Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Mass Effect 2 Discussion and Screenshot Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] Mass Effect 2 Discussion and Screenshot Thread - Page 107

post #1061 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by D3TH.GRUNT View Post
adam baldwin and yvonne strahovski makes 2 yeah i am also awaiting the next episodes.
Ahh well I still think its ok to discuss a little about Chuck but not overtake the thread. Which I guess it has a little so yeah
Kardiac 2.0
(15 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4720HQ NVIDIA GTX 970M 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM 512 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 --> Windows 10 14" QHD+ 3200 x 1800 
  hide details  
Reply
Kardiac 2.0
(15 items)
 
   
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7-4720HQ NVIDIA GTX 970M 16 GB DDR3L SDRAM 512 GB SSD 
OSMonitor
Windows 8.1 --> Windows 10 14" QHD+ 3200 x 1800 
  hide details  
Reply

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #1062 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLeeZeY View Post
Stop with all the Chuck :/ I want to read some ME2 info, not listen to chitchat about a crappy TV show.

Also, the save import took 'The Council Saved' save and insisted I'd let them die and put Anderson incharge. Which is odd, because I do have a dead council save (in another folder), but I put Udina incharge :S
you can choose who to put in charge, when Miranda asks you about it on the shuttle... the save won't change anything since that wasn't the final decision at the end of ME1...

about Chuck, I'm sorry... it's not a "crappy" TV show... in fact it's one of the best out there!

I actually Chuck with Hannah more than Sarah right now... they've gone through a lot of emotional roller coasters, and Hannah actually stabilizes that pretty well with Chuck... there's been a lot of controversy about it from the fans, but I think it was needed...

But I agree how it all turned out was a little rushed...

just really too bad Hannah doesn't have more episodes left after the next one =(
post #1063 of 5600
Glad to see the Word of Chuck spreading

Its possible she will have more episodes, as it said that she "signed on for several episodes" Also the producers revieled that in this season soon someone else will find out chucks secret
Roger Rabbit
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3930k  Asus P9X79 Pro Evga 1080 FTW DT 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2100MHZ 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Acer Predator XB271HU Dell U2715H Ducky /w Cherry Black's Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Audnist MUX-1 > HD 600's 
  hide details  
Reply
Roger Rabbit
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3930k  Asus P9X79 Pro Evga 1080 FTW DT 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2100MHZ 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Acer Predator XB271HU Dell U2715H Ducky /w Cherry Black's Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Audnist MUX-1 > HD 600's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1064 of 5600
So after scouring the galaxies and doing every side mission I could find; I finally went and got the IFF and legion.
So now I'm about to start the suicide mission; I remember you guys saying that it mattered who went on what team. Who needs to be where to not die?

I suppose I could just keep going back to the save previous (which I might do anyway), but who have you guys found works the best in what situations? If it matters everyone is loyal.
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k Asus P8Z77-Vpro Evga 780 Classified Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
A-Data 128GB SSD Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Pioneer BDR-207DBK Corsair H80 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 pro 64 Hannspree 25" 1080p LCD 2ms Razer Lycosa PC Power & Cooling 760w 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 550D MX 518 Allsop Creative XFi Xtreme music 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1065 of 5600
Ventilation - Tali
2nd Team Lead - Jacob
my team: Legion and Garrus

-----------------------


Biotic - Samara
2nd Team Lead - Miranda
Crew Member Escort - Mordin
My Team : Garus and Tali
-------------------------------

My Team - Tali & Miranda



I always use Tali or Legion because the drone is very usefull against Harbinger and the Scions
Edited by Wishmaker - 2/21/10 at 9:05am
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1066 of 5600
Don't forget that the people you pick have to be loyal (excluding the members of your own team, can't really go wrong there besides just making the fights more difficult).
post #1067 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOmega View Post
So after scouring the galaxies and doing every side mission I could find; I finally went and got the IFF and legion.
So now I'm about to start the suicide mission; I remember you guys saying that it mattered who went on what team. Who needs to be where to not die?

