the same time, I really don't need it, I always get overkill things >.<
Edited by M3T4LM4N222 - 4/6/10 at 8:54pm
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
post #623 of 13149
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post
What about this

(If image isn't shown yet, its the same build as the Gigabyte one, but w/ a ASrock 890GX-Extreme3)

The board has much better features like ClrCmos and Power buttons. But at the same time, I really don't need it, I always get overkill things >.<
If you have a bit of cash to burn, and an epeen to grow...


ASUS Rampage II GENE has the integrated ClrCMOS button (back of I/O ports), and internally has a power, and reset button, along with an 8pin CPU power plug.


Of course, it's X58, and it's merely a beast of a board at this size...


And I said the SG02B-F has sharp edges, and really... because of the small size/heavy weight, be careful. You're bound to get some very pinching cuts on this case
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #624 of 13149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablearcher View Post
If you have a bit of cash to burn, and an epeen to grow...


ASUS Rampage II GENE has the integrated ClrCMOS button (back of I/O ports), and internally has a power, and reset button, along with an 8pin CPU power plug.


Of course, it's X58, and it's merely a beast of a board at this size...


And I said the SG02B-F has sharp edges, and really... because of the small size/heavy weight, be careful. You're bound to get some very pinching cuts on this case
Is the case sturdy though? I'd rather have a sharp edged sturdy case than a rounded off flexing case.

Check this out and vote if you have time.

I also want USB 3.0 and I don't have cash to burn sadly (Had to cut my budget due to grabbing a Xbox 360 to play w/ friends) so I have to go w/ AMD for budget.
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
post #625 of 13149
Okay, M3T4LM4N222:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814127490 Hawk 180usd... 155 used

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820220293 Patriot DDR2 105usd... 80 used.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813500042 Zotac mITX LGA775 100usd... 90used

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...63149&Tpk=sg05 SG05 W 300W Silverstone PSU (freakish beast of a PSU, though) 100usd... 60-80used

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819116074 E5200 70usd... 45used.

FLAW: needs slim Optical drive (laptop type), and is missing a HDD.
mITX lga1156 goes a lither over your budget, if you go all new parts.
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #626 of 13149
I've decided to go MATX. Most people are saying ATX, but its just not needed, because the cheaper case can only fit 9" video cards while the SUGO can fit 12" cards, it will allow me to take it around more, and it will take up little space. There is no need for the 8 Pin CPU power because I will only overclock a little (300MHZ at the most)
Edited by M3T4LM4N222 - 4/6/10 at 11:38pm
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
post #627 of 13149
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post
I've decided to go MATX. Most people are saying ATX, but its just not needed, because the cheaper case can only fit 9" video cards while the SUGO can fit 12" cards.
About 12.8"... but you have to find a way to first fit in the card past the front panel cabling, and the metal lips that help give this case some irregular strength (and weight).


It's heavy, did I mention that? For lan parties, I would recommend the mITX build I mentioned. You fit in a LGA775 quad core in your budget, if you find it used.
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
Longshot r4.2
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Maximus IV GENE-Z eVGA GTX780 Ti 3GB Sniper 8GB 1600 1.25V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
M4 256GB + C300 128GB + WD Red 4TB LG Blu-ray RW external Windows 10 U2711 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine 3 AX850 FT03b Logitech G9x 
Mouse PadAudio
Bubbles Pad NR1604 + RB-51 II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #628 of 13149
Quote:
Originally Posted by ablearcher View Post
About 12.8"... but you have to find a way to first fit in the card past the front panel cabling, and the metal lips that help give this case some irregular strength (and weight).


It's heavy, did I mention that? For lan parties, I would recommend the mITX build I mentioned. You fit in a LGA775 quad core in your budget, if you find it used.
As long as its not as heavy as a Antec 300 i'm fine. I'm not a huge lan party person, if I do one its actually usually at my house. I'd prefer to have expansion for a sound card/TV tuner/Wireless card for convinces. But thanks for your suggestions Do you think an Phenom II X2 would be better for gaming than an Athlon II X4?
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
post #629 of 13149
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3T4LM4N222 View Post
As long as its not as heavy as a Antec 300 i'm fine. I'm not a huge lan party person, if I do one its actually usually at my house. I'd prefer to have expansion for a sound card/TV tuner/Wireless card for convinces. But thanks for your suggestions Do you think an Phenom II X2 would be better for gaming than an Athlon II X4?
If I was you I would go with the Phenom II X2, but it really depends I suppose if you are playing games that are multi core enabled. Overall though I would get the Phenom II over it for the BE overclocking plus it might be a lucky one that unlocks if not it still is an awesome cpu.

I've just purchased almost all my parts for my upcoming SFF build. I have yet to get the case I'm planning on getting Da Box seeing as how it looks like a really nice case, just the price is a tad bit high. I will most likely make a build log for those who "care"

So my parts list are as followed:

Ordered:

Phenom II X2 550BE
Asus M4A785-M
Corsair H50
Corsair Dominator 4x1GB
WD 2x320GB in Raid 0
GTX 260 216(From my old rig)
BGears 650w

Not ordered:

Lan Gear Da Box
Linux Gaming PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel | 3770K Asrock | Extreme3 gen3 EVGA | GTX 560 TI G.Skill| 16GB | 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD | Black | 1TB OCZ | Vertex 4 | 512GB Samsung | 22x CM | Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorPower
Linux | Mint 13 Cinnamon | x64 Windows 7 | Ultimate | x64 Samsung | T260 Corsair | 750w 
Case
CM | HAF 932 | Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
Linux Gaming PC
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel | 3770K Asrock | Extreme3 gen3 EVGA | GTX 560 TI G.Skill| 16GB | 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD | Black | 1TB OCZ | Vertex 4 | 512GB Samsung | 22x CM | Hyper 212 EVO 
OSOSMonitorPower
Linux | Mint 13 Cinnamon | x64 Windows 7 | Ultimate | x64 Samsung | T260 Corsair | 750w 
Case
CM | HAF 932 | Black Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #630 of 13149
Quote:
Originally Posted by Korben View Post
If I was you I would go with the Phenom II X2, but it really depends I suppose if you are playing games that are multi core enabled. Overall though I would get the Phenom II over it for the BE overclocking plus it might be a lucky one that unlocks if not it still is an awesome cpu.

I've just purchased almost all my parts for my upcoming SFF build. I have yet to get the case I'm planning on getting Da Box seeing as how it looks like a really nice case, just the price is a tad bit high. I will most likely make a build log for those who "care"

So my parts list are as followed:

Ordered:

Phenom II X2 550BE
Asus M4A785-M
Corsair H50
Corsair Dominator 4x1GB
WD 2x320GB in Raid 0
GTX 260 216(From my old rig)
BGears 650w

Not ordered:

Lan Gear Da Box
890GX has ACC disabled, they need special chips on board to unlock (ASUS/ASrock only have these features ATM) So I still don't know.
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
AMD has Ryzen
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 7 1700 ASRock AB350 Gaming-ITX EVGA GTX 1060 3GB ACX 2.0 16GB Crucial DDR4 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
256GB Crucial SSD Stock RGB Cooler Windows 10 Professional 64 Two KG241Q 75HZ monitors 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Velocifire Brown Switch 10-Keyless. 750W Rosewill Glacier modular.  Thermaltake Core Mini ITX  Logitech G502 Spectrum 
Audio
Superlux 681 w/ HM5 pads.  
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Club for those with beastly mATX/ITX rigs.