Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Anyone know any specs on the R580?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone know any specs on the R580?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
My dad has agreed to buy me a new computer on the condition that I give him the computer in my sig minus the hard drives so he can get 2 of the same drives for RAID 1 for data security for his office. I had to keep the budget under $2000 but I went over with a 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB OCZ EL Platinum DDR600 and DFI CrossFire motherboard and a X1800XT. So I decided I would drop the X1800XT, instead get a Sapphire X1300 512MB for $119 for my dad and keep my X800XL until the R580 comes out and then upgrade it then, doing this would also allow me to upgrade my CPU to a 4400+ Dual Core and still be under budget...

So my question is this, what are the specs on the R580 as of now? Doesn't necessarily have to be official since it is still a ways off but I just wanted to know if anyone had heard any slightly reliable rumors or anything Also, it's supposed to be out by January right? I can wait until March 20th (which is a holiday to me) for prices to drop or factory overclocked versions to appear. So does anyone have a clue as to how much it will cost when it comes out and roughly how much it will drop by mid March?
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
My dad has agreed to buy me a new computer on the condition that I give him the computer in my sig minus the hard drives so he can get 2 of the same drives for RAID 1 for data security for his office. I had to keep the budget under $2000 but I went over with a 3800+ Dual Core, 2GB OCZ EL Platinum DDR600 and DFI CrossFire motherboard and a X1800XT. So I decided I would drop the X1800XT, instead get a Sapphire X1300 512MB for $119 for my dad and keep my X800XL until the R580 comes out and then upgrade it then, doing this would also allow me to upgrade my CPU to a 4400+ Dual Core and still be under budget...

So my question is this, what are the specs on the R580 as of now? Doesn't necessarily have to be official since it is still a ways off but I just wanted to know if anyone had heard any slightly reliable rumors or anything Also, it's supposed to be out by January right? I can wait until March 20th (which is a holiday to me) for prices to drop or factory overclocked versions to appear. So does anyone have a clue as to how much it will cost when it comes out and roughly how much it will drop by mid March?
32 unified shaders, not sure if its GDDR3 or GDDR4.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
Aah, has the unified shaders thing been confirmed by ATI yet? (YET because I fully expect them to utilize it since R500 already has 48 unified shaders in the Xbox360 so the technology is already there) Does anyone have a clue on clocks?

EDIT/// Interesting, http://theinquirer.net/?article=21981 I know this is from way back in March but they have a point, R480 had the same number of pipes as R420 and R430, so can anyone find anything that shows the R580 as having any more pipes or a unified shader architecture?
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Aah, has the unified shaders thing been confirmed by ATI yet? (YET because I fully expect them to utilize it since R500 already has 48 unified shaders in the Xbox360 so the technology is already there) Does anyone have a clue on clocks?
They are suppose to be high.. But i'd wait for the G80 to, it has 32 unified shaders, GDDR4 and a 900-1000 mhz core clock (32 unified shaders and GDDR4 is confirmed; also said its architecture will allow for extremely high clock speeds and people have been saying 900 or 1000 mhz). Im sure the R580 will run somewhere around 900-1000 mhz core to.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon 3600+ X2 Biostar Tforce 550 BFG 7600GT OC Corsair XMS DDR675 2x1024 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
WD 160GB + WD 80GB SATA Windows XP Pro Compaq MV720 Logitech 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
FSP FX600-GLN Aspire X-Cruiser Black Razer Copperhead Tempest Ratzpad GS 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Well I plan on getting a CrossFire motherboard so an nvidia card would be kind of stupid, so I would probably stick with R580 even if G80 is a bit faster.
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
iMac 27"
(15 items)
 
  
Reply
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster
Well I plan on getting a CrossFire motherboard so an nvidia card would be kind of stupid, so I would probably stick with R580 even if G80 is a bit faster.
From the looks of it both cards will be pretty much the same performancewise.
Very nice!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5N32-E SLI EVGA 8800GTX 2 x 1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD Caviar SE16 250GB Sony NEC Optiarc 18x SATA DVD Windows XP Pro Gateway FPD2485W 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 PC P&C Silencer 610W Thermaltake Tsunami Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Very nice!
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core 2 Duo E6600 Asus P5N32-E SLI EVGA 8800GTX 2 x 1GB GSkill HZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2 x WD Caviar SE16 250GB Sony NEC Optiarc 18x SATA DVD Windows XP Pro Gateway FPD2485W 24" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 PC P&C Silencer 610W Thermaltake Tsunami Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Anyone know any specs on the R580?