Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › *OFFICIAL* Dragon Age: Origins Discussion, News, and Screenshot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

*OFFICIAL* Dragon Age: Origins Discussion, News, and Screenshot Thread - Page 35

Poll Results: Which version of Dragon Age Will You be Purchasing?

 
  • 72% (365)
    PC
  • 24% (122)
    PC Collector's Edition
  • 0% (4)
    Playstation 3
  • 0% (1)
    Playstation 3 Collector's Edition
  • 2% (11)
    Xbox 360
  • 0% (2)
    Xbox 360 Collector's Edition
505 Total Votes  
post #341 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by _02 View Post
It's not hard to learn. There is cold, nature, fire damage, etc. All the stats are pretty self explanatory. If you read the codex content you get as you play you can get hints to weaknesses, etc.

But some of the battles will make you rethink your strategy as you get pummeled to the ground in an obvious fail. It's more fun than it is hard.

The battles are long though, so it can get frustrating fighting for 30 minutes and then dying.

But hey, that's the name of the game.

Oh yeah. Some of them are so long and then you get so close and get stomped on. Its so agrivating sometimes
post #342 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamenta View Post
DAO is mixed. Easy to start playing and a true RPG. You get a sense you are role-playing.

Combat however can be difficult and a challenge in some cases. But in comparison to other computer games - say Eve Online, DAO is a cakewalk to play IMO.
Have you tried playing on nightmare difficulty??

I'm playing through hard mode and I've died more times than I can count.
post #343 of 1103
Normal Is hard enough for me !
o.O
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k @4.8 GHZ 1.42V with Offset X79 Sabertooth 7970 3G MSI 16gb XMS Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
intel 330 SSD 180GB  Phantek PHT-tc14pe windows 10 overclock.net ducky 
PowerCase
OCZ proxstream 1kw  Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
o.O
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k @4.8 GHZ 1.42V with Offset X79 Sabertooth 7970 3G MSI 16gb XMS Corsair 
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
intel 330 SSD 180GB  Phantek PHT-tc14pe windows 10 overclock.net ducky 
PowerCase
OCZ proxstream 1kw  Antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #344 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamenta View Post
DAO is mixed. Easy to start playing and a true RPG. You get a sense you are role-playing.

Combat however can be difficult and a challenge in some cases. But in comparison to other computer games - say Eve Online, DAO is a cakewalk to play IMO.
Play it through on Nightmare, it becomes an entirely new game in terms of gear / gameplay.
post #345 of 1103
Can someone let me know where the save file directory is on PC? I'm about to reformat and don't want to lose my file.
post #346 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitzogreg View Post
Can someone let me know where the save file directory is on PC? I'm about to reformat and don't want to lose my file.
Go into Users -> Documents -> Dragon Age -> Save
post #347 of 1103
Slight spoiler question here...

OK, did I take on the Werewolves too quickly or something? I'm only a few hours in and decided to go to talk to the Dalish Elves. Well they sent me on the Werewolf mission and I'm facing off against the little dragon in the temple. Well, that FREAKIN' thing is proving impossible for me to kill. I have 2 tanks, a mage and a range rogue. I can't even drop the thing to half life before both my tanks are toast. Thats with healing like crazy. Help me out!
LL v1000+2
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320  MSI 990FXA-GD80V2 MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G 2x4Gb Patriot Viper 3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD WD 640Gb Blue WD 2Tb Green LG Blu-ray/HD DVD 16X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom WC Loop  Win10 x64 QNIX QX2710 Roccat Isku 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill Capstone 650W (modular) Lian Li PC-V1000BPLUSII Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
LL v1000+2
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8320  MSI 990FXA-GD80V2 MSI RX 480 Gaming X 8G 2x4Gb Patriot Viper 3  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 250Gb SSD WD 640Gb Blue WD 2Tb Green LG Blu-ray/HD DVD 16X 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Custom WC Loop  Win10 x64 QNIX QX2710 Roccat Isku 
PowerCaseMouse
Rosewill Capstone 650W (modular) Lian Li PC-V1000BPLUSII Logitech G502 
  hide details  
Reply
post #348 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by thr33niL View Post
Slight spoiler question here...

OK, did I take on the Werewolves too quickly or something? I'm only a few hours in and decided to go to talk to the Dalish Elves. Well they sent me on the Werewolf mission and I'm facing off against the little dragon in the temple. Well, that FREAKIN' thing is proving impossible for me to kill. I have 2 tanks, a mage and a range rogue. I can't even drop the thing to half life before both my tanks are toast. Thats with healing like crazy. Help me out!
Have you disabled the fire traps in the middle of the room? They're the main source of damage.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T GTX 275 12 gb OCZ gold 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1tb 7200 rpm seagate Vista 64 22" samsung Corsair 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T GTX 275 12 gb OCZ gold 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
1tb 7200 rpm seagate Vista 64 22" samsung Corsair 750W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #349 of 1103
If I get the DLC that comes free with the game and buy wardens keep then reformat my HDD do I loose the DLC or is it tied to my EA account?
Round 1
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 4Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD5 MSI 390X  G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Velociraptor  WD Black WD Black Pioneer BDC-S02 DVD-RW/Bluray 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Home LG 34UC97  Razer Lycosa Corsair HX1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF922 Death Adder Razer Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
Round 1
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 950 4Ghz Gigabyte EX58-UD5 MSI 390X  G.Skill RipjawsX DDR3 2133MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Velociraptor  WD Black WD Black Pioneer BDC-S02 DVD-RW/Bluray 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 64 bit Home LG 34UC97  Razer Lycosa Corsair HX1000w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
HAF922 Death Adder Razer Soundblaster 
  hide details  
Reply
post #350 of 1103
Quote:
Originally Posted by iscariot View Post
If I get the DLC that comes free with the game and buy wardens keep then reformat my HDD do I loose the DLC or is it tied to my EA account?
It's tied to your EA account. Your save game files are also uploaded to your EA profile.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › *OFFICIAL* Dragon Age: Origins Discussion, News, and Screenshot Thread