I suppose I could just keep going back to the save previous (which I might do anyway), but who have you guys found works the best in what situations? If it matters everyone is loyal.
As wishmaker said but if dont have jacks loyalty use this(worked perfectly for me and my mate):

--------------------------------
Specialist: Tali
Fireteam Leader: Garrus
--------------------------------
Biotic: Samara
Team Leader: Garrus
Escort: Mordin
--------------------------------
Final Boss Team: Tali and Thane
--------------------------------


While Tali and Thane aren't the best choice for the final battle, Thane, Mordin and Tali are the "weakest links" of your squad, therefore by removing the three that are the "weekest" you maximise Jacks chances of surviving.
Edited by Starbuck5000 - 2/21/10 at 9:29am
Roger Rabbit
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3930k  Asus P9X79 Pro Evga 1080 FTW DT 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2100MHZ 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Acer Predator XB271HU Dell U2715H Ducky /w Cherry Black's Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Audnist MUX-1 > HD 600's 
  hide details  
Reply
Roger Rabbit
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3930k  Asus P9X79 Pro Evga 1080 FTW DT 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2100MHZ 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Acer Predator XB271HU Dell U2715H Ducky /w Cherry Black's Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Audnist MUX-1 > HD 600's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1068 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck5000 View Post
While Tali and Thane aren't the best choice for the final battle, Thane, Mordin and Tali are the "weakest links" of your squad, therefore by removing the three that are the "weekest" you maximise Jacks chances of surviving.

I would not go that far to say that they are the weakest links. In my second playthrough I discovered something else when it comes to Mordin, Tali and Thane. I've discovered aspects of their lives I did not know in my first playthrough and their behaviour on missions changed. I do agree that they are not as easy to use like Garrus, Grunt, Samara, Miranda, etc but they have their advantages.

1. Mordin : get him loyal, make him sing, make him talk about his nephew and so many things and on the battlefield he will surprise you. His freeze power is amazing. He won't run like crazy and have a deathwish like in my first playthrough.
2. Tali : get her loyal, save her from exile and show her you care, and she will take a bullet for you. Moreover, learn to use her drone and drain powers. Tali was a must for me. I had my geth shield maxed out, uber quick cooldown, super fast charge, and Tali was powering my geth shield with her drain power. In the Geth missions, Tali's hack is amazing too .
3. Thane : get him to talk about his first date with his wife. If you do that, he will hold the fort before the final mission. He will shout at you that they need a quick exit but will protect everyone. He is a loner but adds a lot to the team .



To be honest, you need to maximise their powers according to your character. I always played adept so I needed someone to complement my powers.. I could not stand Zaeed and never used him on missions. I always used Garrus, Miranda, Tali, , Legion, Grunt and Samara.

1. Garrus +Miranda : amazing against mechs, nassana towers and sidonis mission comes to mind. Their overload is simply amazing. Also, concussive shot from Garrus . I got so many achievements because of their overload power.
2. Grunt and Garrus : when you visit the reapers. Grunt is a must because of his Krogan charging move. You are surrounded by 20 husks and he will make a dent in them for you to run and get a good shot.
3. Legion and Samara. Legion is a lunatic with his get sniper rifle. He is like a pitbull!! Unleash him and he will clear mercs like a hot knife through butter. Samara, is amazing in tight spots as well with her biotics. You don't use Jack or Miranda for biotic missions. As much as I like them, they are not as powerful as Samara or Morinth. Patient Zero has a lot to learn from Samara.

The list goes on ...
Edited by Wishmaker - 2/21/10 at 10:07am
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1069 of 5600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishmaker View Post
I would not go that far to say that they are the weakest links. In my second playthrough I discovered something else when it comes to Mordin, Tali and Thane. I've discovered aspects of their lives I did not know in my first playthrough and their behaviour on missions changed. I do agree that they are not as easy to use like Garrus, Grunt, Samara, Miranda, etc but they have their advantages.

