Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › **The Official Prolimatech Club**(UPDATED 1/11)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

**The Official Prolimatech Club**(UPDATED 1/11) - Page 41

post #401 of 1212
Using other TIM like mx-3 make diffrence? And what is correct method to apply tim to megahalems? I am getting 80º max temp using linx @ 25k, with these settings.

multiplier: 19x

bclk: 211

vcore: 1.27
Edited by shanbcn - 9/28/09 at 3:47pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #402 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanbcn View Post
Using other TIM like mx-3 make diffrence? And what is correct method to apply tim to megahalems? I am getting 80º max temp using linx @ 25k, with these settings.

multiplier: 19x

bclk: 211

vcore: 1.27
Most people go with a pea size drop in the middle of the heatsink as it is the easiest and most trouble free method. There are other methods and those are covered via a link in my Air Cooling guide (1st link in sig) in the TIM section.
Shadow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7920 DO 4.0/1.26V (191x21) Asus P6T MSI Twin Frozr III GTX570 Corsair 6GB DDR3/1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Falcon SSD / 1TB HDD Win 7 Pro Acer 22" Wide Razor Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w HAF 932 Wolfking Trooper Laser 2400DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7920 DO 4.0/1.26V (191x21) Asus P6T MSI Twin Frozr III GTX570 Corsair 6GB DDR3/1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Falcon SSD / 1TB HDD Win 7 Pro Acer 22" Wide Razor Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w HAF 932 Wolfking Trooper Laser 2400DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #403 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowclock View Post
Most people go with a pea size drop in the middle of the heatsink as it is the easiest and most trouble free method. There are other methods and those are covered via a link in my Air Cooling guide (1st link in sig) in the TIM section.
But will mx-3 make diffrence over prolimatech tim? And now my fan controller Sunbean is behaving diffrenly with san ace. I need to move the buton to top for blue led light, and even hold it with hand so San ace can run @ full speed. Is there something wrong with controller? or fan? San ace keep changing speed automatically.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #404 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanbcn View Post
But will mx-3 make diffrence over prolimatech tim? And now my fan controller Sunbean is behaving diffrenly with san ace. I need to move the buton to top for blue led light, and even hold it with hand so San ace can run @ full speed. Is there something wrong with controller? or fan? San ace keep changing speed automatically.
Can't tell you which is better as I haven't seen Prolimatechs TIM in any reviews.

I replied to a post earlier about the sunbeam controller. Not sure which one you have but

Quote:
The fan that comes with the Sunbeam CCF only pulls .16Amps. The Denki pulls just over .5 Amps so it would not be a good idea to use that fan controller. If you do you will either blow the controller or the Denki will run very slow or not at all even at full tilt on the controller due to it not getting enough power.
Shadow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7920 DO 4.0/1.26V (191x21) Asus P6T MSI Twin Frozr III GTX570 Corsair 6GB DDR3/1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Falcon SSD / 1TB HDD Win 7 Pro Acer 22" Wide Razor Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w HAF 932 Wolfking Trooper Laser 2400DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7920 DO 4.0/1.26V (191x21) Asus P6T MSI Twin Frozr III GTX570 Corsair 6GB DDR3/1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Falcon SSD / 1TB HDD Win 7 Pro Acer 22" Wide Razor Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w HAF 932 Wolfking Trooper Laser 2400DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #405 of 1212
Mmm don't think he's using the Sunbeam CCF controller, just another Sunbeam controller. No lights on the CCF one.
W3520INDAHOUSE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 3945A906 X58A-UD7 Passive 9800GT 1GB 6x2GB Ripjaws 2000 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25MG2 80GB Win7 Pro 64-bit NEC 2490WUXi2 LITE-ON SK-1788 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 ATCS 840 Logitech Mini Optical Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
W3520INDAHOUSE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 3945A906 X58A-UD7 Passive 9800GT 1GB 6x2GB Ripjaws 2000 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25MG2 80GB Win7 Pro 64-bit NEC 2490WUXi2 LITE-ON SK-1788 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 ATCS 840 Logitech Mini Optical Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
post #406 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowclock View Post
Can't tell you which is better as I haven't seen Prolimatechs TIM in any reviews.

I replied to a post earlier about the sunbeam controller. Not sure which one you have but
I have Sunbean 20w per channel, and i was told San ace only uses 7-8w but it seem i needed one with 0.5 amp. And it just recently started behaving like this, initially it was all good. Now i have to hold controller buton so fan can run at full speed. So which is good checp fan controller for san ace?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #407 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsMarkelson View Post
Mmm don't think he's using the Sunbeam CCF controller, just another Sunbeam controller. No lights on the CCF one.
http://www.sunbeamtech.com/PRODUCTS/RHK/Rheobus.html this is what i am using.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #408 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanbcn View Post
I have Sunbean 20w per channel, and i was told San ace only uses 7-8w but it seem i needed one with 0.5 amp. And it just recently started behaving like this, initially it was all good. Now i have to hold controller buton so fan can run at full speed. So which is good checp fan controller for san ace?
Ah ok...no your controller should be fine (it is well within wattage/amperage range) except it sounds like it is having issues...RMA it if you can. Only other issue I can think of is if you did your own wiring you might have crossed some wires or they are loose.
Shadow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7920 DO 4.0/1.26V (191x21) Asus P6T MSI Twin Frozr III GTX570 Corsair 6GB DDR3/1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Falcon SSD / 1TB HDD Win 7 Pro Acer 22" Wide Razor Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w HAF 932 Wolfking Trooper Laser 2400DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
Shadow
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7920 DO 4.0/1.26V (191x21) Asus P6T MSI Twin Frozr III GTX570 Corsair 6GB DDR3/1600 Mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
128GB Falcon SSD / 1TB HDD Win 7 Pro Acer 22" Wide Razor Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 750w HAF 932 Wolfking Trooper Laser 2400DPI 
  hide details  
Reply
post #409 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowclock View Post
Ah ok...no your controller should be fine (it is well within wattage/amperage range) except it sounds like it is having issues...RMA it if you can. Only other issue I can think of is if you did your own wiring you might have crossed some wires or they are loose.
Ok thanks, i will also try to reset cpu coler also. Its neccesary to buy Arctic Clean to clean thermal paste?
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 930 D0 @ 4.09GHz HT on ASUS P6X58D-E SPARKLE GTX 470 1280MB G.SKILL TRIDENT 1866 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
WESTERN DIGITAL CAVIAR BLACK 1 TB WIN 7 64BIT ANTEC CP-850 ANTEC 1200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #410 of 1212
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanbcn View Post
Ok thanks, i will also try to reset cpu coler also. Its neccesary to buy Arctic Clean to clean thermal paste?
Nope, rubbing alcohol works just fine.
W3520INDAHOUSE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 3945A906 X58A-UD7 Passive 9800GT 1GB 6x2GB Ripjaws 2000 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25MG2 80GB Win7 Pro 64-bit NEC 2490WUXi2 LITE-ON SK-1788 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 ATCS 840 Logitech Mini Optical Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
W3520INDAHOUSE
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
W3520 3945A906 X58A-UD7 Passive 9800GT 1GB 6x2GB Ripjaws 2000 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
X25MG2 80GB Win7 Pro 64-bit NEC 2490WUXi2 LITE-ON SK-1788 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Seasonic X750 ATCS 840 Logitech Mini Optical Razer Goliathus Speed 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › **The Official Prolimatech Club**(UPDATED 1/11)