1. Mordin : get him loyal, make him sing, make him talk about his nephew and so many things and on the battlefield he will surprise you. His freeze power is amazing. He won't run like crazy and have a deathwish like in my first playthrough.
2. Tali : get her loyal, save her from exile and show her you care, and she will take a bullet for you. Moreover, learn to use her drone and drain powers. Tali was a must for me. I had my geth shield maxed out, uber quick cooldown, super fast charge, and Tali was powering my geth shield with her drain power. In the Geth missions, Tali's hack is amazing too .
3. Thane : get him to talk about his first date with his wife. If you do that, he will hold the fort before the final mission. He will shout at you that they need a quick exit but will protect everyone. He is a loner but adds a lot to the team .



To be honest, you need to maximise their powers according to your character. I always played adept so I needed someone to complement my powers.. I could not stand Zaeed and never used him on missions. I always used Garrus, Miranda, Tali, , Legion, Grunt and Samara.

1. Garrus +Miranda : amazing against mechs, nassana towers and sidonis mission comes to mind. Their overload is simply amazing. Also, concussive shot from Garrus . I got so many achievements because of their overload power.
2. Grunt and Garrus : when you visit the reapers. Grunt is a must because of his Krogan charging move. You are surrounded by 20 husks and he will make a dent in them for you to run and get a good shot.
3. Legion and Samara. Legion is a lunatic with his get sniper rifle. He is like a pitbull!! Unleash him and he will clear mercs like a hot knife through butter. Samara, is amazing in tight spots as well with her biotics. You don't use Jack or Miranda for biotic missions. As much as I like them, they are not as powerful as Samara or Morinth. Patient Zero has a lot to learn from Samara.

The list goes on ...
I <3 the bit when he sang Gilbert and Sullivan
Roger Rabbit
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3930k  Asus P9X79 Pro Evga 1080 FTW DT 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2100MHZ 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Acer Predator XB271HU Dell U2715H Ducky /w Cherry Black's Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Audnist MUX-1 > HD 600's 
  hide details  
Reply
Roger Rabbit
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3930k  Asus P9X79 Pro Evga 1080 FTW DT 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX at 2100MHZ 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardCase
Acer Predator XB271HU Dell U2715H Ducky /w Cherry Black's Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX TG 
MouseAudio
Logitech G502 Audnist MUX-1 > HD 600's 
  hide details  
Reply
post #1070 of 5600
Its picture time .

He looks so sad here ... he needs a cuddle!!! Group hug with Mordin!!!!



A snap with the council .
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
 
QUEEN OF BLADES
(15 items)
 
ASUS U6Sg
(15 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
I7 920 REV D0@4.2 HT Asus Rampage II Extreme CFX: ASUS R9 270X DCUII 6GB DDR3 XMP CL6 TRIDENT 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Vertex 2 180 GB+RAID 0 2 * 1 TB SAMSUNG Sony Optiarc Labelflash Thermalright Venoumous X W7 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell U2410 IPS Logitech Corsair CMPSU-850TX Antec 1200 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech HAMA Xonar STX / Auzen Forte 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
XEON 5650X @4.45 GHz  Rampage III Formula PCGH CFX: ASUS R9 280X DCUII 16GB G-SKILL CL9@ 1643 MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
1x 850 Pro 256 GB + 1xWD 500 GB + 2x3TB WD RED Plextor PX-L89OSA Thermalright VX W10 X64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ACER B203W Razer Deathstalker Corsair CMPSU-750TX Antec 902 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G800S Logitech Gaming  Creative Titanium HD + FiiO E17 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core 2 Duo : T8300 Asus U6000Sg Series Notebook NVIDIA 9300 GS 4GB Kingston CL4 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Ultrastar Asus POS Stock Asus with MX3 W7 x64 Ultimate RETAIL 
MonitorAudio
Asus 12.1 " LED Creative X-Fi EX54 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › [Official] Mass Effect 2 Discussion and Screenshot Thread